• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TKO's 2015 Money League Team

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing my DH, I'd have to cycle through 2nd catchers (Ianetta-ish), or DH Eligible (not much....Nunez, Delmon, Joyce)

...but September? Yikes!

Or is Victor back and this is not worth thinking about?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made a few deals (shocking I know), but I'll spare you the details. In 1st. Wondering about a trade. I need your thoughts.

Remember, real DH league. And UT spot must be multi-position eligible.

My roster

C - Grandal
1B - Goldy
2B - Kendrick
3B - Arenado
SS - Tulowitzki
MI - Kang
CI - Machado
OF - Pollock
OF - Melky
OF - Fowler
OF - Morse (might drop for Victorino)
DH - Victor
UT - Hunter

Bench: Miggy

Pitchers not relevant or worthy of talking about.

Question: Is Stanton worth obtaining? Do you think he comes back strong in mid-August, comes back slow in mid-August or gets delayed until September?

I was offered Stanton, Moose and Coghlan for Victor, Hunter and Machado.

I rejected. Not moving Manny, and this would sever my DH...

But is it worth it without Machado?

I was thinking of offering Hunter, Victor and Kang for Stanton, Deshields and Lowrie. I'd be screwed for six weeks but potentially deadly in the playoffs with three of the top six picks.

Help!

@Chef99 , @MilkSpiller22 , @Yellow Fuzzies , @TREFF , @Microwahevo , @Reverend Jim

And everybody else!
Bro, that's a pretty nasty lineup. Maybe a smaller deal instead? I'd take a shot at moving Kang for DeShields or something like that, I think.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I backed down from that. Thinking too much.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade deadline is over.
I moved Hunter (and Cody Anderson) for DeShields and Lowrie.
I moved Leake for Buchholz (took a chance).

So I'm left with a very solid set of 13 hitters (when Miggy and Lowrie get back) ...and a crapshoot of two starters and low end arms.

Grandal
Goldy
Kendrick
Arenado
Tulowitzki
Suarez (added him, nice matchups coming up this week.... waiting on Lowrie)
Machado
DeShields
Melky
Fowler
Pollock
Victor
Kang

Miggy and Lowrie on the bench.

Buchholz, Brian Johnson, Martin Perez, Beachy, Cain, Niese, Dickey, Robbie Ray, Velasquez, Bettis.

A's and Mariners' pens.

As you see, most of my arms are interchangeable so I'll try and have as many two starters every week that I can.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GAD DOMMIT CARSON SMITH!!!!!!

I was inches from starting Rodney this week over Smith (Sat - Fri). What the he'll happened? Hit a wall? PHUCK!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GAD DOMMIT CARSON SMITH!!!!!!

I was inches from starting Rodney this week over Smith (Sat - Fri). What the he'll happened? Hit a wall? PHUCK!

He's been getting rocked a bit lately. Still the future (and present?) closer, but he's in a rough patch for sure.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been getting rocked a bit lately. Still the future (and present?) closer, but he's in a rough patch for sure.

McLendon was talking about Smith's possible over usage. Rodney struck out the side last night. If he really was tipping his pitches, I can see them switching back to him.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight is the final night of our regular season. I'm tied for first at 28-10 (we play two games per week). I'm definitely getting the split this week at least with a chance of sweeping two. So does my co-leader. In third place, sits the points leader (he has me by 33), but I'm leading him this week ...by 2. I have three starters going (Dickey, Gausman and Iglesias), he has three going (Harvey, Jungmann and Erasmo).

Tight races.

I need Berrios and Glasnow to get called up, as I've traded my pitching for hitting this year.

To the playoffs!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guaranteed the 1 vs 2 game next week either way. Winner gets a bye into the semis. Loser plays the winner of 7 vs 8 (loser of 7/8 is eliminated)

3, 4, 5 and 6 have byes next week... then we pick up 2/7, 3/6, 4/5 the next week,and so on.

Points leader after tonight gets entry money back.

So the races still count.

By the way, my co-leader's staff is Sale, Max, Hamels, Lester and Price. Luckily for me, next week he only has two starts for one of them ...Lester. At least there's that.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Semi's started today... and Tulo, now locked in for the week, collides with Pillar and is out. Great. Grand. Wonderful. Couldn't have happened last night?

Anyway... here we go. I've dumped Grandal and Kendrick. I'm sick over my Miggy trade as Cespedes has been alien-like, and Cano is at least good again...but I digress.

C - Conger... decided to see if he can hot some lefties this week. Grandal has really screwed me.
1B - Goldy... hoping he started to get hot last night.
2B - Baez... grabbed him a few weeks ago, good timing as I was rotating garbage since Kendrick went down.
3B - Arenado... what a monster! Don't let me down now!
SS - Tulo... dammit!!!!
MI - Kang... doing enough despite idiotic playing time given to Mercer.
CI - Machado... hasn't had a great finish to a great season, how 'bout two good weeks Manny?
OF - Pollock... not a sleeper anymore, enter sandman!
OF - Melky... kind of slumping, could use a few good games here.
OF - Fowler... stay hot kid!
OF - Raburn... facing four LHP this week, dropped DeShields
DH - Miggy... not only is Cespedes crushing, but Miggy is mushing. C'mon Mig, need ya!
UT - Turner... picked him up when he got hurt (and dropped a few weeks ago)... could have plugged him at SS and had VMart here.

Bench... VMart, Souza... plan on starting Souza in the Championship over Raburn, if I get there.

And that's a big if, because this is my rag tag bunch of 2-starters, giving me 10 to my opponents 7.

Doubront
Davies
Elias
Cody Anderson
Williams Perez

I'm serious! Traded the arms I had and aside from a few guys who helped me hold the lead (Iglesias, Severino, Ross), I've been throwing darts at 2-starters all August/September.

2nd place team (best staff) and the guy I traded Cespedes to (points winner, because I didn't start Swihart two weeks ago instead of Grandal), are playing the other semi.

I'm playing the 6th place team (upset winner last week with two Felix starts, only ones me this week though!)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gad dommit Miggy.... 0-9 in the double header? Yer killing me!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay... I'm down by 8 going into tonight (last night of semis). I have four starts, he has none, so I should be able to pull this out. (No thanks to Miggy! C'mon man!)...and lost Tulo after his first at bat this week!

Next week is the championship. (19th - 25th). Lost Kang (who had four games in Colorado next week). Picked up Pennington, Dietrich and Jaso.

@tlance - lead me to a three peat!

C - Jaso (like TB's matchups and parks)
1B - Goldy
2B - Baez or Dietrich
3B - Arenado
SS - Pennington
MI - Turner
CI - Machado (hate, hate, hate his matchups but what do ya do)
OF - Fowler
OF - Pollock
OF - Melky
OF - Gutierrez (3 LHP) or Souza (love the parks) or DeShields (my #4 most of the year)
DH - Miggy (batting .330 on the year but .200 in September?? c'mon man!)
UT - Victor (must be multi-positional, so no OF here, but Victor seems to be in a mini warm streak)

Anyone else chime in too, just wanted to get T's attention for obvious reasons. :)

....first, it's getting the W tonight though...:hope:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, made it.

Championship begins in two hours!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm getting blasted! Down by 55, tonight and tomorrow to go. No chance. Lost Turner on Saturday (finally back tonight), Miggy out with a sore back. Arenado missed a game. And my opponent with the awesome staff, gets a second Lester start that wasn't projected but the day off had me worried from the get go.

I really think a healthy lineup would have given me a chance. Oh well, no three-peat, can't be too upset I guess.