• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tim Tebow has no one to blame but himself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no comparison when it comes to Tebow & Sam. One is proven NFL player while the other one is practice squad fodder. The resumes are completely different. Now if Sam was a proven NFL talent who had NFL accomplishments, then was run out of the NFL after it came out he was gay, you could compare their situations to each other.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think he would ever make it now, and there is no way a franchise could endure the circus that the main stream media would bring. If he was that great, then maybe. Well, he is far from that and no franchise is willing to endure the chants for Tebow if and when the starting QB does bad.

Like I have mentioned, I think Tebow could have worked out pretty well if people did not overly tinker with this throwing motion.

It was a throwing motion that was not perfect, but it was accurate. It is actually shown by statistical evidence. However, in his zeal to be perfect, he paid more attention to his throwing motion rather than getting the ball to the spot it needed to be.

That was the main problem as I saw it. He would "aim" the ball rather than just throwing it the way he had always done. Like I said, when the Broncos went on that unusual run and Tebow would make plays in the final 5 minutes, it was often because they were in a hurry up no huddle offense. Tebow would stop thinking and he would turn into the play maker he is.

Tebow could have been something special if the know it all prognosticators just left him alone.

You're so blind by your love for the guy you don't see the obvious. In the NBA Clippers DeAndre Jordan has one if not the highest shooting percentage in NBA. Not because he can shoot , he is a terrible shooter it's because he throws down dunks and alley oops which are high percentage shots. Similarly Tebow doesn't stand in the pocket, go down from his first second third reads to hit a player about to become open in a tight window like the good NFL QBs do . He throws soft passes to player on his first read who are open or he runs. Great way to keep his percentage up. In college other teams were lined up to stop his running so when he did complete a pass it went for a lot of yards after the catch. The guy doesn't have a NFL arm he doesn't know how to throw in the pocket ,read defenses, adjust his blockers for the rush thats about to come. You blaming the media for him not being on a roster is ridiculous. No player has benefited more from media coverage. Teams will pick up murders , rapists, drug abusers if they think they can help.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so blind by your love for the guy you don't see the obvious. In the NBA Clippers DeAndre Jordan has one if not the highest shooting percentage in NBA. Not because he can shoot , he is a terrible shooter it's because he throws down dunks and alley oops which are high percentage shots. Similarly Tebow doesn't stand in the pocket, go down from his first second third reads to hit a player about to become open in a tight window like the good NFL QBs do . He throws soft passes to player on his first read who are open or he runs. Great way to keep his percentage up. In college other teams were lined up too stop his running so when he did complete a pass it went for a lot of yards after the catch. The guy doesn't have a NFL arm he doesn't know how to throw in the pocket ,read defenses, adjust his blockers for the rush thats about to come. You blaming the media for him not being on a roster is ridiculous. No player has benefited more from media coverage. Teams will pick up murders , rapists, drug abusers if they think they can help.

I agree with much of this. However, that's why he needed to spend at least 3-4 seasons as a backup. To work on the very deficiencies that you mentioned. Where the media comes in is that with the constant coverage on everything he did feeding "Tebow nation," it became impossible.

Like others have posted, I don't believe that there are 32 backup qb's better than Tebow. However, you can't have a backup qb getting that much media attention.

When the backup qb is more sought after for interviews than the starting qb (or anyone else on the team), that's a problem that NFL teams don't want to deal with.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to argue that Tebow isn't in the league because of his faith, you're going to have to accept the converse of that argument: Mike Sam isn't on anyones roster because he is openly gay.
Michael Sam was praised by the media for announcing he is openly gay while Tebow was mocked for declaring himself a Christian.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Bronco's and Tebow actually had me rooting for them. That playoff run was so much fun to watch that I couldn't help but root for him.
While I'll admit that Tebow has an erratic throwing arm I also know that he is a fierce competitor and a winner. He was a big reason that Denver beat the Steelers in that playoff game despite what his critics may think.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no comparison when it comes to Tebow & Sam. One is proven NFL player while the other one is practice squad fodder. The resumes are completely different. Now if Sam was a proven NFL talent who had NFL accomplishments, then was run out of the NFL after it came out he was gay, you could compare their situations to each other.

Sam had several sacks in the pre-season when he was allowed to play. It's pretty hard to believe that he isn't worth at least a practice squad slot. Yet no one is even inviting him in for work outs.

(FTR, I'm pretty ambivalent on the matter. Just illustrating a point. If our religiously conservative posters here want to argue that coaches and GMs are going to blacklist Tebow because of his beliefs, they are going to have to accept the fact that that knife can cut both ways.)

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam had several sacks in the pre-season when he was allowed to play. It's pretty hard to believe that he isn't worth at least a practice squad slot. Yet no one is even inviting him in for work outs.

(FTR, I'm pretty ambivalent on the matter. Just illustrating a point. If our religiously conservative posters here want to argue that coaches and GMs are going to blacklist Tebow because of his beliefs, they are going to have to accept the fact that that knife can cut both ways.)

Those sacks came against other players who were on the 90 man roster at the time & likely didn't make a team either. It really doesn't mean much. Two sacks from a single game, which could have come against a now, mailman. It's not even in the same universe as what Tebow accomplished.

Tebow is not getting a fair shake because of the media that highlights Tebow's beliefs & creates a 24 circus, not because the NFL has a problem with his beliefs. That is part of the reason teams shy away.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those sacks came against other players who were on the 90 man roster at the time & likely didn't make a team either. It really doesn't mean much. Two sacks from a single game, which could have come against a now, mailman. It's not even in the same universe as what Tebow accomplished.

And yet, of the four dozen or so players that recorded three or more sacks in the pre-season last year, Sam was one of two that were uninjured, under 30, and unsigned to a roster (Sam was eventually signed by the Cowboys for a spell, the team that cut the only other player to fit the aforementioned criteria).

Tebow is not getting a fair shake because of the media that highlights Tebow's beliefs & creates a 24 circus, not because the NFL has a problem with his beliefs. That is part of the reason teams shy away.

Okay. I'm willing to concede the media would be all over it, just like a Sam signing would be all over the news. But if Tebow or Sam could play, or if coaches and FOs believed they had the upside to do so, do you really believe that teams wouldn't put up with it?

At best both are marginal players. Period.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me the disdain that fans have for a clean cut young man that you can't find one speck of dirt on him, on or off the field, yet they support the ones with repeated troubled history.....
The problem with the article's analogy is that Tim only counts in the qb position, so how many qb's are in the 2880 players he speaks of is the only relative comparison and that is not near as daunting a number that he used to support his whole theory.....
Tim has proven he can win at the NFL level, and there are many qb's in the league that have proven they can't, yet are still working....Go Figure !!!!!
Can you say prejudice, and not because of skin color but beliefs...:2cents:

Again, 83% of the country identifies as Christian. He's not being oppressed because of his beliefs. He's not working because the headache doesn't balance with the production. Ray Rice played pretty well in his career and one action may have ended his career. The entire idea that this clean cut young man is being held back because he is a clean cut young man is absurd. I mean say that out loud and tell me it makes even a lick of sense. And before someone gets their panties in a bunch, no I'm not defending Ray Rice. I'd rather not see him in the NFL again. It's just a point, guys do terrible things, just like you said, and the best of those guys who do terrible things still work in the NFL so it's just ridiculous to say Tebow isn't playing because he's too good a guy. If he could throw he'd have a job.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is savaged by critics and fans for his strong religious conviction which has nothing to do with football. You can be a woman beater, a drug addict or a steroid abuser but don't express your religious conviction or you will be trashed.

Every single time Ray Lewis opened him mouth something about God fell out. I read something about a month ago about Calvin Johnson and his religious convictions. How many players acknowledge after a big play, in post game interviews? Tebow isn't the only devout Christian football player. He just happens to be one that sucks which is why he isn't playing.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked like a pretty good throw to me. I have a ton of friend that are Steeler fans. Tebow torched them on the ground and in the air that day. You just can't take that performance away from him.

Get your eyes checked please. I have a colleague who's a big Broncos fan and a devout Christian. About 6 months ago we went to lunch and we were debating Tebow and this throw. I told him just watch the play. Watch the play and keep in mind what I said. A few weeks later we had lunch again and he said "You're right, the ball was high, behind Thomas, Thomas had to slow and make a short jump to get the poor ball Tebow threw." Obviously Tebow has thrown much, MUCH worse balls than that one but that play was all Thomas.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he was good they wouldn't shy away. Greg Hardy was convicted of beating the dog shit out of his girlfriend. Only one team would touch him but you knew someone would because the guy can play. If Tebow could play he'd have a job. It's fairly plain and simple.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every single time Ray Lewis opened him mouth something about God fell out. I read something about a month ago about Calvin Johnson and his religious convictions. How many players acknowledge after a big play, in post game interviews? Tebow isn't the only devout Christian football player. He just happens to be one that sucks which is why he isn't playing.
I wouldn't say Tebow sucks as he did save the Broncos season after replacing Orton as the Broncos QB. He may not have the most accurate arm in the league but he is a fierce competitor and better than many QB's still playing in the NFL.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was good they wouldn't shy away. Greg Hardy was convicted of beating the dog shit out of his girlfriend. Only one team would touch him but you knew someone would because the guy can play. If Tebow could play he'd have a job. It's fairly plain and simple.
Tebow isn't playing because of the unrelenting criticism from folks like you that hate him because of his religious conviction.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so blind by your love for the guy you don't see the obvious. In the NBA Clippers DeAndre Jordan has one if not the highest shooting percentage in NBA. Not because he can shoot , he is a terrible shooter it's because he throws down dunks and alley oops which are high percentage shots. Similarly Tebow doesn't stand in the pocket, go down from his first second third reads to hit a player about to become open in a tight window like the good NFL QBs do . He throws soft passes to player on his first read who are open or he runs. Great way to keep his percentage up. In college other teams were lined up to stop his running so when he did complete a pass it went for a lot of yards after the catch. The guy doesn't have a NFL arm he doesn't know how to throw in the pocket ,read defenses, adjust his blockers for the rush thats about to come. You blaming the media for him not being on a roster is ridiculous. No player has benefited more from media coverage. Teams will pick up murders , rapists, drug abusers if they think they can help.

This is Tebow's game in a nutshell and to make it worse he STILL was only a 50% passer. It's truly pathetic that people make excuse after excuse for a guy who simply can not play NFL QB.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'll admit that Tebow has an erratic throwing arm I also know that he is a fierce competitor and a winner. He was a big reason that Denver beat the Steelers in that playoff game despite what his critics may think.

That game was like every other Tebow game. He played like trash all day and made a few plays at the end. How about a little credit for his teammates who kept the game close while he was gagging all over the field.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was like every other Tebow game. He played like trash all day and made a few plays at the end. How about a little credit for his teammates who kept the game close while he was gagging all over the field.
Once again Orton could not lead that team to any wins but Tebow became the starter and the team started to win. He obviously was the leader that team needed.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say Tebow sucks as he did save the Broncos season after replacing Orton as the Broncos QB. He may not have the most accurate arm in the league but he is a fierce competitor and better than many QB's still playing in the NFL.

He may be better than a couple of 3rd stringers but I certainly wouldn't say many. He has no business playing NFL QB. And if we aren't being blind and telling the truth to that season for the Broncos, the defense was terrible early in the season and they came alive as the season went on. That is what saved the Broncos season, not a fiercely competitive but INACURATE QB. I amazes me that some of you actually see all of the deficiencies and still think he's worth the headache. It's one thing if you're blind to how pitiful his skillset actually is but when you see it and still defend him, hell, I can't even come up with the words for that!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some folks think NFL teams are valuing a political agenda over winning and keeping Tebow out because of his beliefs? Meanwhile, midget Russell Wilson -- also openly religious -- is on the verge of a $100mill type extension? C'mon guys, just face the reality that if Tebow could actually play, he would be.

Reactions: BHF

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow isn't playing because of the unrelenting criticism from folks like you that hate him because of his religious conviction.

I don't care if he's Christian, Muslim, Hebrew, Buddist, Scientologist, Rastafarian, I don't care if he worships Zeus, Jupiter, Odin or the fricking Mobu or whatever the name of the god Pedro Cerrano worshipped was. Which supreme being he devotes his life to is his problem. All I care about is some scrub taking up a roster spot that should go to someone who might actually have a future in the NFL, who actually deserves that NFL payday and even more so having to hear about said scrub nonstop. Period, end of story. As I stated before, Calvin Johnson is a devout Christian and is probably my favorite player.

Status
Not open for further replies.