• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial superbowl 50 pregame thread

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we have the Broncos with Peyton Manning barely limping into the Superbowl for one last dance at the rodeo and then we have the Panthers with Cam Newton coming into his prime and playing like a beast. Yeah, should be a good one...

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about this game the more of a bad feeling I get about Denver's chances. I just don't see how they can keep up with Carolina. I'm sure Denver's Defense will stop Carolina a few times but they can't hold them all game. I don't see the Offense keeping up their side of things and in the end their lack of execution will kill them.

I'm getting the same vibe I did before the Seahawks game and we all know how that turned out.
....*try this on,...you'll feel better*.....15772605.jpg

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably an old dial phone at his home. :D

I don't even own a flip phone. Hard line only. Never know when you want out of the Matrix.

And in my shop I have a rotary dial phone. Can't phone out on it but it has an actual bell, and if it rings I can talk on it.....

Reactions: GNG

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not a fan that so much of the media has turned the Panthers into the race issue. Same with Rivera and the question he got about being of Spanish origin. It just seems like the more we actually talk about race the worst it actually gets. He is a coach and Cam is a QB. It should stop at that.

As for the Cam hate to me it is overblown. I've seen some Seahawks fans on here a little salty about his behavior and a few others but otherwise I don't think anybody really cares. I always tell the students I help coach that if you are looking to an athlete to be your role model then you are looking in the wrong place. There are plenty of other people in the world that will do a much better job of modeling what a great life looks like. Just enjoy athletes for what they do and that is entertain us as fans.

Now the actual game I honestly have no clue what to expect. As a Bronco fan none of us have any clue which Peyton we are getting. He has had some of his best games after having a week off this season so it makes me hopeful that he can show up in a big way. At the same time it wouldn't surprise me if he has a multiple interception game. To me the key for the Broncos is not falling behind early. Can't let the Panthers do what they have done so far this post season of getting up by 17 or more points right off the bat and having to fight back. Puts too much pressure on the defense and makes it too easy to know what the offense has to do. If the score at the end of the 1st quarter has the broncos down by 3 or less points then I will like our chances much much more.

Race and sex sell better than anything for the media...Cam did open the can of worms, but it was going to come up anyway eventually.

On the game...I don't see CAR getting up big early...tit for tat type game for a good bit of it...PM has to be willing to punt...trying to make a play that goes the other way is going to be hard to overcome.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you suppose Sonny has a flip phone?

No TD still have my carrying phone that weighs 3lbs. YForget-iphone6-get-iphone7.jpg eah like G&G knows how to use a smart phone, here he is pretending

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought this kind of a fun read: Snoop Dogg crashes Super Bowl interviews as guest correspondent

Excerpt:
"The iconic rapper floated around, asking players questions and posing for pictures, while also requesting a 50% Papa John's discount from quarterback Peyton Manning, who owns several of the pizza chain's franchises, the next time he visits Colorado (get it?).

“Absolutely,” Manning said."

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Race and sex sell better than anything for the media...Cam did open the can of worms, but it was going to come up anyway eventually.

On the game...I don't see CAR getting up big early...tit for tat type game for a good bit of it...PM has to be willing to punt...trying to make a play that goes the other way is going to be hard to overcome

Absolutely agree with that. Peyton has shown the past several weeks since returning that he appreciates the value of sometimes having to punt.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've never heard Chad Brown speak before, but he just did an interview with The Rise Guys, and after about 30 seconds he was one of my favourite former-player interviews in a long time.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we have the Broncos with Peyton Manning barely limping into the Superbowl for one last dance at the rodeo and then we have the Panthers with Cam Newton coming into his prime and playing like a beast. Yeah, should be a good one...

I think the Denver D can slow down Carolina for a while. Yes they did run roughshod over Seattle and Arizona (both excellent D's) but each game is different.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday can't get here fast enough just so we can get this over with.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boss and his wife left yesterday for the game. 2 tickets on the 50?

Not sure why he took her though. She's a talker.

He has more money than sense.....

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 24 hours till kickoff and this thread had fallen to page two. :tsk:

Apparently, there has been a lot of money bet on Denver recently. When the spread initially opened, Carolina was a 3.5 point favorite and around 90% of the money was on them. The spread has since widened to Carolina -5.5, reducing the percentage of money on the Panthers to around 54%.

In Vegas, late money runs on underdog Broncos

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty remarkable that Panthers LB Thomas Davis is playing in the game, given that he broke his forearm in the NFCCG. He had surgery the next day to put a plate in his forearm.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than 24 hours until we can get this over with. All I ask Denver is don't let it be 43-8 again. I'd even take 33-8 but for the love of god limit them to under 35 points and score more than 10.

Just keep it a close game and not an embarrassment like last time.

I'm not giving Denver much of a chance but even I don't want to watch them get slaughtered again.

Regardless of what a bunch of players who've won nothing think there's a reason Denver is the underdog and people "disrespect them". The players seem to think that now that they've won some meaningless conference title people should all of a sudden forget their epic choke job 2 years ago and treat them with respect. They haven't earned anything yet but they can prove they're worth something with a win tomorrow.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than 24 hours until we can get this over with. All I ask Denver is don't let it be 43-8 again. I'd even take 33-8 but for the love of god limit them to under 35 points and score more than 10.

Just keep it a close game and not an embarrassment like last time.

I'm not giving Denver much of a chance but even I don't want to watch them get slaughtered again.

Regardless of what a bunch of players who've won nothing think there's a reason Denver is the underdog and people "disrespect them". The players seem to think that now that they've won some meaningless conference title people should all of a sudden forget their epic choke job 2 years ago and treat them with respect. They haven't earned anything yet but they can prove they're worth something with a win tomorrow.

This team is very different than that team. Entirely new coaching staff and only five of twenty-two players who started in that game will start tomorrow. Far more relevant to me that, unlike two years ago, tomorrow we field the top ranked defense in the league. I seriously doubt that Carolina come close to 35 points. Might not even hit 20.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is very different than that team. Entirely new coaching staff and only five of twenty-two players who started in that game will start tomorrow. Far more relevant to me that, unlike two years ago, tomorrow we field the top ranked defense in the league. I seriously doubt that Carolina come close to 35 points. Might not even hit 20.

I still consider them guilty until proven innocent so to speak. And I consider this team and the team of 2 years ago a wash at least heading into the game. Yes they are the #1 Defense but they are also the #16 Offense compared to 2 years ago where they were the #1 Offense but the #19 Defense.

And at their core they are still the Denver Broncos regardless of coach or players. I know how they play and how they respond to everyone watching them.

Tomorrow I hope I'm wrong and despite some people's claims I don't want them to lose just so I can be right but I'm just going off history because at this point that's all we have to go by.

Last edited: