• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Thread

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen it. Not meaning this as a dig, just saying that you tend to view Kap in a very positive light the vast majority of the time.

Not really sure why we should just look at the positives. We're certainly not doing that with the OL.
no and Im not saying you are wrong. I live on the east coast and things I have heard have been good things. Yes he still has ugly throw here and there but who doesn't. Again Im not saying he is great and is a top QB. I just happy to see improvement. I also know we go as far as the play of Kap. He sucks we suck he is great we are great. Last year I give him a pass because lets be honest we had the most starters out then any other team and w had some big time guys out. The guy has a winning record in the playoffs and has had some monster games in those games counting the super bowl.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boone you crazy bastard........ He says this is the best team he has been on. he is crazy or drinking a lot of that kool aid. LOL. don't get me wrong I hope it is but on paper no way and the way the Oline is playing I cant see it and how we lost a lot of players on Defense. I do like our RB situation, WR situations and our OLB situation better this year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moody starting MLB. Interested to see how he does. So far they say he looks good.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: How do you guys think our Run Defense will do? I mean for the last couple of years we had one of the best and with a couple new faces and more pass rushing players how do you think we will do against the Run. As of right now my prediction I have us in the top 10 but I also think we will be in the top 10 in sacks. So I think overall we will be fine. MLB depth is a little concerning but maybe thats because I'm use to willis and bowman and this year we have an open spot and bowman coming off an injury.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie update from Barrows:
Armstead:In great shape. Showing he has strength(some called this his weakness), and very athletic. Doing well on 1 on 1.
Tarrt: Playign strong so far. Coaches like what they see. Hard hitter
Harold: Outstanding so far. Lynch better get into shape because this guy will see action and with brooks playing well to 49ers have a lot of Depth at the OLB position.
Bell: Another rookie playing awesome. looks like he might take that #2 TE spot. Still needs to work on blocking.
Mike Davis: up and down so far. Couple of drops and having trouble picking up blitzes. has a ways to go.
Pinion: Booming Punts. So far so good.
Brown: Playing ok but needs to get stronger. Looks like he won't win the battle this year but overall has potential to be a good player if he gets stronger. Sleeper pick here. If Pears does bad I can see him taking over and letting him get the experience.
Silberman: Behind schedule
Smelter: we know he is injured.

Ok this is all before full contact practice so a lot can change.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LOL I was right because he wasn't on the field and that he was a waste. He was playing so so. Overall I was right saying it was a waste to pick him up and I didn't like the move.

He didn't play because he was injured. Saying you were right based on that is just silly. It's basically random. As for being a "waste," he made the vet minimum. We didn't cut any worthwhile CBs to keep him. So what exactly was wasted?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Question: How do you guys think our Run Defense will do? I mean for the last couple of years we had one of the best and with a couple new faces and more pass rushing players how do you think we will do against the Run. As of right now my prediction I have us in the top 10 but I also think we will be in the top 10 in sacks. So I think overall we will be fine. MLB depth is a little concerning but maybe thats because I'm use to willis and bowman and this year we have an open spot and bowman coming off an injury.

It depends a lot on health. But if our starting DL is Williams, Dorsey, and Dial, it's going to be tough to run against us. That's a lot of beef on the DL, and all three have proven to be good against the run. Heck, all have played the run well at NT. At DE, Dorsey and Dial should be even more effective plugging lanes. We'll lose a little something in backside pursuit, though.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't play because he was injured. Saying you were right based on that is just silly. It's basically random. As for being a "waste," he made the vet minimum. We didn't cut any worthwhile CBs to keep him. So what exactly was wasted?
who cares he was still a waste last year. not to act like a snob with this response but its clear that he was a waste. I was 100% right. Then we resign him and gave him a raise. made no sense. To have him and wright on the team made me nervous because both were rated as one of the worst in the league. Wright I feel has better potential to turn it around. His biggest problem was PI calls. if he can fix that he might be a decent pick up who might be able to help us. Cook is more for depth this year. If the others can't beat him out(cook) then we are in Big trouble.

Again this is just my opinion.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends a lot on health. But if our starting DL is Williams, Dorsey, and Dial, it's going to be tough to run against us. That's a lot of beef on the DL, and all three have proven to be good against the run. Heck, all have played the run well at NT. At DE, Dorsey and Dial should be even more effective plugging lanes. We'll lose a little something in backside pursuit, though.
Very true with those 3. My main concern with those 3 is getting pressure on the QB during the pass. I know with our D most pressure will come from our LB's but it would be nice to see those 3 add a little pressure.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
who cares he was still a waste last year. not to act like a snob with this response but its clear that he was a waste. I was 100% right. Then we resign him and gave him a raise. made no sense. To have him and wright on the team made me nervous because both were rated as one of the worst in the league. Wright I feel has better potential to turn it around. His biggest problem was PI calls. if he can fix that he might be a decent pick up who might be able to help us. Cook is more for depth this year. If the others can't beat him out(cook) then we are in Big trouble.

Again this is just my opinion.

What was wasted by having Cook on the team? Be specific.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If anyone goes I have read before that Vernon Davis can't/won't reach up to catch passes and after looking for that this past season I never saw him reach up and a couple of times it almost looked like he gave up on over thrown passes that he might have gotten a hand on and acted like he never had a chance to reach those passes. I don't claim to know for sure that he has a problem but any observations about this limitation if it exists would be appreciated.

Ryan Sakamoto (@sakamotoryan_) • Instagram photos and videos

Video here of Davis reaching up. It's one arm at a time, but he does it with each one.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Very true with those 3. My main concern with those 3 is getting pressure on the QB during the pass. I know with our D most pressure will come from our LB's but it would be nice to see those 3 add a little pressure.

Williams apparently used a pretty devastating spin move to get by Martin, I think, yesterday.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
exactly what it means. he was a waste. won't help the 49ers. pointless move.

Specifically what was wasted? If it's that obvious he was a waste, it should not be hard to come up with an answer. What CB did we cut to make room for him? How much did he eat into our cap?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Another rough day for Kap. From Cohn:

2. QB Colin Kaepernick. Has thrown an interception three days in a row and a pick-six two days in a row. Today he telegraphed a short pass to Quinton Patton who was running a short smoke route. Cornerback Shareece Wright read Kaepernick’s eyes, jumped the pass, picked it off and high-stepped into the end zone.

Mariota has yet to throw an INT in training camp. Kap is throwing one every day. Not a great sign. QBs should dominate TC, even with a shaky OL.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Kap is just experiencing early season inconsistency

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To look at the positive:

Eli Harold is looking like the steal that many thought he was (though I hesitate to give anyone too much credit for beating up on our current OL).

The CBs actually seem to be coming together pretty nicely.

Moody has apparently been playing well - though his biggest liability last year was his tackling in the run game - and it's nice to heat about Skov getting in and making some plays. I'd love it if Skov beat out the two older vets.

And surprisingly positive reviews on Armstead. He's apparently held up very well in one-on-ones. It would be nice if he could contribute.

The biggest disappointment for me has got to be Marcus Martin. I had high hopes for him. Obviously it's way early to give up on him, but it sounds like he's been arguably the biggest problem with the OL so far. He's got to shore up RG if we're going to have any stability whatsoever. At least it seems like Looney is finally putting it together tolerably.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Specifically what was wasted? If it's that obvious he was a waste, it should not be hard to come up with an answer. What CB did we cut to make room for him? How much did he eat into our cap?
i gave u an answer 3 times. say it one more time he was a waste on the 49ers. pointless move.