• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to Tank?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick uses his words very carefully.

He didn't say "Start from scratch" , he said "Start over".

That generally means, "Let's do the same thing only do it better"

The roster is pretty much set. The Patriots as a team are what is there. The problem is that the level of quality is very low and all of the practice, repetitive play walk throughs and other fixes cannot make below average talent into superstars. One of the biggest or most lacking talents is speed. This team connot keep up with fast opponents. Trying to compete against the Cowboys, Eagles and Dolphins exhausts this team by halftime.

How do you fix that in 2024? You can't completely trash the team, but you can start moving in a different direction. Start by having a coaching staff that can recognize talent that has more than marginal speed. Start by having a scouting staff and listening to them. This team has lost no less than fifteen scouts over the past seven years. They quit when their contracts are up because they waste their efforts. The perfect example was Bill totally ignoring his main WR scout. The guy gave him all of the facts and begged Bill to take DK Metcalf. Bill said, "Too much muscle to be a WR in this league." The scout quit. N'Keal Harry is whatever Bill saw as the big, fast reliable WR.

As far as 2023 goes, what we see is what we'll get. This team has a lot of broken toys. Toys R Us is outta business.
This is one of the fastest squads we've had that I can recall.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that his 1 quarter of preseason play has been the highlight of the entire season for the Patriots. Mac is done. Looks it physically and mentally. Zappe is a turd. Belichick wants to “start over”…. Give Malik a chance.
Come on, Zappe looks like he could be a flag football legend.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that his 1 quarter of preseason play has been the highlight of the entire season for the Patriots. Mac is done. Looks it physically and mentally. Zappe is a turd. Belichick wants to “start over”…. Give Malik a chance.
Get your guitar out, change a few lyrics.... then we can all join in with you. I'll do the washboard part.

"All we are saying..... is give Malik a chance"

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Not sure what happened. He made much better decisions year 1.

As for tanking... I'm all in.

I don't put all the blame on BB though. I think most of us thought we had a pretty decent squad going into the season. D was top notch until Judon and Gonzo went down. They were getting better each week against tough competition.
The O line most of us said would be a problem. That's the major problem with this club. Enough about the Oline.
All the teams know Mac can't get the ball downfield. So they're stacking the box. No lanes to run and taking away the short crossing lanes. At the start of the season minus some awful turnovers the WRs and TEs were open over the middle. Now there is nowhere to go with the ball.

So is Mac the problem as well? I have to say he's certainly a big part of it.

Tank and find a QB, fix the Oline and pay for a proven WR that can take the top off. The D and STs will be fine.

Oh and hire a GM. I'm done with BBs bullshit.
Biggest problem seems to be getting the team ready and inspired to play. Sure, the players are mid-tier and the O line is porous, but the amount of mistakes, penalties, turnovers early in games has this team completely off balance. That’s on the coaches IMO. They come out completely unprepared, dig themselves into a huge hole, and then pretend they can come back with Mac heroics, which he cannot do.

Lately, they don’t even try to establish a run game. They come out with Mac throwing the ball all over the place except to the receiver, and quite frankly he sucks as a passer.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest problem seems to be getting the team ready and inspired to play. Sure, the players are mid-tier and the O line is porous, but the amount of mistakes, penalties, turnovers early in games has this team completely off balance. That’s on the coaches IMO. They come out completely unprepared, dig themselves into a huge hole, and then pretend they can come back with Mac heroics, which he cannot do.

Lately, they don’t even try to establish a run game. They come out with Mac throwing the ball all over the place except to the receiver, and quite frankly he sucks as a passer.
Half of the team isn't in full participation at practices. You play like you practice. If starters are not full participants, then they just aren't prepared to react in a real game situation.

What ever happened to the old "You don't practice, you don't play." Rule??

That was a rule in concrete even at the Pop Warner level.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confident that the Pat's won't appear to throw the next two games

Their doomed I tells ya

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently we would draft at 6? Sol Alt and OT from PSU would be gone, Harrison would be gone. If that's the case or if one of them fall I assume the top two QBs would be gone. Anyone beside me like McCarthy our of Michigan/

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently we would draft at 6? Sol Alt and OT from PSU would be gone, Harrison would be gone. If that's the case or if one of them fall I assume the top two QBs would be gone. Anyone beside me like McCarthy our of Michigan/
He is smaller than I like but the kid is a baller.
My son is super stoked and hope the pats take him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is smaller than I like but the kid is a baller.
My son is super stoked and hope the pats take him.
Yeah I like him. But is he the type QB that can lead todays style of play or is a slightly better Mac Jones?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I like him. But is he the type QB that can lead todays style of play or is a slightly better Mac Jones?
I really think he's a make things happen kind of kid.

I also think he has more arm strength and downfield accuracy combined with velocity than Mac.

I just had to google him, Wiki has him at 6'3" @ 200 lbs. I was thinking he was 6'0".