• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing the buzz about us taking QB at 5, Richardson appears to be the speculative favorite. It has to be smokescreening BS, theres just no way I can see QB at 5 being justified especially not richardson

Any buzz you are hearing is complete bullshit wishcasting.

The Seahawks may draft a QB, although I doubt it. But if they are, they aren't going to let anyone know that outside of PC/JS.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5. Seattle Seahawks

I have a strong sense Seattle won't leave Round 1 without a quarterback. The more I talk to execs, scouts, coaches and agents, the more I think the Seahawks could be targeting Stroud or even Florida's Anthony Richardson at this spot, depending on who is there. Stroud is 21 years old and Richardson is 20, and the idea is either could sit behind Geno Smith in the short term and develop into the answer for the long term.

If both are gone, that means either Anderson or Wilson will be there, and I expect that'd be the direction Seattle goes. Multiple sources have told me Georgia defensive tackle Jalen Carter isn't expected be the pick. I don't see Carter falling out of the top 10, but it's reasonable he could slide to the back end of it.

One final note on Seattle: If it doesn't take a quarterback at No. 5, keep an eye on Tennessee's Hendon Hooker at No. 20, the team's other first-round slot. He's older (25), but it's another option for a team thinking about the future under center.

Nobody really knows what the Seahawks will do, that's true, but I found it interesting that McShay has shifted his guess from Carter to Stroud, Richardson, Anderson or Wilson. ESPN mocks have consistently predicted Carter up to now ( much to my annoyance).

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. And elite DTs are game wreckers. Cortez is the only true game wrecking DTs we've ever had.
Aaron Donald seems to single handily take over games when he plays against us... Our offense struggled a lot due to in most part of AD creating havoc...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the mocks this week are just garbage.

The Field Gulls one has the Hawks taking Richardson and Zay Flowers with their first 2 picks.

The PFF guys seem to think that the Hawks will be fine with 2 DTs on the roster. They somehow think that the Hawks will take a TE at 20.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the mocks this week are just garbage.

The Field Gulls one has the Hawks taking Richardson and Zay Flowers with their first 2 picks.

The PFF guys seem to think that the Hawks will be fine with 2 DTs on the roster. They somehow think that the Hawks will take a TE at 20.
Ill throw my TV out the fucking window if any of that happens

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. And elite DTs are game wreckers. Cortez is the only true game wrecking DTs we've ever had.

@boogiewithstu2007

Agree with both of you. DT might be one of the hardest positions to find... given that 1) They have a high probability to eat themselves out of the league, 2) Need plays off just to conserve stamina/strength, 3) Are VERY scheme specific, and 4) High injury risk, 5) Also just a damn hard position to learn.

On #5 I'm not saying all other positions are easier, but DL in general is just tough. Someone in the family played D2 football and he said in his experience they put a lot of the larger guys who were more athletic or stronger on the DL. He said it was harder to learn than offensive line positions. That's of course just one source/opinion, but I can buy it.

Seems like you can get pretty serviceable guards, centers, tackles even in the late 1st/2nd these days. Finding a DT in that range to start year 1 and be even just solid seems hard.

It's one reason I am willing to take a flyer on Carter despite his off field/character concerns. Because if he actually wants to try and not act like a douche or get fat/happy he has all the makings to be a great asset for us. I just don't like the ethic concerns.

As for Richardson, ah HELL no. Reportedly from some teams the Cardinals are also STRONGLY linked to Tyree Wilson (even over Anderson if there).

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5. Seattle Seahawks

I have a strong sense Seattle won't leave Round 1 without a quarterback. The more I talk to execs, scouts, coaches and agents, the more I think the Seahawks could be targeting Stroud or even Florida's Anthony Richardson at this spot, depending on who is there. Stroud is 21 years old and Richardson is 20, and the idea is either could sit behind Geno Smith in the short term and develop into the answer for the long term.

If both are gone, that means either Anderson or Wilson will be there, and I expect that'd be the direction Seattle goes. Multiple sources have told me Georgia defensive tackle Jalen Carter isn't expected be the pick. I don't see Carter falling out of the top 10, but it's reasonable he could slide to the back end of it.

One final note on Seattle: If it doesn't take a quarterback at No. 5, keep an eye on Tennessee's Hendon Hooker at No. 20, the team's other first-round slot. He's older (25), but it's another option for a team thinking about the future under center.

Nobody really knows what the Seahawks will do, that's true, but I found it interesting that McShay has shifted his guess from Carter to Stroud, Richardson, Anderson or Wilson. ESPN mocks have consistently predicted Carter up to now ( much to my annoyance).

Stroud may tank a bit after that horrible cognitive test. Apparently that's supposed to tell more than the Wonderlic because it's a test more about quick time processing and decision making (instead of "What is the 8th month in the year derp!"). Course apparently Richardson scored very highly and I really want no part of that either... ah who knows.

I wonder if the Texans skip a QB and grab Anderson or Carter at 2. Cards' rumor report likens them to Wilson. I mean worst case (cause Panthers seem to be taking Young) is Wilson, Carter, and Anderson are all gone at 5...

I guess at that point you try to trade the F outta there. Someone will take a flyer on Richardson/Stroud at #5 and you can probably get a draft pick haul.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stroud may tank a bit after that horrible cognitive test. Apparently that's supposed to tell more than the Wonderlic because it's a test more about quick time processing and decision making (instead of "What is the 8th month in the year derp!").

I wonder if the Texans skip a QB and grab Anderson or Carter at 2. Cards' rumor report likens them to Wilson. I mean worst case (cause Panthers seem to be taking Young) is Wilson, Carter, and Anderson are all gone at 5...

I guess at that point you take Stroud or try to trade the F outta there.
I'm fine taking Stroud, truth is no one knows if Geno's last season was a rebirth or an outlier at 32 years of age, or even if he plays well, for how long?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock and Salk did a great back and forth on Jalen Carter today on their pod.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine taking Stroud, truth is no one knows if Geno's last season was a rebirth or an outlier at 32 years of age, or even if he plays well, for how long?
Im out on all the QBs this year, except for young, they all have bust written all over them.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mazi Smith would be a great fit for our scheme. The question for me is where he would be drafted. I would love for us to trade down at least once and ultimately pick in the low teens and pick up an extra pick in the 40's.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im out on all the QBs this year, except for young, they all have bust written all over them.

I 100% understand what you are saying but i think there are a couple lower guys that will do well. I dont have faith in any of the top 4 guys at all.

Drafting someone in the 5th to 7th round that never becomes anything but a back up is acceptable to me but doing so on someone in the first 3 rounds is not.

Then again I believe Lock can be as good as any of these guys coming out.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again I believe Lock can be as good as any of these guys coming out.

And this is the problem with drafting someone in the middle rounds. Are the likely to be better than Lock? Would we cut lock in order to keep them since it is unlikely we would keep 3 QBs on the roster?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors say levis is going #1

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors say levis is going #1

I could actually see that happen. Long term I think Levis might be better than both Young and stroud. These top QB's are not as special as they looked in the 2021 season. None of them took that step forward really and in some cases they took steps back.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is the problem with drafting someone in the middle rounds. Are the likely to be better than Lock? Would we cut lock in order to keep them since it is unlikely we would keep 3 QBs on the roster?
I think a middle round QB could stick on the PS or beat out one of Geno or Lock. In preseason i liked what i saw from Lock with the 3rd string everything every time. Then in his most extensive playing time they forced him to throw like 90% of the time and it went down hill. To me it seemed like they were forcing it so he would make mistakes. His production was at a higher average than Geno's in the preseason but he had those Turnovers in that last game that soured everyone.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a middle round QB could stick on the PS or beat out one of Geno or Lock. In preseason i liked what i saw from Lock with the 3rd string everything every time. Then in his most extensive playing time they forced him to throw like 90% of the time and it went down hill. To me it seemed like they were forcing it so he would make mistakes. His production was at a higher average than Geno's in the preseason but he had those Turnovers in that last game that soured everyone.
If the Hawks don't take a QB in the 3 or 4 rounds, then that would tell me that they believe in Lock moving forward...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going forward I believe in Lock more than Geno just based on age and the fact I feel Lock is a more athletic QB.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idiots at kjr have us taking hooker at 20, what a fucking disaster that would be