• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Romo wins a championship

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Eli is ahead of Romo in every stat except passer rating.

Literally impossible. Thanks for playing though.

The only thing Eli has is the SBs.

He has more yards. Good for him. I'd expect him to. He's played longer.

Romo has a higher TD % 5.7 to Eli's 4.6. Romo has a lower INT % 2.7 to Eli's 3.1. Romo has a higher YPA 7.9 to Eli's 7.0. Romo won 61.4% of his games, Eli's winning percentage is 51.8%. Completion percentage also heavily favors Romo. 65.3% to Eli's 59.8%.

Heck, Romo was better in the playoffs than Eli has been. 93.0 QB rating compared to Eli's 87.4.

You know why I use QB rating? Because it's not a stat a QB has singular control of. It's an aggregate stat. It reduces the whole of a QBs stats into a single number.

You say Romo has had a good team around him? I don't think the numbers show this. Here's Romo's stats in playoff losses:

72-119, 60.5%, 779 yards, 194.8 YPG, 4 TDs, 2 INTs, 83.9 QB rating

Not great, but certainly decent enough to win at least one of those games.

Now here's Eli's numbers in playoff losses:

64-118, 54.2%, 742 yards, 185.5 YPG, 3 TDs, 7 INTs, 57.2 QB rating

Even a playoff team can't win with a QB that puts up numbers like that.

That you think Eli is a good QB that compares favorably with other HOF QBs is laughable.

He compares much closer to the other HOF QBs

No, he doesn't. He compares closely to Cam Newton. Hardly a HOF QB.

Eli Manning career QB rating: 83.5
Cam Newton career QB rating: 85.3

Once again, QB rating is an aggregate stat. It takes the whole of a QB's stats and boils it down to one. And Eli's QB rating is a glaring indication of his mediocrity.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway won 2 SBs. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Ah, so now 2 SB wins are a measurable when it is a Donkey qb ??????
So since Elway won only 2 of 5 SB appearances, and SB wins don't beat completion stats, Romo was a better qb than Elway according to your highly retarded way of thinking !!!!
Thank you for your for your participation.....
giphy.gif

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally impossible. Thanks for playing though.

The only thing Eli has is the SBs.

He has more yards. Good for him. I'd expect him to. He's played longer.

Romo has a higher TD % 5.7 to Eli's 4.6. Romo has a lower INT % 2.7 to Eli's 3.1. Romo has a higher YPA 7.9 to Eli's 7.0. Romo won 61.4% of his games, Eli's winning percentage is 51.8%. Completion percentage also heavily favors Romo. 65.3% to Eli's 59.8%.

Heck, Romo was better in the playoffs than Eli has been. 93.0 QB rating compared to Eli's 87.4.

You know why I use QB rating? Because it's not a stat a QB has singular control of. It's an aggregate stat. It reduces the whole of a QBs stats into a single number.

You say Romo has had a good team around him? I don't think the numbers show this. Here's Romo's stats in playoff losses:

72-119, 60.5%, 779 yards, 194.8 YPG, 4 TDs, 2 INTs, 83.9 QB rating

Not great, but certainly decent enough to win at least one of those games.

Now here's Eli's numbers in playoff losses:

64-118, 54.2%, 742 yards, 185.5 YPG, 3 TDs, 7 INTs, 57.2 QB rating

Even a playoff team can't win with a QB that puts up numbers like that.

That you think Eli is a good QB that compares favorably with other HOF QBs is laughable.

No, he doesn't. He compares closely to Cam Newton. Hardly a HOF QB.

Eli Manning career QB rating: 83.5
Cam Newton career QB rating: 85.3

Once again, QB rating is an aggregate stat. It takes the whole of a QB's stats and boils it down to one. And Eli's QB rating is a glaring indication of his mediocrity.
You literally cherry picked like 2 stats we already went through this last night. When talking HOF Super Bowls and Super Bowl MVPs along with name give Eli a massive edge. Numbers bears on percentages really don’t mean anything they like the hard numbers yardage TDS etc...Eli holds them all over Romo. Rooms career wasn’t shortened do to injury. It was shortened because a rookie was a more effective QB. I will say it was nice you actually tried this time. But Eli still has the stronger HOF resume and it’s not really close

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, so now 2 SB wins are a measurable

It is when you win 2 while going to 5. How many playoff wins does Eli have aside from his 2 SB seasons? The answer is zero.

You make yourself look like a bigger clown with each post, so please continue to do so.

Romo was a better qb than Elway

They played in different eras, so it's intellectually dishonest to say who is better or worse through simple statistical analysis. Romo and Eli, however played contemporaneously, so a statistical comparison is valid.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

I'm sorry. I'm done. I cannot debate stupidity.
Of course you’re done you have no actual stats or valid arguement. That would put Romo in over Eli. Fwiw paper rating would also be effected by career longevity. This is why percentages don’t work. You’ll notice a lot of passer ratings tend to drop with longevity. Bad teams, age, etc... I gave you the statistics that matter most along with resume. 2 Super Bowls and 2 super bowl MVPs. Along with longevity say a lot more. Than being remembered for flopping and costing your team a play off game. And being replaced by a rook. Bu your standards Carson Palmer is in over Marino. Ypu may not like it but Eli has the stronger resume especially when compared to other HOF players

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is when you win 2 while going to 5. How many playoff wins does Eli have aside from his 2 SB seasons? The answer is zero.

You make yourself look like a bigger clown with each post, so please continue to do so.

They played in different eras, so it's intellectually dishonest to say who is better or worse through simple statistical analysis. Romo and Eli, however played contemporaneously, so a statistical comparison is valid.

Dude you must be on pain killers or something because you are one stupid moron !!!!!
th

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone is knocking at your door.....

th
Same thing every time as soon as you give him facts. He tried to skew a few numbers. And goes back to responses with no content to back up his stance. I’m not a fan of Eli or Romo. But going by the actual data, resumes and logic. Eli gets in over Romo without a doubt

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I suppose this guy I a HOF'er, too?

maxresdefault.jpg

At least his stats are decent. Well, decent in comparison to Eli.
Eli has twice the amount of super bowl wins twice the amount of super bowl MVPs and their passer ratings are close Eli Still owns all the other stat. You almost found a player more comparable to Romo but you're right Flacco has more hardware. Looks like Romo just got bumped back another slot good job :thumb: