• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Thread

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping he was going to go to RT. I do not like Pears at all. He is ranked as one of the worst in the league.

He was worst in the league at Guard, not tackle. But, I am hoping one the rookies beats Pears out.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
According to Maiocco's twitter, OL is Staley -- Boone -- Looney -- Martin -- Pears.

I don't like Looney in there one bit. Kilgore cannot get back soon enough.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this is just training camp lineup. I would rather see Martin at center then Looney

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Maiocco also reports the field is pretty torn up after a HS football game and half of one practice. Sweet.

Kind of in disbelief at all the problems they've been having with the stadium in terms of the field, the sunny side, etc. You'd think given all the money they sunk into this that they would have figured soe of these issues out in the design phase....

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was at OG, though. At RT - at least according to reports I've seen - he's been passable. Don't get me wrong, I don't like it either, but we'll have to wait and see.

I'm very curious about Brandon Thomas. He could feasibly play RT or RG. It's looking like they envision Marcus Martin at RG, but if Kilgore isn't ready for the season opener, we basically have to start him at center. I can't see starting Looney, though maybe one of the former UDFAs stakes a claim.
I am excited to see how Thomas looks and that rookie OT that we drafted late that got great reviews.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Maiocco's twitter, OL is Staley -- Boone -- Looney -- Martin -- Pears.

I don't like Looney in there one bit. Kilgore cannot get back soon enough.

Thats not good news for Thomas.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great 1st report. Man this rookie WR white is going to make this team and I think he becomes our #3 or #4 WR this year. Also good to see Harold and Belldozer have a good 1st day.

Also bad to see that the Oline struggle and especially Pears. No way he is a starter at the end of this. I hated this move when we got him.

Long road before the season. Lets hope we see improvements.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We're you at camp today?

No. Hoping to go next Sunday, but I may not be able to make it. I was just posting what Maiocco tweeted.

Sounds like the OL continued to struggle, though the converse is that the DL played well. Reports are the Aaron Lynch is not looking terribly fit, though. That's no good.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Hoping to go next Sunday, but I may not be able to make it. I was just posting what Maiocco tweeted.

Sounds like the OL continued to struggle, though the converse is that the DL played well. Reports are the Aaron Lynch is not looking terribly fit, though. That's no good.

I read the links you posted. Pears sounds like the crappy player they picked up initially. If he can't cut it, I would rather give one of the other lineman an opportunity. I haven't found a 49er fan yet that liked the Pear signing. I didn't hear that about Aaron Lynch. He better not stumble, because Harold will be breathing down his neck. I watched a Harold interview. Seems like a really good kid.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the links you posted. Pears sounds like the crappy player they picked up initially. If he can't cut it, I would rather give one of the other lineman an opportunity. I haven't found a 49er fan yet that liked the Pear signing. I didn't hear that about Aaron Lynch. He better not stumble, because Harold will be breathing down his neck. I watched a Harold interview. Seems like a really good kid.
man White looks like we might of got a steal here. How did people pass on him. Patton should be worried.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man White looks like we might of got a steal here. How did people pass on him. Patton should be worried.

So far, his great play from OTAs has carried into Training Camp. The next big test will be once the pads come on and he has to play through contact. I am not sure if that has happened yet.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, his great play from OTAs has carried into Training Camp. The next big test will be once the pads come on and he has to play through contact. I am not sure if that has happened yet.
very true. That is the next step. Any word from our 1st rd pick armstead. I haven't heard anything.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Armstead has mostly been playing in the one-on-ones and in the "rookie" portion at the end of practice. Word is that he came in in great shape, and has had a few nice plays.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the DLine looking dominant in TC or is it jst the oline is playin poorly or some combination of both?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the DLine looking dominant in TC or is it jst the oline is playin poorly or some combination of both?
Little bit of both. They say the Ride side is looking bad but defense as a whole is looking really good. THye say Kap looks good and most WRs are looking good.

Oline Run blocking is fine. Its the pass blocking that needs improvements.

In my opinion I would put Boone at RT and then have martin and Thomas at guard. I think at the end of all this Pears will not be the starter.