• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't think of the other. I know Ohio State(best win NDSU), Iowa(Xavier) and Minnesota(Florida State) don't.

Iowa is the other. ESPN has Xavier in the top 25. Just checked realtime and they have X at 30 so maybe it was a trick question.... LOL

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa is the other. ESPN has Xavier in the top 25. Just checked realtime and they have X at 30 so maybe it was a trick question.... LOL

lol. I didn't think Xavier was on realtime. That is where I go for RPI purposes. They have played much better since the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament though. They've been playing great since then with some quality wins(3 wins vs. top 100) That'll end up being a top 50 by seasons end, I would think.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Badgers conference officially beings on Sunday against Iowa. Fran McCaffery seems to have a solid plan against Wisconsin, but this is the most talented team of the Bo Ryan era. Nigel Hayes is a legit contender for B1G Freshman of the Year.

Jarrod Uthoff's return to the Kohl Center should be interesting. probably a bit tempered with the students gone for break, and the Packer game having a lot of people's interest.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lunardi currently has the B1G seeding as such:

Wisconsin (1)
Ohio State (1)
Michigan State (2)
Iowa (6)
Michigan (8)
Minnesota (10)
Illinois (11)

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lunardi currently has the B1G seeding as such:

Wisconsin (1)
Ohio State (1)
Michigan State (2)
Iowa (6)
Michigan (8)
Minnesota (10)
Illinois (11)

Looks pretty accurate for right now. Years end Ill say:

Wisconsin 1 seed
Ohio State 2 seed
Iowa 3 seed
MSU 3 seed
Michigan 9 seed
Minnesota 10 seed
Indiana 11 seed
Illinois First 4

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wisconsin 1 seed
Ohio State 2 seed
Iowa 3 seed
MSU 3 seed
Michigan 9 seed
Minnesota 10 seed
Indiana 11 seed
Illinois First 4

I think Illinois has a much better chance of getting a bid than Indiana. Also I don't think the Gophers will make it in the end. If we can't beat a depleted Michigan team at home, we aren't going to win the 9 games needed to get a bid.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Illinois has a much better chance of getting a bid than Indiana. Also I don't think the Gophers will make it in the end. If we can't beat a depleted Michigan team at home, we aren't going to win the 9 games needed to get a bid.

Id agree with most of that as of right now. I just think Indiana has more room for growth and improvement than the Illini do. Not sold on either of them as a sure fire tourney team. I think Minnesota can get to 9 if stuff breaks right but they will need to get a few wins vs the top half of the league to do it. Of course if they do that will greatly enhance their chances as an at large.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wisconsin 1 seed
Ohio State 2 seed
Iowa 3 seed
MSU 3 seed
Michigan 9 seed
Minnesota 10 seed
Indiana 11 seed
Illinois First 4

That looks pretty good. I might switch Indiana and Illinois. The Illini just took down the mighty Hoosiers (flying under the radar because of inexperience, imo) albeit a close one in Champaign. Considering they are the two youngest teams in the conference I'm not expecting too much. They do have talent and good coaching so maybe an upset or two in conference and tourney play (Michigan will have problems with both) I also wouldn't be surprised if Purdue upsets someone along the way.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That looks pretty good. I might switch Indiana and Illinois. The Illini just took down the mighty Hoosiers (flying under the radar because of inexperience, imo) albeit a close one in Champaign. Considering they are the two youngest teams in the conference I'm not expecting too much. They do have talent and good coaching so maybe an upset or two in conference and tourney play (Michigan will have problems with both) I also wouldn't be surprised if Purdue upsets someone along the way.

I think if Purdue will if AJ Hammons can dominate like he did early on against Ohio State. If he's not a dominant player than I don't think Purdue has a very good year.

I agree with you about switching Indiana and Illinois. Tom Crean isn't a very good coach, and he got where he is because of Dwayne Wade, and now Cody Zeller. I don't think Indiana gets much better, because I'm not sure he can help all of those young talented players continue to grow.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give it to the IU fanbase. They're cheering like they have a shot here.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give it to the IU fanbase. They're cheering like they have a shot here.

Students are still on break. I hate how they have great games over break.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God this team suckssssss

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illini ballers making a case for being real this season. Nice to see that program's long-overdue resurrection.

#3 Buckeyes looked really good today.
#5 Sparty looked really good today.
Should be a really good game in E.Lansing on Tuesday.

:suds:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Iowa has made lots of improvements to their shooting since New Years Eve. They got lucky that Nebraska sucks in the clutch. Wisconsin won't be so nice tomorrow.

Iowa's OOC has been pretty tough and played the tough teams pretty good. Of course they have the nobody teams.

They did beat Xavier (who is 12-3), UTEP (not as impressive but went on to lose by 4 to Kansas after losing by 36 to Iowa), and beat Notre Dame in a defenseless game (98-93, ND beat Duke today).

Iowa lost in OT to Villanova 88-83 (after Nova won by 4 to KU in regulation, Nova's only loss so far is to Syracuse), and lost by 3 to Iowa State at Hilton (Iowa State is still undefeated).

If Iowa survives the B1G alright and stay healthy, I can see Sweet 16 or Elite 8.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Iowa has made lots of improvements to their shooting since New Years Eve. They got lucky that Nebraska sucks in the clutch. Wisconsin won't be so nice tomorrow.

Iowa's OOC has been pretty tough and played the tough teams pretty good. Of course they have the nobody teams.

They did beat Xavier (who is 12-3), UTEP (not as impressive but went on to lose by 4 to Kansas after losing by 36 to Iowa), and beat Notre Dame in a defenseless game (98-93, ND beat Duke today).

Iowa lost in OT to Villanova 88-83 (after Nova won by 4 to KU in regulation, Nova's only loss so far is to Syracuse), and lost by 3 to Iowa State at Hilton (Iowa State is still undefeated).

If Iowa survives the B1G alright and stay healthy, I can see Sweet 16 or Elite 8.

your problem is that you are comparing Iowa performances vs teams to how those teams played other teams....you really can't do that, every game is so different in CBB that trying to figure out a team's merit based on those things usually ends up giving you a false impression of what they are. the eye test is the only thing that matters, and since i have yet to see iowa play i can't say whether they pass it yet. BUT i watched them last year so I am assuming they have improved and i thought they had the pieces to be very good this year. i look forward to seeing them play the other big boys in the B10, that regular season is going to be killer this year

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your problem is that you are comparing Iowa performances vs teams to how those teams played other teams....you really can't do that, every game is so different in CBB that trying to figure out a team's merit based on those things usually ends up giving you a false impression of what they are. the eye test is the only thing that matters, and since i have yet to see iowa play i can't say whether they pass it yet. BUT i watched them last year so I am assuming they have improved and i thought they had the pieces to be very good this year. i look forward to seeing them play the other big boys in the B10, that regular season is going to be killer this year

welcome to the Hoop. :clap:

If you have BTN, check out tomorrow's 8pm #22 Iowa @ #4 Wisconsin game. If you don't have BTN, hang out here...plenty of Hawks & Badger fans will be posting "oh yeahs" and "fuck that shits" to keep folks updated.