• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time for the Roy Williams slobberfest to end

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Big East was hands down the best hoops conference in this country for years. This isn't even worth discussing . You must be Billy Packer

How long was the Big East considered the best conference in the country?

How long has JB been at Syracuse.

Those shouldn't be tough questions for a basketball expert such as yourself.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long was the Big East considered the best basketball conference in the country? How long has JB been at Syracuse.

Your shine box.... go get it.

further , you weren't around when the Big East was born. You obviously have zero knowledge of the beginning and how quick the Big East began to dominate college basketball. You need to stop now before ya look anymore foolish

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you realize when Boeheim was hired there was no Bog East Conference? Of course you don't know that. next

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that was a pretty lousy attempt at hiding your total lack of knowledge regarding Jim Boeheim and the Big East. Let me say this again son , I remember the day he was hired , who he replaced , and the very 1st Big East Tournament and the 1st Championship Game. No honestly , please move on.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was a pretty lousy attempt at hiding your total lack of knowledge regarding Jim Boeheim and the Big East. Let me say this again son , I remember the day he was hired , who he replaced , and the very 1st Big East Tournament and the 1st Championship Game. No honestly , please move on.

Then those questions should be easy for you to answer.

But of course you won't because you know it will help prove my point.

JB racked up a gaudy W/L record against shit competition. He played shit competition in his OOC schedule for his entire fucking career, and he played shit competition in his conference, for most of his career.

And for every "oh but remember how good Georgetwon used to be!" there was just as many Seton Halls or UCFs stinking up the joint.

Dean Smith and Bob Knight both got their records by playing far better competition than Boeheim ever did. You can keep telling me what a crusty old fart you are, and how much irrelevant shit you remember, but the fact remains, Boeheim won against inferior competition.

Oh, and he sucks in the tournament. Let's not leave that out either.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then those questions should be easy for you to answer.

But of course you won't because you know it will help prove my point.

JB racked up a gaudy W/L record against shit competition. He played shit competition in his OOC schedule for his entire fucking career, and he played shit competition in his conference, for most of his career.

And for every "oh but remember how good Georgetwon used to be!" there was just as many Seton Halls or UCFs stinking up the joint.

Dean Smith and Bob Knight both got their records by playing far better competition than Boeheim ever did. You can keep telling me what a crusty old fart you are, and how much irrelevant shit you remember, but the fact remains, Boeheim won against inferior competition.

Oh, and he sucks in the tournament. Let's not leave that out either.
oh my have you exposed yourself even more. You think the Big East was nothing but Syracuse/Georgetown? Do a little research honey and tell me how many wins Boeheim has against UCF ! LMMFAO I honestly can't believe you wrote that. While you're at it why don't your brush up on some Seton Hall history. Really you need to button it. The more you write the more foolish you look.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a little bit surprising. Tourney records since 2004(first year Bill Self at KU).

Roy Williams 29-8 *three final fours, two titles, done this year
John Calipari 30-7 *three final fours, a title, still going this year
Bill Self 26-10 *two final fours, a title, done this year
Tom Izzo 23-10 *three final fours, still going this year
Coach K 24-10 *two final fours, a title, done this year
Billy Donavan 24-6 *two final fours, two titles, still going this year

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a little bit surprising. Tourney records since 2004(first year Bill Self at KU).

Roy Williams 29-8 *three final fours, two titles, done this year
John Calipari 30-7 *three final fours, a title, still going this year
Bill Self 26-10 *two final fours, a title, done this year
Tom Izzo 23-10 *three final fours, still going this year
Coach K 24-10 *two final fours, a title, done this year
Billy Donavan 24-6 *two final fours, two titles, still going this year

might want to go back to '89 - Williams started coaching KU in '88 but they were ineligible for the tourn his 1st yr. After that they went to the tourn.14 consecutive yrs and were probably "upset" every one of those yrs.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh my have you exposed yourself even more. You think the Big East was nothing but Syracuse/Georgetown? Do a little research honey and tell me how many wins Boeheim has against UCF ! LMMFAO I honestly can't believe you wrote that. While you're at it why don't your brush up on some Seton Hall history. Really you need to button it. The more you write the more foolish you look.

Of course it was more than just Cuse and Georgetown. I used them as an example, not as the whole conference dipshit. Learn to fucking read.

That's why I said for every Georgetown. That means Georgetown was being used as a representative of a larger group of good teams. Fuck, you're an ignorant asshole. I hate having to explain this shit to you.

But in case your wondering, despite having a slightly shorter career, and despite playing much better competition at both his head coaching jobs, Roy Williams has still managed to end up with a better overall winning percentage than JB, a better record in the NCAA tournament than JB, more Championships than JB, more Final Fours than JB, more Elite Eights than JB, and is ahead in pretty much any meaningful metric that you want to look at except total wins, which is no surprise as he hasn't been coaching as long.

I'm starting to think you just like Boeheim, because just like him, you're a useless fucking fossil, dwelling in the past.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
might want to go back to '89 - Williams started coaching KU in '88 but they were ineligible for the tourn his 1st yr. After that they went to the tourn.14 consecutive yrs and were probably "upset" every one of those yrs.

Not tied for that shitty distinction: Roy Williams.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it was more than just Cuse and Georgetown. I used them as an example, not as the whole conference dipshit. Learn to fucking read.

That's why I said for every Georgetown. That means Georgetown was being used as a representative of a larger group of good teams. Fuck, you're an ignorant asshole. I hate having to explain this shit to you.

But in case your wondering, despite having a slightly shorter career, and despite playing much better competition at both his head coaching jobs, Roy Williams has still managed to end up with a better overall winning percentage than JB, a better record in the NCAA tournament than JB, more Championships than JB, more Final Fours than JB, more Elite Eights than JB, and is ahead in pretty much any meaningful metric that you want to look at except total wins, which is no surprise as he hasn't been coaching as long.

I'm starting to think you just like Boeheim, because just like him, you're a useless fucking fossil, dwelling in the past.

You're still here ? Since you're obviously burning up the lines at google why don't ya do a little research about the games 'ole Roy blew in the tourn. ? His record of getting beat by inferior teams is unmatched. While you're at it ya might wanna take a look at his non conference schedule over the yrs too. How's that Seton Hall research coming along ?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're still here ? Since you're obviously burning up the lines at google why don't ya do a little research about the games 'ole Roy blew in the tourn. ? His record of getting beat by inferior teams is unmatched. While you're at it ya might wanna take a look at his non conference schedule over the yrs too. How's that Seton Hall research coming along ?

Why would I leave? Running circles around your dumb ass is too much fun!

Sure, Roy's been upset a few times. Every good coach has. But he also consistently makes it past the Sweet16, which is something that JB can't seem to do. I'm not sure if you understand how the tournament works, (you don't seem to understand much else) but in order to advance to the Final Four, and eventually the Championship, you must first make it past the Sweet16.

I'd take Roy over JB any fucking day of the week. (And I hate Roy, for the record) I'll take a guy that gets booted early occasionally, but still makes plenty of deep runs, over a guy who consistently busts in the Sweet16 and only occasionally makes a deep run. Consistency doesn't mean much if it's consistently mediocre, and that is absolutely the best way to describe JB's tournament career over years.

It's like they've brainwashed you up there to think that getting to the Sweet 16 is something to get excited about. Sure it is if you're Colgate (Sorry again, DC) but Syracuse should expect better. Fuck, you're not just content with it, you seem to think it gives you room to shit-talk other coaches.

You can point to tournament failures if you want (pretty sure JB has missed more tournaments than Ol' Roy has exited early) but tournament success is the true measure of a coach, and Roy is ahead of JB by any metric you want to use.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I leave? Running circles around your dumb ass is too much fun!

Sure, Roy's been upset a few times. Every good coach has. But he also consistently makes it past the Sweet16, which is something that JB can't seem to do. I'm not sure if you understand how the tournament works, (you don't seem to understand much else) but in order to advance to the Final Four, and eventually the Championship, you must first make it past the Sweet16.

I'd take Roy over JB any fucking day of the week. (And I hate Roy, for the record) I'll take a guy that gets booted early occasionally, but still makes plenty of deep runs, over a guy who consistently busts in the Sweet16 and only occasionally makes a deep run. Consistency doesn't mean much if it's consistently mediocre, and that is absolutely the best way to describe JB's tournament career over years.

It's like they've brainwashed you up there to think that getting to the Sweet 16 is something to get excited about. Sure it is if you're Colgate (Sorry again, DC) but Syracuse should expect better. Fuck, you're not just content with it, you seem to think it gives you room to shit-talk other coaches.

You can point to tournament failures if you want (pretty sure JB has missed more tournaments than Ol' Roy has exited early) but tournament success is the true measure of a coach, and Roy is ahead of JB by any metric you want to use.

Not wanting to join the fight, but no way would I take R Williams over JB. Gary Williams...maybe. But not Roy.

UNC has always welcomed in great recruits. Until recent...say the Dion Waiters era, most SU recuits were diamonds in the ruff with a few noted exceptions. But overall, SU got the left overs with the steady stream of 5 star recruits always picking UNC, Duke, UK and KU. Roy has had the advantage of coaching at schools with great history's. Coach JB made SU a basketball schoo and SU basketball history is all Coach Boeheim.. Roy has never turned a program into a national name.

Besides....Coach JB is local. You gotta love it when a local kid makes the nationals.

Comparing a private school like SU to UNC is not really apples to apples. But back on Roy....he's done well enough. I didn't like the thread knowing it was going to drag SU fans into a no win debate of who's dick is bigger. Well for sure UNC, Duke, UK and KU have bigger bball dicks. But not a one of them have a coach that made the program what it is today.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so your solution to helping fix the problem on offense is to take out your best offensive players and let guys who aren't as good on either side of the ball play so that you have bench guys with more experience. GOOD CALL, too bad HOFer JB didn't think of that!

Obviously you dont read to well. If they were a little deeper that would make it possible for them to press more often and get easy baskets. C.J. Fair wore down the last 10 games of the year and the numbers show that. Easy baskets would have helped this team out alot. Its not like the guys on the bench were walkons. Please get a clue.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seton hall hd some very good teams back in the day. :agree:with this.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not wanting to join the fight, but no way would I take R Williams over JB. Gary Williams...maybe. But not Roy.

UNC has always welcomed in great recruits. Until recent...say the Dion Waiters era, most SU recuits were diamonds in the ruff with a few noted exceptions. But overall, SU got the left overs with the steady stream of 5 star recruits always picking UNC, Duke, UK and KU. Roy has had the advantage of coaching at schools with great history's. Coach JB made SU a basketball schoo and SU basketball history is all Coach Boeheim.. Roy has never turned a program into a national name.

Besides....Coach JB is local. You gotta love it when a local kid makes the nationals.

Comparing a private school like SU to UNC is not really apples to apples. But back on Roy....he's done well enough. I didn't like the thread knowing it was going to drag SU fans into a no win debate of who's dick is bigger. Well for sure UNC, Duke, UK and KU have bigger bball dicks. But not a one of them have a coach that made the program what it is today.

Very good post. J.B. made Syracuse what it is today. Roy Williams walked into a pretty good situation and UNC already was known as a National Power. Dean Smith anyone?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And while its no secret I'm no fan of JB, I have a great deal of respect for him and his career. He's a HoF'er without a doubt, and he's earned that title. But I'm not going to act like he's better than he is. I agree he's done great things at Syracuse. He got 'em a National Championship. Last I checked, that's a pretty big deal. But at the end of the day, his Tournament resume isn't on par with guys like Roy. If you want to say Roy had more advantages going in, I'll buy that. But it doesn't really change the resume.

And I understand, if you'd want to keep JB over Roy. Most fans (except Great Dayne and that Spartan troll... and MikeSyr18 wherever he may be) would rather keep their current coach, than get a new one, even if the new one is a "better" coach. It's a loyalty thing. I get it. But if you asked most neutral fans, I think they'd probably pick Roy.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seton hall hd some very good teams back in the day. :agree:with this.

Sure. Seton Hall has some good squads. But we're talking about over a nearly 40 year stretch.

The Big East was for the most part a good, solid conference, but not the world-beaters that LoneDipshit wants to make them out to be. They started to gain prominence in the early '00s and by the '10s when they'd expanded to 18 teams or however many it was at the peak, they were getting a lot of teams into the dance, but I don't think they were the best conference for more than 4 or 5 years, and most of those were debatable, as the Big10, Big12 and ACC all had strong arguments as well.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would probally pick Roy just because its UNC. The powder blue jerseys and all the greats that came from there like Worthy, Jordan etc... Its people that dont have much knowledge of Syracuse basketball at all.