• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 all time greatest NFL coaches

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on G&G, use your words. You didn't know about Chandler's FG that clearly missed and sent the 1965 Western Conference Championship game against the Colts into OT where the Pack won ? I know it was before your time, but it's fairly notorious. Then they beat the Browns the following week for the NFL championship.

Last edited:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 20 years, there will be very few people who remember Vince Lombardi. Even watching the old films will be too much for the younger folks to endure.

In 60 years, there will still be people that remember the NE Patriots, Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. "tedman12" will be dead and so will his crying and bitching and moaning.

Umm, no.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree somewhat with this. Lombardi's prowess and ideas carried off the field and into business management. Belichick is similar with his "do your job" mantra. If more companies were run like these two super coaches ran a football team, there would be better companies.

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichek
Lombardi
Walsh
Kiffen

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we need to run a crosscheck against the "why do you hate Dallas" thread and see who all said they hated Dallas because of the way Jerry treated Landry and also wouldn't put Landry in their top 5. :evil:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we need to run a crosscheck against the "why do you hate Dallas" thread and see who all said they hated Dallas because of the way Jerry treated Landry and also wouldn't put Landry in their top 5. :evil:

Thing is, very few people actually know all the stuff Landry did and brought to the game. The modern game is damn near his creation.

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on G&G, use your words. You didn't know about Chandler's FG that clearly missed and sent the 1965 Western Conference Championship game against the Colts into OT where the Pack won ? I know it was before your time, but it's fairly notorious. Then they beat the Browns the following week for the NFL championship.
I never watched that game but I doubt he missed the FG.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landry was a great innovator and definitely deserves to be in the top 5.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never watched that game but I doubt he missed the FG.

I did. I was a kid. But it was wide right by nearly a foot. He knew he missed it too. But the ref called it good.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old video, but it looked good to me. That said I cant tell which upright that was.

The right one. It was wide right. It was the reason they extended the height of the uprights shortly afterwards though they never actually came out and said that was the reason of course.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The right one. It was wide right. It was the reason they extended the height of the uprights shortly afterwards though they never actually came out and said that was the reason of course.
Those were also H goal posts, and in thatvud you cannot see the cross bar. Kids are spoiled with todays UHD TV's.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Belichick
2. Lombardi
3. Brown
4. Noll
5. Landry

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. I was a kid. But it was wide right by nearly a foot. He knew he missed it too. But the ref called it good.

It was difficult to tell because the goal post height was shorter back then.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was difficult to tell because the goal post height was shorter back then.

Yeah, that's the reason they raised them. But even Don Chandler said many years later that he thought he missed it. He turned his head in disgust immediately after he saw it. He said that Lombardi chewed him out for reacting like that. No biggie, it's just a ancient historical NFL tidbit most current fans don't know about. There was some negative press about it back then but nothing like there would be today. It's still non-reviewable when the ball passes higher than the upright.

Lombardi was the best, imo. It's hard to argue with Belichick's success but he had several unsuccessful seasons prior to Brady. The Pack was garbage when Lombardi got there... won 1 game the year before. He immediately turned them into a winner and had them in the championship game his 2nd season where they lost a very close game... his only playoff loss. My dad & I were Redskin season tix holders when he took over there. The Skins hadn't had a winning season in over a decade. They improved immediately under him, but only for a year and then he died, too young. He would have been a great coach in any era.

Last edited:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's the reason they raised them. But even Don Chandler said many years later that he thought he missed it. He turned his head in disgust immediately after he saw it. He said that Lombardi chewed him out for reacting like that. No biggie, it's just a ancient historical NFL tidbit most current fans don't know about. There was some negative press about it back then but nothing like there would be today. It's still non-reviewable when the ball passes higher than the upright.

Lombardi was the best, imo. It's hard to argue with Belichick's success but he had several unsuccessful seasons prior to Brady. The Pack was garbage when Lombardi got there... won 1 game the year before. He immediately turned them into a winner and had them in the championship game his 2nd season where they lost a very close game... his only playoff loss. My dad & I were Redskin season tix holders when he took over there. The Skins hadn't had a winning season in over a decade. They improved immediately under him, but only for a year and then he died, too young. He would have been a great coach in any era.
Lombardi was before my time but my dad says he's the greatest NFL coach of all time and I believe him.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clearly wide right.

I hate it when Shula is correct though.