• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 potential and top 25 in the first and 2nd?

Who is on your wish list?

Postions?

For me. A fat boy like Bryan Breeze ( Clemson) would be good. But would be overjoyed if it's Will Anderson (Alabama Edge)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 potential and top 25 in the first and 2nd?

Who is on your wish list?

Postions?

For me. A fat boy like Bryan Breeze ( Clemson) would be good. But would be overjoyed if it's Will Anderson (Alabama Edge)

Never too early to talk about the draft, Fudge...

To put it simply with the Broncos pick:
Murphy or Anderson...

And then I want McDonald, Johnston, and Sewell after the fact.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A top 5 pick has to be a QB or DL

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A top 5 pick has to be a QB or DL
Just draft best available at this point. We basically hit on every pick this year (jury is still out on Mafe, but Mafe was very raw to begin with)...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No on QB… DL? Yes
Unless stroud somehow falls, I wouldnt take a QB.

jalen carter is top of my wish list.

this was last weeks draft projection by espn:

3. Seattle Seahawks (via 3-6 DEN)​

Average draft position: 6.5
FPI chance to earn No. 1 pick: 5.4%
FPI chance to earn top-five pick: 48.4%
FPI chance to earn top-10 pick: 82.6%

and the current:

3. Seattle Seahawks (via 3-7 DEN)​

Average draft position: 5.2
FPI chance to earn No. 1 pick: 5.1%
FPI chance to earn top-five pick: 63.5%
FPI chance to earn top-10 pick: 91.6%

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno will have his one big chance at a big payday, no way to know if the Seahawks can sign him. Lock is a FA. Rather the Seahawks take the best QB available with their first pick, they would still have plenty of picks for other positions, another first and two seconds ( one of which will be early) and the picks in other rounds.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno will have his one big chance at a big payday, no way to know if the Seahawks can sign him. Lock is a FA. Rather the Seahawks take the best QB available with their first pick, they would still have plenty of picks for other positions, another first and two seconds ( one of which will be early) and the picks in other rounds.
If we cant keep geno then unfortunately we are going to have to take a QB with our first, which will probably be a reach. unless stroud somehow falls.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we cant keep geno then unfortunately we are going to have to take a QB with our first, which will probably be a reach. unless stroud somehow falls.

I think Geno is going to resign for WAY cheaper than everyone thinks... I'm betting on like a 3 year $60M contract.... everyone thinking he's going to sign some $40M contract is batshit at this point...

Seattle had a VERY weak SOS this year.... and a number of the teams they faced early on were completely beat up, the Rams hit their wall (HARD), and the midget sucks. Nobody is paying Geno $40M a year, lmao....

All said, it's absolutely in Seattle's interest to resign him and draft DL, WR, C/G, and ILB with the first 4 picks, and then a RB in the 3rd.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Geno is going to resign for WAY cheaper than everyone thinks... I'm betting on like a 3 year $60M contract.... everyone thinking he's going to sign some $40M contract is batshit at this point...

Seattle had a VERY weak SOS this year.... and a number of the teams they faced early on were completely beat up, the Rams hit their wall (HARD), and the midget sucks. Nobody is paying Geno $40M a year, lmao....

All said, it's absolutely in Seattle's interest to resign him and draft DL, WR, C/G, and ILB with the first 4 picks, and then a RB in the 3rd.
IMO it would be a mistake for the Seahawks to commit to Geno for multiple years. This is a fluke season for Geno and it would be a mistake to assume he can repeat it. Secondly this likely is the only chance to draft a highly-rated QB for some time. The roster will be too good to have an early pick going forward, so if the Seahawks pass drafting a highly-rated QB this next draft, then they are screwed. No position is more important then QB, it's crazy for fans to hope the Seahawks pass on drafting one early this next draft.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Geno signs cheap (talking $20M per) and Seattle has a successful season (playoffs), the team you can build up with the draft and cap capital that we have next season is insane... and you can grab a QB in the 3rd...

I mean if your guy is there with the 1st, snag him... but if Geno has a good season and Seattle spends those picks on DL/OL/WR/ILB free agents are going to flock here for SUPER cheap to get Carroll another SBOWL.

Time will tell... If we can get Geno for $20M per year for a few years, I'm for it. Only QB I'd be happy with in the first is Stroud. I could stomach a trade down with our pick for Levis as a late 1st, assuming we resign Smith.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Geno signs cheap (talking $20M per) and Seattle has a successful season (playoffs), the team you can build up with the draft and cap capital that we have next season is insane... and you can grab a QB in the 3rd...

I mean if your guy is there with the 1st, snag him... but if Geno has a good season and Seattle spends those picks on DL/OL/WR/ILB free agents are going to flock here for SUPER cheap to get Carroll another SBOWL.

Time will tell... If we can get Geno for $20M per year for a few years, I'm for it. Only QB I'd be happy with in the first is Stroud. I could stomach a trade down with our pick for Levis as a late 1st, assuming we resign Smith.
Geno will be paid more than 20 million a year. Goff, Wentz, Tannehill, Ryan all make about 30 million a year. Carr is making 40 million per year. The salaries keep rising every year so think it's wishful thinking Geno will sign on the cheap.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno will be paid more than 20 million a year. Goff, Wentz, Tannehill, Ryan all make about 30 million a year. Carr is making 40 million per year. The salaries keep rising every year so think it's wishful thinking Geno will sign on the cheap.

And if that's the case, I'm perfectly fine going all in on a QB in the 1st..

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it would be a mistake for the Seahawks to commit to Geno for multiple years. This is a fluke season for Geno and it would be a mistake to assume he can repeat it. Secondly this likely is the only chance to draft a highly-rated QB for some time. The roster will be too good to have an early pick going forward, so if the Seahawks pass drafting a highly-rated QB this next draft, then they are screwed. No position is more important then QB, it's crazy for fans to hope the Seahawks pass on drafting one early this next draft.
If stroud is gone? If young is gone (kind of done with small Qbs)? Then what?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually wait until the off-season to study college players. I feel there are several QBs worth considering in this upcoming draft. As draft classes go this one is considered strong at the QB position.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stroud hasn't looked great today against michigan, 0 second half point so far.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really like Murphy out of Clemson... has the size and athleticism to be dominant in the NFL. I know Seattle does not have a good track record with DL in the 1st.. but man there is huge upside...

Interestingly enough, some scouts recently reported that Will Anderson might not have the size to play at the NFL level and his athleticism is questionable. I've seen a few mocks push Murphy to Seattle and frankly I'm all for it. I think the guy will be a stud in the NFL. QB is always controversial, but I think Stroud is the best shot.... if we can't get him, not interested with Denver's pick on a QB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Murphy out of Clemson... has the size and athleticism to be dominant in the NFL. I know Seattle does not have a good track record with DL in the 1st.. but man there is huge upside...

Interestingly enough, some scouts recently reported that Will Anderson might not have the size to play at the NFL level and his athleticism is questionable. I've seen a few mocks push Murphy to Seattle and frankly I'm all for it. I think the guy will be a stud in the NFL. QB is always controversial, but I think Stroud is the best shot.... if we can't get him, not interested with Denver's pick on a QB.
So you think Geno will repeat this season's performance then? What happens when he turns back into a pumpkin again? How do the Seahawks correct the QB situation? Even if they resign Geno for cheap ( unlikely) they need to search for their next franchise QB pronto and this draft is by far their best chance to land one.
The reason you and others want the Seahawks to pass taking a QB with the early first is you like playing armchair GM and you want this player and that player and so on and can't be done if the Seahawks use that first on a QB. Seahawks HAVE TO take a QB with that early first, HAVE TO!
Adjust your wish list accordingly and start the list after the Seahawks take a QB with their early first.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Geno will repeat this season's performance then? What happens when he turns back into a pumpkin again? How do the Seahawks correct the QB situation? Even if they resign Geno for cheap ( unlikely) they need to search for their next franchise QB pronto and this draft is by far their best chance to land one.
The reason you and others want the Seahawks to pass taking a QB with the early first is you like playing armchair GM and you want this player and that player and so on and can't be done if the Seahawks use that first on a QB. Seahawks HAVE TO take a QB with that early first, HAVE TO!
Adjust your wish list accordingly and start the list after the Seahawks take a QB with their early first.

I'm not saying pass on a QB. I very clearly said I'd love Murphy if he's available with the Broncos pick and if Stroud is there with Denver's pick I'd be perfectly happy with that and take that over Murphy. I think Geno has a chance of repeating this season, and if it comes at a cost of $20M per year and we can make our front 7, WR core, and OL elite, I'm 100% fine with that.

I'm not interested in the Midget 2.0 in Young or Trey Failure 2.0 in Levis with a top 5 pick.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying pass on a QB. I very clearly said I'd love Murphy if he's available with the Broncos pick and if Stroud is there with Denver's pick I'd be perfectly happy with that and take that over Murphy. I think Geno has a chance of repeating this season, and if it comes at a cost of $20M per year I'm 100% fine with that.

I'm not interested in the Midget 2.0 in Young or Trey Failure 2.0 in Levis with a top 5 pick.
OK I'll calm down. I do feel strongly that QB is the #1 need going into the draft and unless the Seahawks feel there isn't a decent prospect at QB when their turns come,( which I find unlikely) then a QB has to be taken first.