• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Romo to retire...?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he can pull a Kitna now if something happens to Dak???

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder who the "playoff-ready team" was who offered up a trade? No way to know, I guess, but I am betting it was Jacksonville. The Jaguars have nothing to lose from trading for Romo, and everything to gain.

Moot point now, it seems.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If true the only talking point of the off season in the NFL just ended. I'll believe it when I see it, still plenty of time before the season starts.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly enough, this news is not being reported on the Cowboys official website - I would think they would have been the first with the scoop? ESPN was the first to report the story, and then Rappaport ran with it. Curious, especially considering Rappaport was the one who reported Romo was being released on March 9th, and then last night he reported that Romo was going to be released again. None of these ass-hats know what they are talking about. Sports media is ridiculously unreliable.

Might be more to this story...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did an interview a couple of years ago - saying it wouldn't be the same playing and winning with someone else. Not sure if this had anything to do with his decision- I doubt much- but ever since it was expected for him to be somewhere else, I always thought about this. When that damn Shefter says something, I have learned it is likely to happen. He said it a few weeks ago. Just Wow.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly enough, this news is not being reported on the Cowboys official website - I would think they would have been the first with the scoop? ESPN was the first to report the story, and then Rappaport ran with it. Curious, especially considering Rappaport was the one who reported Romo was being released on March 9th, and then last night he reported that Romo was going to be released again. None of these ass-hats know what they are talking about. Sports media is ridiculously unreliable.

Might be more to this story...
The Cowboys official website has always been slow.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys official website has always been slow.

True, but this is the biggest news coming out of Dallas in a long time. I would have thought the Cowboys organization would give it's own media arm the inside track - since Jerry and Co. would be the first to know outside of Romo.

I guess it boils down to I don't trust Ian Rappaport, even to tell me what time it is.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Didn't read article yet, but I will say I am totally surprised. I didn't think there was even a chance of him retiring. But honestly I think it's the right move. The odds of him getting through an NFL season were slim and at this point why bother? His best days are long behind him and the chance of winning a ring were slim at best. Will be fun to see him on tv if that is what he chooses. I think he will be a great studio guy.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but this is the biggest news coming out of Dallas in a long time. I would have thought the Cowboys organization would give it's own media arm the inside track.

I guess it boils down to I don't trust Ian Rappaport, even to tell me what time it is.
I think it is more official versus unofficial news. We hear about signings long before they are put on the Cowboy website. Their first story will probably be something like 'press conference tomorrow where Romo is expected to announce his retirement'

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw him playing golf this weekend was the first time I really believed he might retire

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine this moment at the Stadium if it ever happened. Talk about a made for tv scenario if Dak goes down with a must win game coming up next. It would put the Willis Reed moment to shame:

NFL Network's Jane Slater reported that although Romo is poised to retire, he'd consider coming back to the Cowboys in the future if the team "really" needed him. Rapoport added there's a chance Romo hasn't played his final NFL down, but emphasized Romo likely would only consider playing for Dallas if he wanted to come back.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is more official versus unofficial news. We hear about signings long before they are put on the Cowboy website. Their first story will probably be something like 'press conference tomorrow where Romo is expected to announce his retirement'

With all the nonsense sports media tries to pass off as fact these days, I am always just a little skeptical until I see something from a more reputable source than ESPN or Ian Rappaport. Although, I think Todd Archer was the first to report it, and Archer isn't near as click-baity (Yup, I just made up a new term) as the others.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's legit...it's a wrap for Romo.

Good for him walking away on his own terms.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the nonsense sports media tries to pass off as fact these days, I am always just a little skeptical until I see something from a more reputable source than ESPN or Ian Rappaport. Although, I think Todd Archer was the first to report it, and Archer isn't near as click-baity (Yup, I just made up a new term) as the others.
Agree. We are in a world where being the first to report something has become more important than reporting it accurately.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's legit...it's a wrap for Romo.

Good for him walking away on his own terms.

I actually love this result. Would have HATED to see Romo in another jersey. Fuck potential compensation.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. We are in a world where being the first to report something has become more important than reporting it accurately.

I know. It's doing a lot of damage in our society these days. The shit needs to be reigned in, but as long as page clicks are driving ad revenue, I doubt it will be.