• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp news

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallup runs routes so effortlessly. Protect him at all costs.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallup runs routes so effortlessly. Protect him at all costs.
All the "experts" that are killing Dallas for losing Dez and Witten don't understand Gallup and Jarwin will be better than those two were last seasons and both units will be much deeper

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wfrye stole that font before he got banned years ago :suds::D

Hope all is well Manster travel for work is kicking my azzz

All is great. Might be going to San Antonio mid August for two days.

Haven't been done there since tech school in 83.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the "experts" that are killing Dallas for losing Dez and Witten don't understand Gallup and Jarwin will be better than those two were last seasons and both units will be much deeper

You dont know that. They have not played one game yet. LOL

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont know that. They have not played one game yet. LOL
It wouldn't take much to be better than Dez was last year, as evidenced by the fact that he can't find a job by the first of August. Witten is maybe my all time favorite Cowboy, but he was done last year. Gallup is gonna be a star. We...shall...see.....
:suds:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the same way. Witten was in major decline from what he once was and so was dez. Gallup is going to be damn good. Jarwin looks good. Connor william's is going to be a pro bowl caliber player as a rookie. IMO. I realize it training camp,but williams looks ready now

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense shines again today it sounds like. Offense not clicking yet.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t think you realize how bad Witten and Dez were last season.
They were bad last year, but still it will take rookies some time. You cant expect someone to replace a hall a famer and a former #1 wide reciever after one week of training camp lol. It wasnt all on them, dak was a problem last year as well. I have no expectations . I will wait and see. Hope you are right.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on both sides of this one

Just my thoughts, but I think expecting Gallup and Jarwin alone to be better than Witten and Dez would have been is very premature. Yes, we all hope that and yes it looks like the potential may be there for them to be better than Witten of last year and Dez of the last couple of years, but let's tap the brakes a little because we don't even know how many snaps each is going to get at this point, let alone put those type of expectations on them to be the focal point of the offense in their first week of training camp.

But, what I am expecting is the passing game as a whole to be better and the receiving corps as a whole to be more productive than last year. I said it months ago and I still feel it will be the case. Not only do I expect production from Gallup, but I expect Beasley and all of the other guys to do better without Dez on the field taking 130 targets. I also expect that more speed (a lot more speed!!!) will produce a lot more big plays when teams are expecting the run and stretch the defense to open up the middle of the field on 3rd downs. I think we will make better use of our RBs in the passing game with Zeke catching a lot more balls and Austin being used in space all over the field to try to isolate him and use his speed and elusiveness. As for TE I think they will rotate too much for one guy to replace Witten, but I love what I am reading about using Jarwin as more of a down field target the way we used to with Witten when he would just go right up the seam and produce some big plays for us. This makes it a lot easier for him to get open in the middle of the field on 3rd downs because the defense can't just sit on his route. I still think Swaim is going to get a lot of snaps and may be our most important TE because I think he will be doing a lot of the early down blocking. Very interested to see how the rookie plays during the preseason games as I think he can do a little of both. Lastly I am expecting MUCH better blocking for Dak from the OL and better play from Dak himself. To me, this all adds up to a better passing Offense.:2cents:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't help containing my excitement regarding the defense. The "new" additions of Jaylon,LVE,Gregory,Armstrong and moving jones back to corner are going to make the defense better. If we somehow add earl Thomas and this is the best defense in over 20 years

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just my thoughts, but I think expecting Gallup and Jarwin alone to be better than Witten and Dez would have been is very premature. Yes, we all hope that and yes it looks like the potential may be there for them to be better than Witten of last year and Dez of the last couple of years, but let's tap the brakes a little because we don't even know how many snaps each is going to get at this point, let alone put those type of expectations on them to be the focal point of the offense in their first week of training camp.

But, what I am expecting is the passing game as a whole to be better and the receiving corps as a whole to be more productive than last year. I said it months ago and I still feel it will be the case. Not only do I expect production from Gallup, but I expect Beasley and all of the other guys to do better without Dez on the field taking 130 targets. I also expect that more speed (a lot more speed!!!) will produce a lot more big plays when teams are expecting the run and stretch the defense to open up the middle of the field on 3rd downs. I think we will make better use of our RBs in the passing game with Zeke catching a lot more balls and Austin being used in space all over the field to try to isolate him and use his speed and elusiveness. As for TE I think they will rotate too much for one guy to replace Witten, but I love what I am reading about using Jarwin as more of a down field target the way we used to with Witten when he would just go right up the seam and produce some big plays for us. This makes it a lot easier for him to get open in the middle of the field on 3rd downs because the defense can't just sit on his route. I still think Swaim is going to get a lot of snaps and may be our most important TE because I think he will be doing a lot of the early down blocking. Very interested to see how the rookie plays during the preseason games as I think he can do a little of both. Lastly I am expecting MUCH better blocking for Dak from the OL and better play from Dak himself. To me, this all adds up to a better passing Offense.:2cents:

There are always training camp stars that for some reason can’t do it with the bright lights on. Im not saying these guys are going to be like that but they need to play some real games. I swear one year I thought Sam Hurd was going to be the next Cris Carter from reading all the reports. I think he caught less than 10 passes that year. Same with Andy Jones the past 2-3 yrs.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree with all especially it will be difficult to replace Witt and Dez, but early reports show it's not impossible as some (mostly other fans) have stated.

At this point all we've seen is camp play, haven't even seen a preseason snap, and should all understand it's not the same as a regular season game, but I like what I'm seeing early.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I’ve noticed the most is the depth. I mean when they get to 53 - there will be some pretty good players let go.