• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to Tank?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was more my question. I think at this point BB may not be thinking about, but at least somewhere in the back of his mind is his legacy. Will he voluntarily walk away this close to being all time winningest coach? Will he walk away with it looking like he can't win without Brady? You have to think (at least I would have to think) that Bill freaking Belichick had earned the right to coach as long as he wants and walk away when he's ready, right? There's no chance they ask him to step away when they want to completely rebuild around draft pick QB right? But even if they don't ask him to step away, does he want to stick around knowing it might be another couple seasons like this until he breaks that record?
His legacy will go downhill from here on.
There is no way he is catching bitch Schula in wins. He needs to retire with dignity, if there is any left. Just bow down and git the hell out of dodge.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t believe how quickly it all fell apart. Tear it down the rest of the way, get a legit QB and start over again(Drew Bledsoe-style). We are back in the early-90’s again. It can be reversed quickly if they make some good moves. But the QB position MUST be fixed first.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we actually do get a top 3 pick, I’d say draft Caleb Williams or Drake Maye. They look the part of very good QB’s. If we can’t get either of them then go best O-lineman available.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it be a sign if Belichick leaves the team with a 2 win record as it was when he started?

What a mess. Talking heads can stop with the excuses please.

lupin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should tank, it’s the easy call. The whole team just isn’t good, there’s no quick fix. Don’t worry about the QB, we really need 2-3 years of top picks to build a foundation. If we’re not #1 one of those years, take a guy with the tools.

I’d relieve Bill of GM duties as soon as we see someone we like. It shouldn’t be on his plate to dismantle the team for someone else. GM is what matters, and we’re actually in the nice position of being able to replace Bill without firing him since he’d still be coach.

It’s going to be an ugly few years but with enough patience this team can contend again.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tank LMAO. "Hey professional athletes, how do you all feel about losing on purpose so we can potentially hire your replacement "? "Geee coach, that sounds like a great idea"!

Exactly. That isn’t happening. A lot/most players do have pride. Do we think Mac is going to lay down so we can draft Maye?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. That isn’t happening. A lot/most players do have pride. Do we think Mac is going to lay down so we can draft Maye?
Mac has been placed in a tough spot. Three OCs in three years a crappy online no legit number 1 WR. Should he be playing better? Maybe, while it's time to consider his future I don't feel he is the majority of the problem.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no chance they ask him to step away when they want to completely rebuild around draft pick QB right? But even if they don't ask him to step away, does he want to stick around knowing it might be another couple seasons like this until he breaks that record?
He got his draft pick QB when Mac Jones fell to him three years ago.

Shula 328
Halas 318
Belichick 299
Reid 251

At the rate that BB is going, Andy Reid will get to Shula before him. The reality o it is that BB needs 30 wins to get beyond Shula. 29 to tie.

He'll be lucky to get three more this year. In 2024 he might be able to get 8 or 9. In all honesty, it looks like it will take him at least five more years.
That's if everything falls completely into place. Bill has not been heading in the right direction and he's not going to change. Hopefully he takes Shula's spot, but not in New England.

Robert Kraft is in his 80's now. he's a slip and fall in the shower or on a piece of ice to handing the team to Johnathan. Johnathan has wanted a new coach for the past couple of years. It's not what you did. It's what you're doing and where you appear to be going.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was more my question. I think at this point BB may not be thinking about, but at least somewhere in the back of his mind is his legacy. Will he voluntarily walk away this close to being all time winningest coach? Will he walk away with it looking like he can't win without Brady? You have to think (at least I would have to think) that Bill freaking Belichick had earned the right to coach as long as he wants and walk away when he's ready, right? There's no chance they ask him to step away when they want to completely rebuild around draft pick QB right? But even if they don't ask him to step away, does he want to stick around knowing it might be another couple seasons like this until he breaks that record?
Keep in mind, this is a business first and nobody is owed anything if they underperform/ BB wanted to get rid of Brady back like 8 years ago and keep Jimmy G who only lasted 6 Q's here before he was injured. At that time Pats had gone to 5 SB's and won 3. Kraft put his foot down and Pats went to 4 more SB's and won 3, so Kraft is the reason for the 6 Lombardi's not BB's legacy. Like already mentioned in here, he brought your great ex-coach and one of his best friends Matt Patricia to run the offense with Judge who was horrible in NY and both were defensive. He raved about Cam Newton and how good he was, cuts him, drafts Mac who has a decent first season, but like already mentioned 3 OCs in 3 seasons and drafts horribly in the offensive weapons dept and sucked even worse in FA, paying over 200mill for bums except for Judon who is on D.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac has been placed in a tough spot. Three OCs in three years a crappy online no legit number 1 WR. Should he be playing better? Maybe, while it's time to consider his future I don't feel he is the majority of the problem.
I agree with about 95%. Mac's problem is that he doesn't have that "inner" determination that you see in a Mahomes, Hurts or Purdy that compels them to exceed when everything around them is collapsing. Mac collapses with everything. Part of it is that he doesn't have the physical tools to help himself. He can't take off and run. IMO, he has a questionable arm for power and accuracy. He is what he is. When had three of the best college WRs and the best college OL, he was unbeatable because he didn't have to do anything but throw the ball up for grabs.

Without the surrounding studs, he a muffin.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind, this is a business first and nobody is owed anything if they underperform/ BB wanted to get rid of Brady back like 8 years ago and keep Jimmy G who only lasted 6 Q's here before he was injured. At that time Pats had gone to 5 SB's and won 3. Kraft put his foot down and Pats went to 4 more SB's and won 3, so Kraft is the reason for the 6 Lombardi's not BB's legacy. Like already mentioned in here, he brought your great ex-coach and one of his best friends Matt Patricia to run the offense with Judge who was horrible in NY and both were defensive. He raved about Cam Newton and how good he was, cuts him, drafts Mac who has a decent first season, but like already mentioned 3 OCs in 3 seasons and drafts horribly in the offensive weapons dept and sucked even worse in FA, paying over 200mill for bums except for Judon who is on D.
8 years ago Brady was 38. There are a lot who (at the time, not knowing Brady's longevity) thought that was a sound option. Everyone holding a breakout stock claims to be a genius though most hold by a coin flip chance.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with about 95%. Mac's problem is that he doesn't have that "inner" determination that you see in a Mahomes, Hurts or Purdy that compels them to exceed when everything around them is collapsing. Mac collapses with everything. Part of it is that he doesn't have the physical tools to help himself. He can't take off and run. IMO, he has a questionable arm for power and accuracy. He is what he is. When had three of the best college WRs and the best college OL, he was unbeatable because he didn't have to do anything but throw the ball up for grabs.

Without the surrounding studs, he a muffin.
I worked with teenagers at church. Some of them "troubled"
You never know what they have inside them until they are given a "proper" chance.
You don't know him enough to make that judgement about him.
I don't blame you for being frustrated and piling on Mac but calling him a "muffin" rubs me the wrong way.
Remember Jim Plunkett?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Jim Plunkett?
If you're going to play football, you must find that "ting" within yourself that forces you to work harder, push yourself and fight against everything that tries to keep you down. Plunkett was challenged from the very beginning and constantly fought the demons. He finally beat them back.

I thnk mac has had things his way for so long, he doesn't have that "punch you in the mouth" attitude. He seems to have more of a "poor me" sttitude.

Dak Prescott saw nthings last year like taking 2.9 seconds to read and release. He worked all off season getting that number down to 2.4. He was looking at his first option for 1.3 seconds. He's worked that down to .8. Measurable deficiencies that can be overcome by recognizing and then working to fix them. Mac is Mac. He expected the OL to be better and it's not. He didn't do anything to 'better' himself, even it the OL was 100% better.

He's at last 50% of the problem with the offense because he controls almost 100% of it. Brady would have all of his WRs and TEs stay in the dome after practice and work with everyone on every pass route. We all know that Brady was a completely different animal. Mac supposedly is first in and last out. It doesn't do any good at all if he's alone.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to play football, you must find that "ting" within yourself that forces you to work harder, push yourself and fight against everything that tries to keep you down. Plunkett was challenged from the very beginning and constantly fought the demons. He finally beat them back.

I thnk mac has had things his way for so long, he doesn't have that "punch you in the mouth" attitude. He seems to have more of a "poor me" sttitude.

Dak Prescott saw nthings last year like taking 2.9 seconds to read and release. He worked all off season getting that number down to 2.4. He was looking at his first option for 1.3 seconds. He's worked that down to .8. Measurable deficiencies that can be overcome by recognizing and then working to fix them. Mac is Mac. He expected the OL to be better and it's not. He didn't do anything to 'better' himself, even it the OL was 100% better.

He's at last 50% of the problem with the offense because he controls almost 100% of it. Brady would have all of his WRs and TEs stay in the dome after practice and work with everyone on every pass route. We all know that Brady was a completely different animal. Mac supposedly is first in and last out. It doesn't do any good at all if he's alone.
Plunket DID NOT have a personality that thrived under pressure. That's it. I'm not saying he couldn't handle pressure in the pocket on a particular play. He couldn't take the pressure of "being the guy" on a lousy team. He couldn't do it in New England, then again in San Fran. On the Raiders he was the backup. When Wilson got hurt Plunkett didn't have the same type of pressure and clearly thrived. Both of his Super Bowl runs were that way yet he wasn't elevated to clear starter.

Mac seems more like a guy starting a gang fight only to look around and see his team is way behind his instead of along side him. His competitiveness unfortunately oozes out as "dirty tactics". Note - I'm not sold on her as an answer, I just don't see him as a turtle retreating into his shell.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plunket DID NOT have a personality that thrived under pressure. That's it. I'm not saying he couldn't handle pressure in the pocket on a particular play. He couldn't take the pressure of "being the guy" on a lousy team. He couldn't do it in New England, then again in San Fran. On the Raiders he was the backup. When Wilson got hurt Plunkett didn't have the same type of pressure and clearly thrived. Both of his Super Bowl runs were that way yet he wasn't elevated to clear starter.

Mac seems more like a guy starting a gang fight only to look around and see his team is way behind his instead of along side him. His competitiveness unfortunately oozes out as "dirty tactics". Note - I'm not sold on her as an answer, I just don't see him as a turtle retreating into his shell.
Like I said. Throughout his football life other outstanding players surrounded him
That leaves the question, "Was he ever really that good?"

When any player has to play for himself, his talents and abilities come through.

Mac has never had to dig out those traits and since he's been in New England, circumstances require that he must find them and utilize them. That is, IF he has them.

It's similar, not the same as combat. When under extreme pressure, you find something inside you that makes you overcome all of your doubts, fears and uncertainties. You dig it out and fight back with a fury and cold bloodedness that you never, ever imagined you had within yourself. Once you find it, you never will let it go. Mac has never had to reach down for that player within him. Like combat. YOU will find it. Or die.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, he's been doing it since 2019.

He had alot of pieces and made his first mistake. Cam Newton. He enevr should have brought that guy to Foxboro.
Then he draft Mac Jones. Everyone was on board,
Then he totally screwed the pooch in Free Agency. Instead of solidifying the OL he pissed away money on Agholor and Jonnu.
He followed up by drafting two TEs very late. Neither could block or catch/ Asiasi and Dalton.

He's continually followed the same path every year. Defense first regardless of how bad the offense is.

Seriously tank? This team is tanking seriously and they're not tanking, they are not up to NFL standards that are required to win.

Even if the Patriots get the first pick, would you want a QB? Or knowing that it's a rebuild, how about trading that pick, no lower that #8, picking up an extra 2nd or 3rd and redraft the OL? Start with the best LT, then RT, then a LG. Mafi and Owenu can fight it out for the RG spot. Got J Andrews at C. With the $132M in cap money, buy a #2 WR or two. Buy a bridge QB. Resign Stevenson and Elliot. See what Pop and Boutte can do in year two.

Get the QB in 2025. Have something that he stand behind for three or four seconds. Just make sure that he has at least a 20MM cannon hanging from his shoulder. It doesn't have to be a Howitzer.
I like it and I don't.

I know it's still early, but we're looking at a pretty high draft pick. If we go for O'line this year, which I agree is much needed, next year we are drafting QB leftovers again because our record WILL BE better. At this point we need a top pick QB.

Then spend everything else on O line and offense in general.