• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
95 Points? Really? What the hell has gotten into that team?

Same old ball movement, discipline, locking down on D, combined with improvement at the line, and having more than just one or two guys that can carry the team at any given moment (more like 4-5 guys with 2 more that can also score in double figures). They still have one weakness and that's rebounding. That's been offset by holding opponents to an extremely low FG% and them shooting at a high FG%.

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
95 Points? Really? What the hell has gotten into that team?

It's pretty simple. They players that are seeing the floor are more talented on the offensive end. In years past, Wisconsin would have a hard time recruiting players like Dekker, Koenig, Hayes, Jackson, etc. It seems like Wisconsin is starting to land some gems with their recruits.

I'll admit, Wisconsin isn't as good as it used to be on the defensive end and on the defensive glass, but the guys that are seeing the floor are all guys who shoot and attack the basket pretty well. Their offense is really fun to watch, just from an efficiency standpoint.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty simple. They players that are seeing the floor are more talented on the offensive end. In years past, Wisconsin would have a hard time recruiting players like Dekker, Koenig, Hayes, Jackson, etc. It seems like Wisconsin is starting to land some gems with their recruits.

I'll admit, Wisconsin isn't as good as it used to be on the defensive end and on the defensive glass, but the guys that are seeing the floor are all guys who shoot and attack the basket pretty well. Their offense is really fun to watch, just from an efficiency standpoint.

I mean, to be fair, Wisconsin's had team with better offensive efficiency numbers (weren't we #1 in 2011?). The difference is that this team moves faster. Brust, Gasser, and Dekker all aren't afraid to take it to the hoop early in the shot clock, which was missing in the past. And we move the ball down the court faster because we only usually have one big guy to worry about (Kaminsky, who is pretty fast for a 7 footer) instead of two slower guys like Berggren and Evans or Nankivil.

The biggest difference is having Dekker. He's big enough and athletic enough to function like a power forward, but he can dribble and move like a guard. It's also huge to have a guard who can rebound like Brust. When you can get 5 tough rebounds per game from a guard, that's a four or five point swing.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games this weekened

Minnesota @ Michigan State
Indiana @ Penn State
Nebraska @ Purdue
Illinois @ Northwestern
Iowa @ OSU

- Who ya got?? Ill take MSU, PSU, Nebraska, NW, OSU

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One upset, three mehs and a signature road win...

Indiana @ Penn State
Nebraska @ Purdue
Illinois @ Northwestern
Iowa @ OSU

- Who ya got?? Ill take MSU, PSU, Nebraska, NW, OSU

MN, IU, PU, ILL and UI...s'gonna be a funky weekend. I picked OSU in another thread, but think the Hawkeyes will surprise. MSU seems ripe for another letdown at home (I won't be torching the couch if it happens.)

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MN, IU, PU, ILL and UI...s'gonna be a funky weekend. I picked OSU in another thread, but think the Hawkeyes will surprise. MSU seems ripe for another letdown at home (I won't be torching the couch if it happens.)

LOL, we took the exact opposite teams.... Thats weird.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't believe Iowa winning against OSU would be much of a surprise. They are the worst team of the three Iowa has lost to in the last moments of the game. I believe they have learned there lesson of the past and will finally close out a game.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that it's a rebuilding season, but we're getting blown out by penn st, this is too much.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games this weekened

Indiana @ Penn State
Nebraska @ Purdue
Illinois @ Northwestern
Iowa @ OSU

Indiana @ Penn State
Nebraska @ Purdue
Illinois @ Northwestern
Iowa @ OSU (just hoping we can get it done here)

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that it's a rebuilding season, but we're getting blown out by penn st, this is too much.

I honestly think Indiana might be the 11th best team in the B10 right now...

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hoosiers have the lead now, but it's still a dogfight. These are the games that get ignored now, but at the end of the year you realize were the deciding factor of whether you made the tourney. They have to pull this one out.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see if the Wolverines will be ranked next week after eeking out a win on the road against Nebraska... 5 in a row since the bad start..

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that felt good. Faced a ton of adversity on the road and pulled it out.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see if the Wolverines will be ranked next week after eeking out a win on the road against Nebraska... 5 in a row since the bad start..

IDK they might, but they have had a easy 4 games to start(penn state game being the 4th Tuesday). Got the Hollins combo on a night both were clearly hammered.

But if Michigan can win 1 or dare I say two of the Wisco, Iowa, MSU gauntlet. Then they become a top 4 contender again.

I said a few weeks ago not to write them off as a top 4 team. They are positioning themselves with a chance.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't be top 4 in the polls with all three wins.. Those 4 losses did too much damage earlier in the year, but they will be a top 10 team and yes a final four contender.. Well possibly... Who knows with Beilein..