• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp news

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I’ve noticed the most is the depth. I mean when they get to 53 - there will be some pretty good players let go.

Yep, a WR or two Dallas releases will probably get picked up by another team. Not bad when all the experts say the Dallas WRs are bad.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I’ve noticed the most is the depth. I mean when they get to 53 - there will be some pretty good players let go.
Agree. Damien Wilson may be our starting SAM this year or he may be cut. If Smith is our starting SAM and seems to be healthy we will want LBs that can back up all 3 spots as depth and Joe Thomas will likely be one of them so it doesn't leave too many other spots. Well, maybe a bad example because Wilson is good on STs and doesn't make a lot of money so he would still be a good backup, but I think you get my point.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Damien Wilson may be our starting SAM this year or he may be cut. If Smith is our starting SAM and seems to be healthy we will want LBs that can back up all 3 spots as depth and Joe Thomas will likely be one of them so it doesn't leave too many other spots. Well, maybe a bad example because Wilson is good on STs and doesn't make a lot of money so he would still be a good backup, but I think you get my point.

I’m reading names like Scarborough, Covington, Tapper, Deonte Thompson, Ealy, Noah Brown, Rico- just to name a few - are on the bubble right now.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on both sides of this one

Just my thoughts, but I think expecting Gallup and Jarwin alone to be better than Witten and Dez would have been is very premature. Yes, we all hope that and yes it looks like the potential may be there for them to be better than Witten of last year and Dez of the last couple of years, but let's tap the brakes a little because we don't even know how many snaps each is going to get at this point, let alone put those type of expectations on them to be the focal point of the offense in their first week of training camp.

But, what I am expecting is the passing game as a whole to be better and the receiving corps as a whole to be more productive than last year. I said it months ago and I still feel it will be the case. Not only do I expect production from Gallup, but I expect Beasley and all of the other guys to do better without Dez on the field taking 130 targets. I also expect that more speed (a lot more speed!!!) will produce a lot more big plays when teams are expecting the run and stretch the defense to open up the middle of the field on 3rd downs. I think we will make better use of our RBs in the passing game with Zeke catching a lot more balls and Austin being used in space all over the field to try to isolate him and use his speed and elusiveness. As for TE I think they will rotate too much for one guy to replace Witten, but I love what I am reading about using Jarwin as more of a down field target the way we used to with Witten when he would just go right up the seam and produce some big plays for us. This makes it a lot easier for him to get open in the middle of the field on 3rd downs because the defense can't just sit on his route. I still think Swaim is going to get a lot of snaps and may be our most important TE because I think he will be doing a lot of the early down blocking. Very interested to see how the rookie plays during the preseason games as I think he can do a little of both. Lastly I am expecting MUCH better blocking for Dak from the OL and better play from Dak himself. To me, this all adds up to a better passing Offense.:2cents:[/QUOTE
I agree. Cant wait to see the game next week and the rest of preseason. I want to see improvement in stopping the run and safety coverage. For me that is most important. The offense is going to take time due to the new recieving corp.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't help containing my excitement regarding the defense. The "new" additions of Jaylon,LVE,Gregory,Armstrong and moving jones back to corner are going to make the defense better. If we somehow add earl Thomas and this is the best defense in over 20 years
It's interesting, I look at the 2nd or 3rd we might have given up this year, and while I would love to have Thomas, I'd hate to not have Williams or Gallup....

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting, I look at the 2nd or 3rd we might have given up this year, and while I would love to have Thomas, I'd hate to not have Williams or Gallup....

No reason we can't have all three - I think we eventually will.

It's still verrrrryyyy early on, but the returns on Williams and Gallup look really good. the Cowboys did a great job with those two picks. If LVE hits, this will be another dynamite draft. Not to mention McClay and the 'Boys maybe found two other usable pieces in the middle of the draft with Shultz and Armstrong. And they like Mike White, too. Could turn out to be another great draft in a recent string of many.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Galluping Gobbler

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were bad last year, but still it will take rookies some time. You cant expect someone to replace a hall a famer and a former #1 wide reciever after one week of training camp lol. It wasnt all on them, dak was a problem last year as well. I have no expectations . I will wait and see. Hope you are right.
I’m all in on the Cowboys this year. I don’t expect many of the regs here to be on the same boat as me. This is just opinion and if Im wrong so be it. You all know how I am. I’m usually always cautiously optimistic about all things Cowboys and know full and well the black cloud of Jerry lingers. But, if the Eagles can erase their black cloud of futility with a back up QB, don’t see why this team can’t overcome Jerry. With reasonable health, I say 11-5 and no worse than conference championship appearance. If we get Earl, SB appearance. I think this team can be special. Pray for my health and sanity if the Cowboys let us down again.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason we can't have all three - I think we eventually will.

It's still verrrrryyyy early on, but the returns on Williams and Gallup look really good. the Cowboys did a great job with those two picks. If LVE hits, this will be another dynamite draft. Not to mention McClay and the 'Boys maybe found two other usable pieces in the middle of the draft with Shultz and Armstrong. And they like Mike White, too. Could turn out to be another great draft in a recent string of many.
And I think Wilson had a chance before the injury. Bottom line, the Cowboys may have the best situation in the NFL right now. High young talent level, cap space, and a fantastic scouting dept. As much credit as Stephen and McClay deserve, Jerry deserves a share too. He didn't have to get out of the way, in the end, it was his call to give up some control

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m all in on the Cowboys this year. I don’t expect many of the regs here to be on the same boat as me. This is just opinion and if Im wrong so be it. You all know how I am. I’m usually always cautiously optimistic about all things Cowboys and know full and well the black cloud of Jerry lingers. But, if the Eagles can erase their black cloud of futility with a back up QB, don’t see why this team can’t overcome Jerry. With reasonable health, I say 11-5 and no worse than conference championship appearance. If we get Earl, SB appearance. I think this team can be special. Pray for my health and sanity if the Cowboys let us down again.
I'm with you. I think this team is better than 2016 and no distractions of 17.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, 11-5 and at worst in contention down to the wire for the NFC East Crown. Deep playoff run.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-6, 9-7. Hope I am wrong. Not sold on Dak or Garrett.

I'm waiting one more season on Dak, but I like what I've seen this far. As for Garrett I'm sold Mon through Sat. I'm at the point I to where I just want him watching on game days.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting one more season on Dak, but I like what I've seen this far. As for Garrett I'm sold Mon through Sat. I'm at the point I to where I just want him watching on game days.
I really hope Dak is our franchise QB, i dont want to start over, except for a new coach. Garrett is my biggest worry.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Dak is our franchise QB, i dont want to start over, except for a new coach. Garrett is my biggest worry.
If he's no worse than 2017, hes a franchise QB. If he's 2016 Dak he's elite. I think he's somewhere in the middle of those seasons.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's no worse than 2017, hes a franchise QB. If he's 2016 Dak he's elite. I think he's somewhere in the middle of those seasons.

Hard to get a read so far in camp. I read two articles yesterday that talked about how he has struggled bad so far. I read another one that had him as the 9th best player so far in camp.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to get a read so far in camp. I read two articles yesterday that talked about how he has struggled bad so far. I read another one that had him as the 9th best player so far in camp.
It's normal for defenses to be ahead of offense and what I'm reading is Dak is working directly on his weaknesses.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this team might win the Super Bowl. I think this team will have some stylistic similarities to the 90's teams. Not nearly as good, but no one is on the salary cap era. The defense is going to be young and fast, and they can play aggressive with a running game that will keep them off the field and a QB that won't turn it over. If you're gonna get them, you better do it early