• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Titans Jurrell Casey Becomes First Player to Protest During Anthem Despite New Rules

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keep doubling the fine each time
I would love to see an exponential fine in a league. Then, someone calls their bluff and ends up owing 7.8 trillion dollars.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could but you most likely would be terminated.

They should be too....I too have lost a great deal of interest in the game because of these ungrateful low life's.…. I hope they all get cut and I wouldn't care who the player is or how much he means to the team winning...I'd rather lose than to win with an anti American....

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, that's their call as a team to do this but I bet we see players protest it.

Personally I just wish this stupid story would die already.
Agree everything just a big loop now. people will complain that they cant get away with protesting at work. But we don't have stadiums full of people paying to watch us work.Without the players the product falls apart. The more people talk the more they protest. Just don't televise the national anthem. I haven't seen protests in college football. Hell the NHL has two national anthems they don't televise. Truth is everyone talking about it every time theres a protest just provides an audience.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be too....I too have lost a great deal of interest in the game because of these ungrateful low life's.…. I hope they all get cut and I wouldn't care who the player is or how much he means to the team winning...I'd rather lose than to win with an anti American....
You are a great American... :salute:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define succeeding.
Whether people like it or not fans play to see the players. And I don't buy the people aren't watching like GNG claims. If they want to fine the player. The players. The players aren't happy which could eventually lead to players jumping ship. XFL would be an option. Its the only way I could see the XFL succeeding imo. Then again it makes no sense for the NFL not to just do the easiest thing. And not air the national anthem like college football.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether people like it or not fans play to see the players. And I don't buy the people aren't watching like GNG claims. If they want to fine the player. The players. The players aren't happy which could eventually lead to players jumping ship. XFL would be an option. Its the only way I could see the XFL succeeding imo. Then again it makes no sense for the NFL not to just do the easiest thing. And not air the national anthem like college football.
NFL ratings are going down at an alarming rate and this is a fact.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL ratings are going down at an alarming rate and this is a fact.
Says the guy who said he would stop watching but........

You can "protest" but it won't do anything. By constantly discussing it instead of letting it die down. You are only prolonging it. The smartest thing to do would be go back to not airing the anthem. And stop talking about it. Otherwise the only thing you are accomplishing. Is giving the players protesting a platform. By giving them the attention you are actually supporting their cause. Rather than ignoring it and cutting it out of the equation which doesn't give them the free press.....

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who said he would stop watching but........

You can "protest" but it won't do anything. By constantly discussing it instead of letting it die down. You are only prolonging it. The smartest thing to do would be go back to not airing the anthem. And stop talking about it. Otherwise the only thing you are accomplishing. Is giving the players protesting a platform. By giving them the attention you are actually supporting their cause. Rather than ignoring it and cutting it out of the equation which doesn't give them the free press.....
Yes I have stopped watching until they show some respect and stand for the flag. I have better things to do then spend my money on these ungrateful athletes.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I have stopped watching until they show some respect and stand for the flag. I have better things to do then spend my money on these ungrateful athletes.
Thank you for continuing to post about the protests and continuing to support the players cause.....Free publicity