• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial superbowl 50 pregame thread

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still consider them guilty until proven innocent so to speak. And I consider this team and the team of 2 years ago a wash at least heading into the game. Yes they are the #1 Defense but they are also the #16 Offense compared to 2 years ago where they were the #1 Offense but the #19 Defense.

And at their core they are still the Denver Broncos regardless of coach or players. I know how they play and how they respond to everyone watching them.

Tomorrow I hope I'm wrong and despite some people's claims I don't want them to lose just so I can be right but I'm just going off history because at this point that's all we have to go by.

Like I posted above, I think that the way the team has played this year is far more relevant than how the team played the SB two years ago. We will know in a about 26 hours. I really like our chances, but I also understand that Carolina is a good team.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I posted above, I think that the way the team has played this year is far more relevant than how the team played the SB two years ago. We will know in a about 26 hours. I really like our chances, but I also understand that Carolina is a good team.

I see Denver as the family member who's always screwing up and always asking for money because they're in trouble, no matter how many times they tell you they've changed or it looks like they have based on a few good weeks in the end you know they will disappoint you because that's what they've always done. You can only believe them so many times before you stop caring. You may want them to do well and succeed but at the bottom of your heart you know they wont because they've proven it over and over again.

And yes I know how dramatic that sounds before anyone feels the need to tell me.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Denver as the family member who's always screwing up and always asking for money because they're in trouble, no matter how many times they tell you they've changed or it looks like they have based on a few good weeks in the end you know they will disappoint you because that's what they've always done. You can only believe them so many times before you stop caring. You may want them to do well and succeed but at the bottom of your heart you know they wont because they've proven it over and over again.

And yes I know how dramatic that sounds before anyone feels the need to tell me.

Wow! That is an incredibly pessimistic view. Only eight teams have won more SBs than Denver. Tomorrow we have a chance to cut that number to six.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! That is an incredibly pessimistic view. Only eight teams have won more SBs than Denver. Tomorrow we have a chance to cut that number to six.

But when you look at who the top teams are and in the race every year we look like the odd man out. It would be one thing if we were like the Seahawks who've just now become a top team and have a won a SB since they became a top tier team or the Steelers who've won 2 of the last 10, the Pats who've won 3 of the last 12, the Giants who've won 2 of the last 8. Averaging a SB win every 4-5 years is pretty good for a team, being a top team and averaging 0 isn't.

But with Denver we've been a top team for the past 5+ years and yet haven't won a SB in that time and the last time we did win was 17 yeas ago.

When we were 8-8 every year with no realistic chance there wasn't much to sad about because hey at least we showed improvement or weren't a 2 win team. But when you're one of the top teams in the NFL people expect more out of you and being constantly beaten by sub-par teams compared to you in the playoffs(the Ravens, Colts,) or being demolished in the first SB you've been to since 1998(the Seahawks) you tend to get used to being disappointed and just waiting for the heartbreak to come.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But when you look at who the top teams are and in the race every year we look like the odd man out. It would be one thing if we were like the Seahawks who've just now become a top team and have a won a SB since they became a top tier team or the Steelers who've won 2 of the last 10, the Pats who've won 3 of the last 12, the Giants who've won 2 of the last 8. Averaging a SB win every 4-5 years is pretty good for a team, being a top team and averaging 0 isn't.

But with Denver we've been a top team for the past 5+ years and yet haven't won a SB in that time and the last time we did win was 17 yeas ago.

When we were 8-8 every year with no realistic chance there wasn't much to sad about because hey at least we showed improvement or weren't a 2 win team. But when you're one of the top teams in the NFL people expect more out of you and being constantly beaten by sub-par teams compared to you in the playoffs(the Ravens, Colts,) or being demolished in the first SB you've been to since 1998(the Seahawks) you tend to get used to being disappointed and just waiting for the heartbreak to come.

I don't understand why you even bother being a Broncos fan. At least you have your Rockies. LOL

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why you even bother being a Broncos fan. At least you have your Rockies. LOL

Because I love watching Football and the Broncos. I just know they're gonna disappoint every year so I don't expect much anymore or act blindsided and wonder what went wrong when things inevitably go south. I can still enjoy being a Broncos fan without getting all worked up and heartbroken when they lose.

And I don't expect the Rockies to do anything so it doesn't matter how they finish(most likely last) I'm just happy to watch them play.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how at peace you can be with things when you stop letting the outcome of a sporting event affect your happiness.

A few years ago I'd be right with most of the Broncos fans here, now I've accepted things are gonna be what they're gonna be and I'm much better off.

I'm happy if they win but I'm not crushed if they lose.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy the pregame.Denver.....because it pains me.to say that the fucking panthers can't lose this game

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunset in Santa Clara is 538 PST. Pretty much means about 3 quarters of the game will be played in daylight.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
="Duffman, post: 7963352, member: 8777"]It's amazing how at peace you can be with things when you stop letting the outcome of a sporting event affect your happiness.

A few years ago I'd be right with most of the Broncos fans here, now I've accepted things are gonna be what they're gonna be and I'm much better off.

I'm happy if they win but I'm not crushed if they lose.

I stopped doing that 5 years ago and it really has helped

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos win in another scripted SB game. Peyton rides off in the sunset with his ring and HOF lock intact.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos win in another scripted SB game. Peyton rides off in the sunset with his ring and HOF lock intact.

Good lord. Hope you wore your tinfoil hat when you wrote that.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just by the sheer fact the Panthers have a run game and won't be throwing it 56 times should show they won't get to Cam as much. I mean Cam has 2 games all year where he threw it more than 40 times and that was in the 2 shoot out games. I don't think anybody expects if the Broncos are in it that this will be a shoot out.

Now while I do think the Panthers OL is a lot better than the Patriots they also run a very different system. They are more predicated on stretching the defense out with longer developing plays. Brady and the Patriots were more on the get rid of the ball in under 2 seconds from the snap. The Broncos took that away and made Brady hold onto the ball longer allowing the pass rush to get home. They won't have to worry as much about the short passing game against the Panthers. So the question becomes can they hold up for that 3-4 seconds needed for those deep plays to develop?
I think the Bronco's rush is more containment then rush like it was against Brady. For many reasons mentioned; Cam harder to get down a missed tackle can become a huge play, the Den D has more time to get there because Cam wants tge play to develop, Stewart better than anything NE had. They'll still get some pressure/sacks but I'm not expexcting it to look anything like the AFCCG.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone start a game thread already?

CamSutton237

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Peyton! Please don't get blown out lol please