• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tim Tebow has no one to blame but himself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is this:

Tebow took the same team Kyle Orton had and won the AFC West (8-8) and won a playoff game. Orton started for Buffalo last year. Now I know Tebow isn't that good, but is he better than Orton? As ugly as Denver won that year Tebow was QB, he still got it done and had a few 4th Q comebacks.

So the real question is:

Is he not in the NFL because he's too much of a media circus for a back-up QB?

The NFL has a few teams with lousy QB's, hell the Rams started Shaun Hill for much of the last 2 years because Samantha was hurt.

Denver has been really stacked that even a guy like Manning could win a playoff game or 2

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has been really stacked that even a guy like Manning could win a playoff game or 2

I agree. But Kyle Orton certainly was not doing anything with that team, and when Tebow took over, it was different - as stated in my original post. So the question is.. If Orton can start in the league and be bad, why can't Timmah? I think both would be back-ups at best, but the NFL seems to have a lack of quality starting QBs on it's hands.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why all of that bothers you so much, but it clearly does.

I thought that I've been pretty clear. It bothers me because a guy who's not good enough to play in the league gets more press than anyone who actually has the capabilities. It bothers me because in college it was clear that he didn't have the skillset to play NFL football and here we are still 5 years later debating whether or not he should be playing. In short the media coverage and posters who continue to suck him off get under my skin. Tebow himself really doesn't bother me, you people do and everytime someone says what Tebow is doing or should be doing, I'll be there to remind everyone that he SUCKS!!!

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, talk about panties in a twist....Bishop, you better check your Skibs.....
You just solidify everything that we have said about religious prejudice, and as I said fans are the culprit in the injustice.....
They hate on someone, and the league appeases them......And as far as Ray Lewis and his speaking of God, in one breath he was praising and the next cursing, people like hearing big talk with no commitment, because everyone qualifies for that....
He was a people fav and the league coveted him, as with Reggie White, Roger Staubach, etc....
Fans dictate popularity and popularity pays the bills.....:nod:

You can keep believing that any of my feelings about this is about his religion. Obviously no matter what I say you'll believe it's religious prejudice. But like you said, fans dictate popularity and polularity pays the bills yet the most popular player maybe ever has no job. That should tell you everything that you're eyes refuse to see.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's about as accurate as it gets right there, especially that last sentence (wish we could give more than 1 "like"). If his ability to play the game matched his media and fan attention, he'd be the greatest qb in history.

He definitely can play well enough that he should be able to catch on with a team. He's already shown that he can win games in the NFL. But as you point out, he's not good enough to be a legit starter in the league.

That's where the media comes in, imo. Anyone else with his ability likely has a quiet 10+ year career as a backup qb, but the hype around Tebow prevents him from being able to do that.

Anyone else with his skillset likely wouldn't have been drafted, likely wouldn't have gotten out of his first camp and certainly would have never started an NFL game.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But Kyle Orton certainly was not doing anything with that team, and when Tebow took over, it was different - as stated in my original post. So the question is.. If Orton can start in the league and be bad, why can't Timmah? I think both would be back-ups at best, but the NFL seems to have a lack of quality starting QBs on it's hands.

Simple, Kyle Orton has an NFL skillset.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can keep believing that any of my feelings about this is about his religion. Obviously no matter what I say you'll believe it's religious prejudice. But like you said, fans dictate popularity and polularity pays the bills yet the most popular player maybe ever has no job. That should tell you everything that you're eyes refuse to see.

No, you got it all wrong......There are more fans against this guy than not, like you, they have some sort of axe to grind against him and all say it has nothing to do with his beliefs.....They don't have trouble with his beliefs, they only have a problem with his stance on them....
Momma ever read this to you, "What fellowship has light with darkness" ?
When people that aren't living right, have to look at someone who is, it intimidates them and then the criticism shows up.....I know you will vehemently deny it all, but all your previous posts clearly show your disdain for a guy who is not on your team or of any real concern to you.....
Hey dude, I didn't get this old from being dull !!....:D

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you got it all wrong......There are more fans against this guy than not, like you, they have some sort of axe to grind against him and all say it has nothing to do with his beliefs.....They don't have trouble with his beliefs, they only have a problem with his stance on them....
Momma ever read this to you, "What fellowship has light with darkness" ?
When people that aren't living right, have to look at someone who is, it intimidates them and then the criticism shows up.....I know you will vehemently deny it all, but all your previous posts clearly show your disdain for a guy who is not on your team or of any real concern to you.....
Hey dude, I didn't get this old from being dull !!....:D

This is where the cult of hatred happened.

That, and this.

john_316_01.jpg

Yes, the in your face beliefs piss people off. True. It is also true that we see what we want. Therefore any and all mistakes and struggles are met with visceral laughter and incessant mocking.

What rubs people that hate this type of evangelizing, is basically everything.

Of course, I do think it rather funny how it fulfills a bible verse.

Matthew 10:22

You will be hated by everyone because of me,

Only one thing to say in regards to that......

ron-burgundy.jpeg

Of course, they will deny it. Yes, they will.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...

I think Reggie White was the greatest DL I have ever seen. I scream(ed) my lungs out for Jake Locker, Russ Wilson, Mark Brunell, and Nappy Kauffman. I see Troy Polamalu make the sign of the Cross before every play and shrug. He's still one of the best of his generation.

But because I think (and the NFL seems to agree with me) that Tebow is hot buttered garbage at QB I'm hating on him because he's a Christian. Okey doke, big fella.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woody Johnson signed him and hes a Jew.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that I've been pretty clear. It bothers me because a guy who's not good enough to play in the league gets more press than anyone who actually has the capabilities. It bothers me because in college it was clear that he didn't have the skillset to play NFL football and here we are still 5 years later debating whether or not he should be playing. In short the media coverage and posters who continue to suck him off get under my skin. Tebow himself really doesn't bother me, you people do and everytime someone says what Tebow is doing or should be doing, I'll be there to remind everyone that he SUCKS!!!

you people?

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woody Johnson signed him and hes a Jew.

Yeah, the NFL certainly organized that deal. Trust this. That, was all about selling jerseys with a cash cow.

Oh, the Broncos claimed it was Tebow's idea. Of course, Tebow denied he did that. Who do you believe?

In case you do not know, the owners share in merchandise revenue. Therefore, it would be an ancillary motivation. You can tell he was forced on the Jets, just by the way they used him (or did not use him).

We may not think things like that happen, well they do. Do not kid yourselves.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the NFL certainly organized that deal. Trust this. That, was all about selling jerseys with a cash cow.

Oh, the Broncos claimed it was Tebow's idea. Of course, Tebow denied he did that. Who do you believe?

In case you do not know, the owners share in merchandise revenue. Therefore, it would be an ancillary motivation. You can tell he was forced on the Jets, just by the way they used him (or did not use him).

We may not think things like that happen, well they do. Do not kid yourselves.

Why would the NFL not continue to milk this cash cow?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe this thread stays near the top day after day. Why does anyone give a shit about Tebow, he's done. Someone drive a wooden stake thru his heart for God sakes.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where the cult of hatred happened.

That, and this.

john_316_01.jpg

Yes, the in your face beliefs piss people off. True. It is also true that we see what we want. Therefore any and all mistakes and struggles are met with visceral laughter and incessant mocking.

What rubs people that hate this type of evangelizing, is basically everything.

Of course, I do think it rather funny how it fulfills a bible verse.

Matthew 10:22

You will be hated by everyone because of me,

Only one thing to say in regards to that......

ron-burgundy.jpeg

Of course, they will deny it. Yes, they will.
Funny how self fulfilling prophecies work sometimes.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Tebow Nut Suckers really think he is the first and only person to speak strongly on religion?

Have they ever heard of a guy named Ray Lewis? He also covered up a murder and still played in the NFL.

If Tebow was good enough, HE WOULD BE ON A ROSTER!!!

Lets say he had Luck skillset. Are you guys telling me that teams will still stay away from him because of his religion?

I've been saying since his college days, that he won't make it in the nfl, but according to Tebow fans, I only believe that and hate him because how he is with religion. Not to mention, im a big religious guy, who grew up going to church every week.

Shit is crazy!

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe this thread stays near the top day after day. Why does anyone give a shit about Tebow, he's done. Someone drive a wooden stake thru his heart for God sakes.

Welcome to the off season.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Tebow Nut Suckers really think he is the first and only person to speak strongly on religion?

Have they ever heard of a guy named Ray Lewis? He also covered up a murder and still played in the NFL.

If Tebow was good enough, HE WOULD BE ON A ROSTER!!!

Lets say he had Luck skillset. Are you guys telling me that teams will still stay away from him because of his religion?

I've been saying since his college days, that he won't make it in the nfl, but according to Tebow fans, I only believe that and hate him because how he is with religion. Not to mention, im a big religious guy, who grew up going to church every week.

Shit is crazy!

You are a fucking dooshbag. No other way to put it.

His haters far outweigh, by a large margin, his fans. It really is not close. You all dominate any thread started about him, and of course this thread was started by a Tebow hater. Naturally, just like most Tebow threads that are started are started by Tebow haters.

Me saying he could not make it also some how makes me a Tebow nutlicker, cause I had the unmitigated gall to say he was a play maker.

You are a fucking slimeball, and for some "mysterious reason" you seem to be more passionate about mocking Tebow than any other QB that sucks. I have not seen any post from you about how pathetic Bradord is. Tell me all of the mass accomplishments he has had. How many play off wins? You have any idea what he was paid?

How about Matthew Stafford? He have play off win? Oh none?

Yeah, no posts from you about him either. Wait, he does not suck? I think for the money and where he was picked, both of those QBs are utter busts. Do not agree?

All I do know is you have utterly offended by me for saying I thought that there was way too much made about the throwing motion and I thought it was overly tinkered. Some how that made me a cult follower. You then tried to come across smart and lie by saying all he did was throw soft passes in college and that was the reason he broke the UF for completion percentages of passes over 20 yards.

You and the HATERS like you are embarrassing yourselves.

God bless.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a fucking dooshbag. No other way to put it.

His haters far outweigh, by a large margin, his fans. It really is not close. You all dominate any thread started about him, and of course this thread was started by a Tebow hater. Naturally, just like most Tebow threads that are started are started by Tebow haters.

Me saying he could not make it also some how makes me a Tebow nutlicker, cause I had the unmitigated gall to say he was a play maker.

You are a fucking slimeball, and for some "mysterious reason" you seem to be more passionate about mocking Tebow than any other QB that sucks. I have not seen any post from you about how pathetic Bradord is. Tell me all of the mass accomplishments he has had. How many play off wins? You have any idea what he was paid?

How about Matthew Stafford? He have play off win? Oh none?

Yeah, no posts from you about him either. Wait, he does not suck? I think for the money and where he was picked, both of those QBs are utter busts. Do not agree?

All I do know is you have utterly offended by me for saying I thought that there was way too much made about the throwing motion and I thought it was overly tinkered. Some how that made me a cult follower. You then tried to come across smart and lie by saying all he did was throw soft passes in college and that was the reason he broke the UF for completion percentages of passes over 20 yards.

You and the HATERS like you are embarrassing yourselves.

God bless.

:L

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I somewhat agree. I think Rex was a fool not to try Tebow at QB with what he had with Sanchez and some rookie. Your right Tebow took over an 1-4 Denver team and made it into second round of playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.