• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welcome to the Hoop. :clap:

If you have BTN, check out tomorrow's 8pm #22 Iowa @ #4 Wisconsin game. If you don't have BTN, hang out here...plenty of Hawks & Badger fans will be posting "oh yeahs" and "fuck that shits" to keep folks updated.

thanks man. I have BTN, and will definitely be watching it. gonna enjoy as much B10 bball as i can this year, even if it means having to watch that pathetic OSU offense try to put the round ball into that cylinder thing that is 10 feet from the floor. b10 is gonna be a bloodbath all year. it's also starting to look like that's gonna be the same for P12, which is exciting because I don't want to roll through the conference season untested.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Iowa has made lots of improvements to their shooting since New Years Eve. They got lucky that Nebraska sucks in the clutch. Wisconsin won't be so nice tomorrow.

Iowa's OOC has been pretty tough and played the tough teams pretty good. Of course they have the nobody teams.

They did beat Xavier (who is 12-3), UTEP (not as impressive but went on to lose by 4 to Kansas after losing by 36 to Iowa), and beat Notre Dame in a defenseless game (98-93, ND beat Duke today).

Iowa lost in OT to Villanova 88-83 (after Nova won by 4 to KU in regulation, Nova's only loss so far is to Syracuse), and lost by 3 to Iowa State at Hilton (Iowa State is still undefeated).

If Iowa survives the B1G alright and stay healthy, I can see Sweet 16 or Elite 8.

It's going to be an interesting game tonight. This is the most athletic team of the Bo Ryan era, but if we(UW, sorry) try to get out and run with Iowa, otherwise it's going to be a long night at the Kohl. \

Iowa is going to be an interesting test for this team. When Bronson Koenig is on the floor, I hope he understands how to control the game and doesn't try to run with the Hawkeyes. I'm also interested to see how Nigel Hayes handles this game, Hayes has been such a dominant force down low.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa has more talent and are playing better than they have in a decade, but they haven't really shown me anything yet. We couldn't close out Iowa St on the road (game we should have won) and we didn't close out 'Nova when leading by 15 pts in the second half.

Today would be a HUGE win if we could somehow pull it off. Gonna need to hit out FTs, shoot a high percentage from the field and get rebounds. It's gonna take a great effort to win this.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be an interesting game tonight. This is the most athletic team of the Bo Ryan era, but if we(UW, sorry) try to get out and run with Iowa, otherwise it's going to be a long night at the Kohl. \

Iowa is going to be an interesting test for this team. When Bronson Koenig is on the floor, I hope he understands how to control the game and doesn't try to run with the Hawkeyes. I'm also interested to see how Nigel Hayes handles this game, Hayes has been such a dominant force down low.

BO is fairly adamant in sticking to his reputation of utilizing the entire shot clock unless the run and gun is simply crushing the opponent then he might implement this method. I believe with our athleticism, and shooters we can run with the best of them when we need to but since we don't need to you won't see it to often. I'll enjoy being one of the most efficient offenses with the occasional fast breaks. Honestly I've seen more Alley oop dunks this season than I have over the last decade and a half of watching Badgers b-ball.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BO is fairly adamant in sticking to his reputation of utilizing the entire shot clock unless the run and gun is simply crushing the opponent then he might implement this method. I believe with our athleticism, and shooters we can run with the best of them when we need to but since we don't need to you won't see it to often. I'll enjoy being one of the most efficient offenses with the occasional fast breaks. Honestly I've seen more Alley oop dunks this season than I have over the last decade and a half of watching Badgers b-ball.

I agree with that. Sometimes a young guard can be lured into playing a little out of control, and that's my primary concern with Koenig, although I know he's immensely talented.

Sam Dekker is going to be a tough cover. I'm interested to see who Iowa has defending him. Like you've said I've seen more alley oops since I've been watching Badger basketball(late 90's for me, too young to really remember anything before them). This is a fun Badger team to watch.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnisota is unconscious from 3 right now. Crushing purdouche.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnisota is unconscious from 3 right now. Crushing purdouche.

Best we have shot the 3 all year. Guess it balanced out from last game when we couldn't hit anything.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. Sometimes a young guard can be lured into playing a little out of control, and that's my primary concern with Koenig, although I know he's immensely talented.

Sam Dekker is going to be a tough cover. I'm interested to see who Iowa has defending him. Like you've said I've seen more alley oops since I've been watching Badger basketball(late 90's for me, too young to really remember anything before them). This is a fun Badger team to watch.

I started watching in 99 during the final four run. I was in the YABA bowling championships at the time and firmly believe it helped me place 3rd in the country (handicap) because the games took my mind of bowling and not worry about a previous poor shot.

Koenig is already progressing. I can empathize with him as a player from Junior high I would lead the fast breaks but in HS it was 100% about defense and making the most of our possessions thus leaded to me having to win the starting role later in the season and not beginning the season. If there is one weakness with koenig it would be his lack of experience in this system. He possess excellent court vision, beautiful shot (best of any PG we've ever had), the ball appears to be an extension of his body with above average defense but can be taken advantage of sometimes. Even though we have a shot to go deep this year I am already pondering about next season with our only lost player could be Ben if Decker decides to stay one more year (he will IMO since his father seems to promote education and tradition and he needs to fill out a little more). Have you heard of any freshmen additions for next year?

I doubt there were many more seasons pre-1998 with many alley-oops with the exception of a few season with Jermichael Finley.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best we have shot the 3 all year. Guess it balanced out from last game when we couldn't hit anything.

Nice way to bounce back. That Purdue team is not garbage.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice way to bounce back. That Purdue team is not garbage.

Yeah it was a must win game. Can't start out 0-2 in conf especially with both games at home. We were in control most the game until about the final 5 minutes or so. Only 8 more wins to reach 9 which should give us a berth.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch the game but it seems that Illinois was completely overmatched against the Badgers.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That gopher loss vs Michigan was huge.

The Hollins boys did not show up. Gophers are trying to fight for 5/6th and needed a home win vs Michigan.

Instead they are 2-1 with at MSU, OSU, at Iowa and Wisco looming. O my.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch the game but it seems that Illinois was completely overmatched against the Badgers.

Illinois was a 2 man show and the Badgers are 7-8 deep. This is the largest margin of victory for the Badgers vs a ranked opponent since 1999 and the most points since 1994.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We better start rebounding better....

Other than that, great game.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has played much better recently after a terrible start to the season..

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game and all I can say is, this Illinois team is supposed to be good defensively? It isn't like Wisconsin was unconscious from the field. The looks they were getting were really good looks. As for Illinois, they just don't have anyone outside of Rice and Bertrand that can assert themselves on the offensive end. Either that or Rice tried way too hard. 21 field goal attempts is an absurd amount for 1 player in a 40 minute game, especially when he didn't play the last 3 minutes or so of the game.

I'm really happy with the way the Badgers played, but they need to do a much better job on te defensive glass.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
95 Points? Really? What the hell has gotten into that team?

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's games:

Mich @ Neb
NW @ Iowa

Hawkeyes should get back on track tonight and ready to head to Columbus Sunday to play a most likely, pissed off OSU team.