• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T'Official 2016 - 2017 NFL thread

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ridiculous that this signing is being held up ... the Ravens should sign Kaep for sure ... his old oc and the brother of his old coach and biggest cheerleader are right there to make sure it works at least short term as a replacement for Mr Elite QB :L

/theory floating around that the Seahawks didnt sign Kaep not because of high salary demands or not wanting to pay a second stringer that much money ... it goes back to not ruffling feathers re Russell Wilson ... not necessarily that Kaep would take RWils job ... but that Seahawks players would like Kaep better than RWil as a person/teammate and Schneider was afraid of the diva show that would ensue... yikes lol

I guess Gdd Boy, Magic Juice Wilson wasn't one of the ones praying for Kaep to sign. :trash:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins have interest in Jay Cutler - Just because he needs to go through the Nutrisystem program like Dan Marino did doesn't mean he will become Dan Marino.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting aside what they gave up for Watkins (until the next sentence), these deals are OK.

They gave up WAAAY too much for Watkins. No ifs, ands, or buts about that. Different GM though and the new guy isn't holding out for fear that it will make him look bad to cut bait on Watkins. He's stock piling picks for next year (currently 2 in each of the first 3 rounds).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting aside what they gave up for Watkins (until the next sentence), these deals are OK.

They gave up WAAAY too much for Watkins. No ifs, ands, or buts about that. Different GM though and the new guy isn't holding out for fear that it will make him look bad to cut bait on Watkins. He's stock piling picks for next year (currently 2 in each of the first 3 rounds).
Yeah the funny part is less today's deals and more the fact Watkins was such a dumb fucking move to make and they had to cut and run so quickly. Even worse when they could've had Khalil Mack at that pick, or even Mike Evans if they were set on a WR.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the funny part is less today's deals and more the fact Watkins was such a dumb fucking move to make and they had to cut and run so quickly. Even worse when they could've had Khalil Mack at that pick, or even Mike Evans if they were set on a WR.
Or Odell Beckham. Or Derek Carr (granted, he went a lot later). Or Taylor Lewin or Zach Martin for the O-line. :L:gaah::drink:

Watkins was a terrible trade-up. Worst top 5 trade-up this decade outside of RGIII.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming soon:

Dak Prescott seen at airport with AK-47 and 3 dozen hotdogs strapped to his chest
Jerry Jones says he's not concerned

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the Zeke suspension. Charges were withdrawn, the only witness stated publically that she was pressured to fabricate events by his ex gf…what exactly is he being punished for? Being accused of assault by a nutcase?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the Zeke suspension. Charges were withdrawn, the only witness stated publically that she was pressured to fabricate events by his ex gf…what exactly is he being punished for? Being accused of assault by a nutcase?

I'm thinking they must know something we don't otherwise how do they justify this? Will any potential domestic violence cases get the hammer after the Ray Rice debacle?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm thinking they must know something we don't otherwise how do they justify this? Will any potential domestic violence cases get the hammer after the Ray Rice debacle?

I think there must be something they know as well. I also think that, even though they deny it, it's a cumulative thing with Zeke.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever the reason there should be more transparency in the appeal process. If the player appeals then he should be worried that details will emerge. Similarly the NFL should have to open up their evidence if this was just some arbitrary decision.

As I used to tell students when I was marking papers and they complained about their mark: Everybody makes mistakes from time to time and I'm happy to re-mark your work. However, don't be surprised if your mark goes down after I look at it again. All but one retracted their complaints. The lone exception was indeed right. I had given them a slightly lower grade than they deserved.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think there must be something they know as well. I also think that, even though they deny it, it's a cumulative thing with Zeke.

I heard a cowboys reporter on in the cesspool and could have sworn she said the NFL may have video of the incident ??? whointhewhatnow???

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a cowboys reporter on in the cesspool and could have sworn she said the NFL may have video of the incident ??? whointhewhatnow???
Its all part of the NFL's new body camera program.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone really be all that surprised if the NFL had a bigger team of lawyers and investigators than the city of Columbus?

And the NFL also doesn't have the same legal burdens, so they can use video that's perhaps less substantiated or obtained from sources that may make it inadmissible in a legal case.