• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial superbowl 50 pregame thread

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A whole week of why the world hates cam.for being black....yeah!!

And does old.man Manning and the broncos even stand a chance to win?

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I do not think the Cam haters hate him because he is black. They hate him because he does not conform to how most people think a top flight QB should play and act. Additionally they do not see this type of QB anywhere on the horizon for their team. I truly do not think it is a race issue.

Of course the Broncos have a legitimate shot at winning. Their Defense is unrelenting, they have a decent ground game and excellent receivers. Mentally, Peyton is tops. Physically he seems to be a liability. Who knows, maybe the two weeks off continue to help him.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cam didn't want to talk about race issues then he shouldn't have brought them up. I don't know how he can say this on Wednesday: "I’m an African-American quarterback that may scare a lot of people because they haven’t seen nothing that they can compare me to." And then two days later say: "I never intended it to become a race thing". Really? How does that work when he specifically brought race into it??

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think the Cam haters hate him because he is black. They hate him because he does not conform to how most people think a top flight QB should play and act. Additionally they do not see this type of QB anywhere on the horizon for their team. I truly do not think it is a race issue.

Of course the Broncos have a legitimate shot at winning. Their Defense is unrelenting, they have a decent ground game and excellent receivers. Mentally, Peyton is tops. Physically he seems to be a liability. Who knows, maybe the two weeks off continue to help him.

Exactly.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been building up to SB L by watching the 1/2 hour bits the NFL Network has on of the previous 49 SBs.

I just finished watching SB XX. And I have to say that if they played all those Super Bowls under the current catch rules, many of those games would look different.

Back then, 2 hands on the ball, 2 feet down was all it took. You could get hammered right away and drop it and it was a fumble. No defenseless receiver, no completing the process of the catch and becoming a runner, etc.

Very clearly cut.

And there have been a lot of #2 receivers over the years, but my money goes on Stallworth as the best of the #2s. Even over John Taylor.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to it...

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cam didn't want to talk about race issues then he shouldn't have brought them up. I don't know how he can say this on Wednesday: "I’m an African-American quarterback that may scare a lot of people because they haven’t seen nothing that they can compare me to." And then two days later say: "I never intended it to become a race thing". Really? How does that work when he specifically brought race into it??
He is doing damage control.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not a fan that so much of the media has turned the Panthers into the race issue. Same with Rivera and the question he got about being of Spanish origin. It just seems like the more we actually talk about race the worst it actually gets. He is a coach and Cam is a QB. It should stop at that.

As for the Cam hate to me it is overblown. I've seen some Seahawks fans on here a little salty about his behavior and a few others but otherwise I don't think anybody really cares. I always tell the students I help coach that if you are looking to an athlete to be your role model then you are looking in the wrong place. There are plenty of other people in the world that will do a much better job of modeling what a great life looks like. Just enjoy athletes for what they do and that is entertain us as fans.

Now the actual game I honestly have no clue what to expect. As a Bronco fan none of us have any clue which Peyton we are getting. He has had some of his best games after having a week off this season so it makes me hopeful that he can show up in a big way. At the same time it wouldn't surprise me if he has a multiple interception game. To me the key for the Broncos is not falling behind early. Can't let the Panthers do what they have done so far this post season of getting up by 17 or more points right off the bat and having to fight back. Puts too much pressure on the defense and makes it too easy to know what the offense has to do. If the score at the end of the 1st quarter has the broncos down by 3 or less points then I will like our chances much much more.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not a fan that so much of the media has turned the Panthers into the race issue. Same with Rivera and the question he got about being of Spanish origin. It just seems like the more we actually talk about race the worst it actually gets. He is a coach and Cam is a QB. It should stop at that.

As for the Cam hate to me it is overblown. I've seen some Seahawks fans on here a little salty about his behavior and a few others but otherwise I don't think anybody really cares. I always tell the students I help coach that if you are looking to an athlete to be your role model then you are looking in the wrong place. There are plenty of other people in the world that will do a much better job of modeling what a great life looks like. Just enjoy athletes for what they do and that is entertain us as fans.

Now the actual game I honestly have no clue what to expect. As a Bronco fan none of us have any clue which Peyton we are getting. He has had some of his best games after having a week off this season so it makes me hopeful that he can show up in a big way. At the same time it wouldn't surprise me if he has a multiple interception game. To me the key for the Broncos is not falling behind early. Can't let the Panthers do what they have done so far this post season of getting up by 17 or more points right off the bat and having to fight back. Puts too much pressure on the defense and makes it too easy to know what the offense has to do. If the score at the end of the 1st quarter has the broncos down by 3 or less points then I will like our chances much much more.

I agree 100%. If Manning has to press it, that's where mistakes could happen. If the Bronco's can keep it close and Manning can pick his spots, they have a great chance.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where da snack tray?!?!

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the broncos d hit cam as much as Brady or will he just out runthe rush.....

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You got Ware coming from the right, Miller coming from the left, and Wolfe coming from the middle. Which way does Cam run to outrun the rush? I have no doubt Newton will get away a couple of times, but overall that Denver pass rush is pretty snaky and tough to deal with. I believe the whole key to Denver's SB chances lie with those three players getting massive amounts of pressure on Newton.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there have been a lot of #2 receivers over the years, but my money goes on Stallworth as the best of the #2s. Even over John Taylor.
Max McGee... Even with a hangover he was the star of the first SB.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is immobile but Cam is built like a LB and can run like a deer.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got Ware coming from the right, Miller coming from the left, and Wolfe coming from the middle. Which way does Cam run to outrun the rush? I have no doubt Newton will get away a couple of times, but overall that Denver pass rush is pretty snaky and tough to deal with. I believe the whole key to Denver's SB chances lie with those three players getting massive amounts of pressure on Newton.

To me more so than will they or won't they hit them it boils down to can they get him down. Cam has shown an incredible ability this year to shed would be tacklers and if you make one guy miss usually it is open field ahead. The Broncos must tackle well this week as they will have a ton of one-on-one opportunities. If they tackle well then I think they can contain the Panthers offense pretty well. They can't win those one-on-one battles though and it could be a long day for this defense and team.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me more so than will they or won't they hit them it boils down to can they get him down. Cam has shown an incredible ability this year to shed would be tacklers and if you make one guy miss usually it is open field ahead. The Broncos must tackle well this week as they will have a ton of one-on-one opportunities. If they tackle well then I think they can contain the Panthers offense pretty well. They can't win those one-on-one battles though and it could be a long day for this defense and team.

True, they need to be effective when they do get their hands on Newton and not allow him to escape. But if those three can really pressure Newton, and Harris and Talib can cover Olsen and Ginn (really their only two real passing threats) they can make life very difficult for Cam. Of course the same can be said for pressuring Manning too, and the Panthers have a team that can do that, but Manning has been doing this a long, long time and I think he'll be smart enough to deal with the Panther pass rushers by getting the ball out very fast. Dink and dunk will be the key for Manning.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3

There is a pretty sizable difference between The Pat's Oline and the Panther's. I do expect Cam to take some hits because he likes to let plays develop downfield, but I do not expect hit to take the hits that Brady did.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a pretty sizable difference between The Pat's Oline and the Panther's. I do expect Cam to take some hits because he likes to let plays develop downfield, but I do not expect hit to take the hits that Brady did.

Just by the sheer fact the Panthers have a run game and won't be throwing it 56 times should show they won't get to Cam as much. I mean Cam has 2 games all year where he threw it more than 40 times and that was in the 2 shoot out games. I don't think anybody expects if the Broncos are in it that this will be a shoot out.

Now while I do think the Panthers OL is a lot better than the Patriots they also run a very different system. They are more predicated on stretching the defense out with longer developing plays. Brady and the Patriots were more on the get rid of the ball in under 2 seconds from the snap. The Broncos took that away and made Brady hold onto the ball longer allowing the pass rush to get home. They won't have to worry as much about the short passing game against the Panthers. So the question becomes can they hold up for that 3-4 seconds needed for those deep plays to develop?

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Self-aggrandizing is never attractive. It becomes notably objectionable when done by a successful person making 7+figures/year who simultaneously claims to be the victim of others' poor-mouthing.

"You hate me 'cause I'm black..."

No. Now, quit deflecting, fucktard.