• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can this team make a move?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 Team, Points
Currently tied for 9th at 8-10 (looking at 9-11 this week)

Bell has killed me. Had high hopes for him this year. Made some big trades, but nothing panning out yet. I need cohesiveness.

C - Flowers (been streaming)
1B - Bell (gotta get going kid)
2B - Altuve
3B - Sano (DH eligible, need a power surge)
SS - Machado
MI - Pinder (been streaming, but could settle in here for a while)
CI - Villanueva
OF - Springer
OF - Gardner (yes, I made that deal for Marte)
OF - Bruce (along with Darvish in Marte deal)
OF - Bradley (waiver wire claim, hoping for a boom cycle)
DH - Victor Mart (have Sano and Mancini if he keeps slumping)
UT - Mancini (must be multi position eligible here... have Colin Moran available)

Bench: Jorge Polanco, Eloy Jimenez, Colin Moran

SP (5) - usually stream as many 2-start options as possible...just got Bum back though.
Bumgarner
Darvish
Rodon
Wacha
Weaver
Ross
Duffy
Marco Gonzales
Fiers (2 starts upcoming streamer)

RP (2) - Hou and Mia bullpens are mine. Can start any two from those teams. Finally, Ziegler out of the picture!
Barraclough
Giles (concerning)

Basically, I know I need arms, as winning the 2-start sweepstakes hasnt been happening. But I traded all my arms to get bats. A month before our deadline. I'm thinking of going all in and dealing Bum too. Bum/Bell for Godly type offer.

Thoughts?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even in a 15 team league, your rotation is a bit bad... You can thank that to Darvish, Rodon and Weaver under performing... not to mention having Bummy on the DL all season until now...

But leagues that are this deep, you can play matchups pretty good for pitching... as long as you have depth... But you are definitely behind the 8 ball in your pitching... which means you better have a great offense..

at this point you have Machado, ALtuve, Sano and Springer... but not much more after that... so you have too many holes offensively to compensate for your pitching.... But then again this is a points league, so you don't need to compensate for anything...

Didn't notice it was a points league when I started this post, and I am in the mood to complicate my post instead of starting over... - problem with points league is that it overvalues pitching and power... and like I said earlier, your pitching is pretty damn bad...

so....

Is this a keeper league?? and if so what are the rules... if it is a redraft, then just enjoy the ride... you aint competing...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redraft.

First four picks were Thor, Bum, Darvish and Archer. Moved Archer and change for Springer. Darvish and change (Mazara, Healy) for Machado. Traded Thor and change for Altuve. Then got Darvish back with Gardner and Bruce for Marte.

Points aren't lopsided like our Fantrax leagues.

So, you're telling me there's a chance!

Yeah, I screwed this pooch in the draft.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redraft.

First four picks were Thor, Bum, Darvish and Archer. Moved Archer and change for Springer. Darvish and change (Mazara, Healy) for Machado. Traded Thor and change for Altuve. Then got Darvish back with Gardner and Bruce for Marte.

Points aren't lopsided like our Fantrax leagues.

So, you're telling me there's a chance!

Yeah, I screwed this pooch in the draft.

Nothing worse than having one of those seasons. I think your best off trading Machado,Altuve and bummy and just getting a team with no holes. And see what happens. You might improve.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing worse than having one of those seasons. I think your best off trading Machado,Altuve and bummy and just getting a team with no holes. And see what happens. You might improve.

Traded Machado for Kershaw.

Got an offer today...
My Altuve, Springer...for his...Lester, Solarte, Cutch and Marte.

I traded Diaz and Archer to get Springer and Villaneuva early. Traded Quintana, Thor, Anderson and Kinsler to get Altuve and change.

Originally drafted Cutch and Marte. Used Marte to get Darvish and Bruce, swapped Darvish to get Anderson back, grabbed Winker for Bruce.

OF now... Gardner, Winker, Renfroe and Springer.

Marte = Springer more or less, so Cutch, Lester and Solarte for Altuve? (replacing Winker/Renfroe and SP streamer)

I'm back and forth, leaning no. Not sure if I trust Lester in the second half.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traded Machado for Kershaw.

Got an offer today...
My Altuve, Springer...for his...Lester, Solarte, Cutch and Marte.

I traded Diaz and Archer to get Springer and Villaneuva early. Traded Quintana, Thor, Anderson and Kinsler to get Altuve and change.

Originally drafted Cutch and Marte. Used Marte to get Darvish and Bruce, swapped Darvish to get Anderson back, grabbed Winker for Bruce.

OF now... Gardner, Winker, Renfroe and Springer.

Marte = Springer more or less, so Cutch, Lester and Solarte for Altuve? (replacing Winker/Renfroe and SP streamer)

I'm back and forth, leaning no. Not sure if I trust Lester in the second half.

I don't think lester is enough to give up the best 2 players in the trade.... you should definitely overpay for a SP... but that seems way too high...

see if he would do springer for Lester straight up... or if he WANTS he can send you Solarte...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I traded Houston Bullpen and Ross for KC pen and Belt last week. I kept guessing wrong anyway, might as well get a nice piece for a flailing Ross.