• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too Early.....

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to note that Schneider hasn't drafted a CB in the first 3 rounds.. It's been round 4-7...
Good observation. With that in mind I would expect a similar plan. He did step up, and rightfully so, for ET. So a killer FS might be paramount to Pete's overall D plan.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to note that Schneider hasn't drafted a CB in the first 3 rounds.. It's been round 4-7...
Yeah, that's true...though I'm not convinced it means a whole lot other than the situation just hasn't presented itself. The secondary was good, deep and young for several years. It's still good now, but certainly not as deep or young. Plenty injured though.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
710 is reporting that Sidney Jones has a torn Achilles. Tough break.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does.

Maybe a freefall to us at 25?

Based on what I've read about the prognosis, I don't think he'll be available to play until November at the earliest and 2018 at the latest. Assuming he'd be physically healthy enough to do football related things by November, it might take the rest of the season just to get him in football shape. Husky or not, I don't think I want the Hawks using a 1st round pick on a guy who might not be able to even play any of his rookie year.

Let me ask you this: Assuming Joeckel is the only free agent OT with starting experience we add to the roster, would you be comfortable enough with him starting at one of our tackle spots that you'd be okay with taking a guy at another position who may not even play this year in the first round instead of taking a tackle who could be our long-term answer at left or right tackle?

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sidney Jones because of injury will no longer be drafted in the first round. Tough break for the kid.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sidney Jones because of injury will no longer be drafted in the first round. Tough break for the kid.
Yeah, the "talk" seems to be somewhere around the 3rd.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I've read about the prognosis, I don't think he'll be available to play until November at the earliest and 2018 at the latest. Assuming he'd be physically healthy enough to do football related things by November, it might take the rest of the season just to get him in football shape. Husky or not, I don't think I want the Hawks using a 1st round pick on a guy who might not be able to even play any of his rookie year.

Let me ask you this: Assuming Joeckel is the only free agent OT with starting experience we add to the roster, would you be comfortable enough with him starting at one of our tackle spots that you'd be okay with taking a guy at another position who may not even play this year in the first round instead of taking a tackle who could be our long-term answer at left or right tackle?

I would be happy with a ol but we need to also address the glaring need at CB sometime before Saturday's version of the draft.

If we don't. It might hamper us next season.

There is a good cb class (or so i have been told) but it is also a good t class. I think we could a good return on both if we use the top 2 on those.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be happy with a ol but we need to also address the glaring need at CB sometime before Saturday's version of the draft.

If we don't. It might hamper us next season.

There is a good cb class (or so i have been told) but it is also a good t class. I think we could a good return on both if we use the top 2 on those.

I'm not opposed to using our first round pick on a corner, especially if we think we can still get the tackle we want in the 2nd round, but if we're gonna do that I'd like that corner to be able to play immediately.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not opposed to using our first round pick on a corner, especially if we think we can still get the tackle we want in the 2nd round, but if we're gonna do that I'd like that corner to be able to play immediately.

Same. Didn't know how long Jones was going to be out for.

Marion Humphrey is still #1 on my wishlist.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id rather just take bpa, if we go OT we will be passing on guys that are much better at their position.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id rather just take bpa, if we go OT we will be passing on guys that are much better at their position.

I agree. The signing of Joekel kind've tells me we aren't going tackle in the first round. Especially since I don't expect any of the 2 1st round talent guys to be there when the Hawks pick.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Judging by this year's crop of OL-men, it seems pretty unlikely we could get a long term answer at one of the tackle spots unless we traded up in the first round.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The signing of Joekel kind've tells me we aren't going tackle in the first round. Especially since I don't expect any of the 2 1st round talent guys to be there when the Hawks pick.

It's an extremely weak OT class, hence why everyone is spending so much in free agency. Bolles makes a lot of sense but I think someone is going to snatch him up. That said, this class is EXTREMELY strong in the secondary, and the mid rounds are loaded with tight end/runningback talent.

I want to get Obi M. He'd be a great replacement for Chancellor after this year (let him walk in FA) and he can also play some corner temporarily or fill in if Thomas/Chancellor get injured. He could also probably play some linebacker and definitely be a force on nickel sets. Having him and Chancellor on the field at the same time would make receivers nervous I feel :)

Seahawks have shown a ton of interest to the kid.. so definitely possible.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB seems to be our weakness right now when it comes to our #2 opposite Sherm on down... With what we're doing along the OL via FA, I'd be excited if the Hawks targeted Marlon Humphrey, DB ALABAMA in the first round... He's as about NFL ready as you can get for a DB... Immediate starter... He's also the son of former NFL RB, Bobby Humphrey's....

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we take two DBs in our first 5 picks.

Theres just too many good ones