• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time for the Roy Williams slobberfest to end

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's give in on one thing: He's a great recruiter , always has been. Of course we recently found out he's pretty good at getting those recruits the extra academic help they need, but that's another discussion. Williams has been treated like God by the media forever , why I don't know. He's a HORRIBLE game coach and proved it again for the world over the wkend. I'm tired of him being hailed as one of the best , he clearly isn't.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And....3....2.....1.....income the Coach Boeheim is worse and prolly right rebuttals.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hi-res-f8ee7f4734650bb3777199d4460c34ff_crop_exact.jpg

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And....3....2.....1.....income the Coach Boeheim is worse and prolly right rebuttals.

yeah I would expect them soon but Williams takes the cake as the absolute worst bench coach of all the media darlings. He's one of those guys who's been given a free pass for yrs for no reason other than he loves the camera and is always available to take in the love. What he's proven is when it comes nutcracker time 'ole Roy gets crosseyed.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did Roy do wrong?

The higher seeded team won.
The lower seeded team got beat.
It was not some tainted win because of horrific coaching mistakes.

Iowa State won because they got insanely RED HOT from 3 point land late in the game.
Carolina played solid defense, but that is not always enough.

A good defense is designed to force a low percentage shot.
No defense is designed to shutout the opponent.
The best you can do is make the opposing team take low percentage shots.

But, if that team still hits them.
There is nothing a coach can do, except congratulate them.

Which is what Roy Williams did with impeccable grace and class.
His congratulations moment was the classiest moment of the entire tournament.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sick of hearing that shit. Not many coaches have done what's he done, and nobody talks about Coach K or Self with there early losses. Coach K hasn't done anything too crazy in the last decade, Boeheim hasn't done anything too crazy, Roy, Self has early losses, people only remember Donovans great two years, but all have NCs, FFs, E8s, S16s.

Your stupid if you wouldn't take these coaches on your teams. Disrespecting them makes you look like a fool. They have more accomplishments than the next 100 coaches.

When your 69 (JB), K (67 I think) whatever Roy is shit happens because you have coached forever.

*********I see most people that post this shit are of schools who maybe do something every 10 years. It's jealously, it's EASY to pick apart someone who's on top. It's not to easy to pick on someone who isn't, because nobody gives a FUCK.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's give in on one thing: He's a great recruiter , always has been. Of course we recently found out he's pretty good at getting those recruits the extra academic help they need, but that's another discussion. Williams has been treated like God by the media forever , why I don't know. He's a HORRIBLE game coach and proved it again for the world over the wkend. I'm tired of him being hailed as one of the best , he clearly isn't.

Ummm...with all due respect, what the fuck are you talking about?

Slobberfest? Last time I heard anyone talking about Roy being a great coach was... hmmmm... let me think... oh yeah, when he won his 2nd National Championship.

But since then, (and especially as of late) I haven't seen much of Ol' Roy and his co'coler in the media or any gratuitous mentions of him around here, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

But I suspect, what you're doing is pulling a "Cowherd" and simply trying to state the mind-numbingly obvious in a confrontational manner so as to look like you've made some profound discovery.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick of hearing that shit. Not many coaches have done what's he done, and nobody talks about Coach K or Self with there early losses. Coach K hasn't done anything too crazy in the last decade, Boeheim hasn't done anything too crazy, Roy, Self has early losses, people only remember Donovans great two years, but all have NCs, FFs, E8s, S16s.

Your stupid if you wouldn't take these coaches on your teams. Disrespecting them makes you look like a fool. They have more accomplishments than the next 100 coaches.

When your 69 (JB), K (67 I think) whatever Roy is shit happens because you have coached forever.

*********I see most people that post this shit are of schools who maybe do something every 10 years. It's jealously, it's EASY to pick apart someone who's on top. It's not to easy to pick on someone who isn't, because nobody gives a FUCK.

I agree with you somewhat but thats what fans do and have the right to do is criticize a coach or team. Just like you have the right with expressing your own opinion. If you are sick of it then just dont read it or listen to it. Starting 25-0 and losing to Dayton may be considered by some a good season but not by me and im sure J.B. and the team are feeling the same way. This team struggled on offense all year but yet no changes were made. I would have like to see them go deeper in the bench earlier in the year to get some guys ready to play and would have liked to see them press a little more except when they are down to get some easy baskets and speed up the game. yes J.B. is a great coach and has done alot just like Coach K, and Roy Williams but it is what have you done for me lately. Im a big J.B. guy but a 3rd round exit this year is unacceptable. I hope though J.B. coaches for a long time yet but Id like to see 1 more Championship before he is gone.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slobberfest? Last time I heard anyone talking about Roy being a great coach was... hmmmm... let me think... oh yeah, when he won his 2nd National Championship.

But since then, (and especially as of late) I haven't seen much of Ol' Roy and his co'coler in the media or any gratuitous mentions of him around here, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

But I suspect, what you're doing is pulling a "Cowherd" and simply trying to state the mind-numbingly obvious in a confrontational manner so as to look like you've made some profound discovery.

I usually dont agree with you but you are dead on. I havent heard much about Roy at all this year.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, for starters, you're wrong. People talk about Self's early losses, and K's early losses all the time. (in the context of early exits) Duke is probably the most hated program in CBB (though UK fans will argue that as they hate to be 2nd to Duke in anything) and every time they have an early exit from the tourney, the sports world has a collective karmagasm. Did you notice the "Is Coach K unfirable" thread that popped up right after the Mercer loss? I'm pretty sure I've read plenty about Self/Kansas and their early exit woes... probably because I've written about it numerous times.

Funny thing about Donovan, I think less about the back to back titles than I do the 3 consecutive trips to the Elite Eight in a row (and all were within a bucket or two of making the Final Four)

The knock on JB is two-fold. One, yeah, he has a shitpile of wins, but that isn't hard to do when you schedule Colgate, and Long Island Community College & 1 Hour Martenizing every year. Yes there were a few years where the "BEast" provided them with several challenging games" but for the most part, all those wins came from a creampuff OOC schedule and a mediocre conference. Did he win a lot of games? Yeah, but did he win against the same type of competition that Coach K did? Bob Knight? Dean Smith? fuck no, he didn't. His win total is impressive regardless of the competition, but let's not act like that alone puts him in the same level as Dean Smith or Bobby Knight.

Well, I guess that depends on what you consider doing "something." Because that's the 2nd knock on Boeheim. I'd consider "something" to be making a Final Four or at least an Elite Eight every once in a while. You may want to go back and reevaluate just how much Boeheim is done over his long career and get the fuck off your high horse, because when you really look at it objectively, Boehime seems to do something worth a shit in the tournament about once every 10 years.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you somewhat but thats what fans do and have the right to do is criticize a coach or team. Just like you have the right with expressing your own opinion. If you are sick of it then just dont read it or listen to it. Starting 25-0 and losing to Dayton may be considered by some a good season but not by me and im sure J.B. and the team are feeling the same way. This team struggled on offense all year but yet no changes were made. I would have like to see them go deeper in the bench earlier in the year to get some guys ready to play and would have liked to see them press a little more except when they are down to get some easy baskets and speed up the game. yes J.B. is a great coach and has done alot just like Coach K, and Roy Williams but it is what have you done for me lately. Im a big J.B. guy but a 3rd round exit this year is unacceptable. I hope though J.B. coaches for a long time yet but Id like to see 1 more Championship before he is gone.

so your solution to helping fix the problem on offense is to take out your best offensive players and let guys who aren't as good on either side of the ball play so that you have bench guys with more experience. GOOD CALL, too bad HOFer JB didn't think of that!

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The knock on JB is two-fold. One, yeah, he has a shitpile of wins, but that isn't hard to do when you schedule Colgate, and Long Island Community College & 1 Hour Martenizing every year. Yes there were a few years where the "BEast" provided them with several challenging games" but for the most part, all those wins came from a creampuff OOC schedule and a mediocre conference. Did he win a lot of games? Yeah, but did he win against the same type of competition that Coach K did? Bob Knight? Dean Smith? fuck no, he didn't. His win total is impressive regardless of the competition, but let's not act like that alone puts him in the same level as Dean Smith or Bobby Knight.

Low blow, man! We shot over 40% from 3 this year! Patriot League domination starts this year whoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Roy had his timeout left after the game ended as usual.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if you realized Williams has been coaching for a while you may know what I mean. Then again you don't know any of this so why would I expect you to add something worthwhile to the discussion ? BTW he won his 1st Nat'l Championship w/someone else's team , but you wouldn't know that

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The knock on JB is two-fold. One, yeah, he has a shitpile of wins, but that isn't hard to do when you schedule Colgate, and Long Island Community College & 1 Hour Martenizing every year. Yes there were a few years where the "BEast" provided them with several challenging games" but for the most part, all those wins came from a creampuff OOC schedule and a mediocre conference. Did he win a lot of games? Yeah, but did he win against the same type of competition that Coach K did? Bob Knight? Dean Smith? fuck no, he didn't. His win total is impressive regardless of the competition, but let's not act like that alone puts him in the same level as Dean Smith or Bobby Knight

Laughable. Would this be the Big East that was universally recognized as the absolute best basketball conference in the country ? That's what I thought. BTW Dean Smith was no Bobby Knight so let's clarify that right now.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughable. Would this be the Big East that was universally recognized as the absolute best basketball conference in the country ? That's what I thought. BTW Dean Smith was no Bobby Knight so let's clarify that right now.

How long was the Big East considered the best basketball conference in the country? How long has JB been at Syracuse.

Your shine box.... go get it.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually dont agree with you but you are dead on. I havent heard much about Roy at all this year.

this isn't about this yr. This is about Roy Williams and the non stop ass kissing everytime he walks in a room. This has been going on since day 1 at Kansas - if you see that trolly mcdouche bag let him know that Roy was a coach before UNC. Trolly doesn't know that

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long was the Big East considered the best basketball conference in the country? How long has JB been at Syracuse.

Your shine box.... go get it.

the Big East was hands down the best hoops conference in this country for years. This isn't even worth discussing . You must be Billy Packer

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you realized Williams has been coaching for a while you may know what I mean. Then again you don't know any of this so why would I expect you to add something worthwhile to the discussion ? BTW he won his 1st Nat'l Championship w/someone else's team , but you wouldn't know that

Yeah, he won it with Doherty's NIT team. You're such a fucking idiot.