• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Wizards thread

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad

Please delete if necessary. I thought we had a sticky thread on this?

The Washington wizards board is not active. Thought I would bring a thread here.

2023-2024 season thoughts and questions by Duke.

How many wins? What is progress?
Is Poole a PG or SG for us?
Does Kuzma step up and lead?
Do we extend Avdija?
What do we expect out of Coulibaly?
Do the ex warriors grow and develop: Rollins and Baldwin Jr.
What is the direction of the team?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad

The Washington wizards board is not active. Thought I would bring a thread here.

Do we extend Avdija?
Duke, no offense but the Wizards have to earn back fan respectability. The way Ted and Tommy (now gone) have run the organization the past 20 years is unacceptable. They don't deserve to be discussed imo and especially not here. I also do not like the current coach Unseld, Jr.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another middling 30 win season.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wizards havent been consistently good since Unseld was playing. I mean, sure, the Gilbert Arenas, Wall, Beal years were mildly entertaining, as werw the juwan howard years, but they were never a threat to win it all.

They’re the Jeff Ruland of the NBA.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke, no offense but the Wizards have to earn back fan respectability. The way Ted and Tommy (now gone) have run the organization the past 20 years is unacceptable. They don't deserve to be discussed imo and especially not here. I also do not like the current coach Unseld, Jr.
Skinsdad had a Wizards thread but it is gone now. It is hist decision to keep or delete.

Ok, I can respect that. I was NOT a fan of Ernie or Tommy.

The past 20 years were unacceptable and I agree. Personally, I believe the Wizards have been more successful over the past 20 years AND are headed in a better direction than the Commanders at this point. IMO, the Wizards are doing more to win the fans back than the Commanders.

Wizards (20 years)
7 winning seasons
9 playoff appearances
4 playoff series wins

Redskins/WFT/Commanders (20 years)
5 winning seasons
5 playoff appearances
1 playoff win

According to the numbers, the Wizards have been a better team in that 20 year span right?

Ted just gutted the front office and brought in some MAJOR talent. Here are the big 3.

President: Michael Winger: Cavs, Thunder (Assistant GM), Clippers (GM)
Team VP: Travis Schlenk: Warriors (Assistant GM), Hawks (President)
GM: Will Dawkins: Thunder (Assistant GM)

Note that they all came from winning organizations that either: excel at drafting, signing free agents, or developing a consistent winner.

The Thunder are one of the best drafting teams in the NBA
The Warriors are the model franchise and best team in the NBA over the past 10 years
The Hawks/Clippers are generally competitive and draft well and develop their players

To me, Ted hit a GRAND SLAM and this front office has my trust. I loved their offseason and believe they will build something special. I am more optimistic and excited about the Wizards future right now than the Commanders. Why, the front offices are polar opposites. Rivera is in year 4 of being a GM and has Hurney who was awful in CAR. Mayhew was the GM in DET....Do you consider CAR and DET models of winning?

Sorry, but I believe the Wizards outlook is very bright and they will be relevant in at least 3 years. I have no clue about the Commanders because Rivera is still in charge. Once he is gone, my outlook will drastically change. Right now, I am more a fan of the Wizards than the Commanders because I believe in Harris but he hasn't been able to do much right now and probably won't until the end of the season obviously.

Ted made these changes. Just my opinion.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have dumped Beal a couple of years and injuries ago. They might have been able to get something for him.

Hiring Brooks because they thought that would get them Durant was foolish.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't rooted for them since about 79 when a neighborhood friend was assistant trainer to John Lally.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have dumped Beal a couple of years and injuries ago. They might have been able to get something for him.

Hiring Brooks because they thought that would get them Durant was foolish.

Giving him the NtC bit them in the ass

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving him the NtC bit them in the ass
They had to have better offers than what the Suns gave them. Still two or three years ago teams were lining up for him. I know my Lakers were.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad

Do we extend Avdija?

Poole shouldn’t sniff pg with jokes and Wright there

Although both could be trade bait as playoff teams always look for a better backup pg

I’m not a Kuz fan. I think that’s a brutal deal and like Portland with grant, you should trade him asap

I’m curious what a deni deal looks like

I love coulibay. Love him. Didn’t think he’d actually go that high but he’s got that upside. I expect some defensive freak highlights and some head scratching offense day 1. But he had more upside than basically anyone else at that spot. A very okc like pick

I was a big Rollins fan calling out of the draft. He’s a guy who can force the issue to trade one of the vets

Baldwin is a sub par athlete, which limits his ceiling, but he’s supposed to be a good shooter, but in college his team was so bad he got 7 open shots…all season. He’s strictly a spot up player with good size. But his lack of athleticism will hold him back ti a certain extent. But he can be a solid role player.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had to have better offers than what the Suns gave them. Still two or three years ago teams were lining up for him. I know my Lakers were.

But he could veto trades to anyone. He wanted to be in Phoenix or Miami. And Miami had no interest until dame cleared up.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They waited too long to trade him. The no grade clause was awful.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poole shouldn’t sniff pg with jokes and Wright there

Although both could be trade bait as playoff teams always look for a better backup pg

I’m not a Kuz fan. I think that’s a brutal deal and like Portland with grant, you should trade him asap

I’m curious what a deni deal looks like

I love coulibay. Love him. Didn’t think he’d actually go that high but he’s got that upside. I expect some defensive freak highlights and some head scratching offense day 1. But he had more upside than basically anyone else at that spot. A very okc like pick

I was a big Rollins fan calling out of the draft. He’s a guy who can force the issue to trade one of the vets

Baldwin is a sub par athlete, which limits his ceiling, but he’s supposed to be a good shooter, but in college his team was so bad he got 7 open shots…all season. He’s strictly a spot up player with good size. But his lack of athleticism will hold him back ti a certain extent. But he can be a solid role player.
I would like the wizards to trade for kuminga from GS.
The kuzma deal is not awful compared to what several other players got.
I can see him going at the deadline.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They waited too long to trade him. The no grade clause was awful.

Plus when they made them beal trade I don’t believe it was even clear that aggregating salaries was going to be allowed for this year

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like the wizards to trade for kuminga from GS.
The kuzma deal is not awful compared to what several other players got.
I can see him going at the deadline.

He was paid like the 3rd or 4th best player on a title team, and that is not really him

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus when they made them beal trade I don’t believe it was even clear that aggregating salaries was going to be allowed for this year
No trade clause...sorry

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't rooted for them since about 79 when a neighborhood friend was assistant trainer to John Lally.
They were fun. I used go to the Cap Centre when they had Mugsy and Gugliotta. Of course the Webber and Howard days were interesting.

The last real team they had was when Pierce called game.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was paid like the 3rd or 4th best player on a title team, and that is not really him
Yeah, you guys stole Kuzma from us. Wasted two of LeBrons years with that trade.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that they had to show effort at some position. Kuz and Poole actually make the same as beal...almost.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he could veto trades to anyone. He wanted to be in Phoenix or Miami. And Miami had no interest until dame cleared up.
I see, but still his value had declined so much he became a bad contract more than anything else.