• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tim Tebow has no one to blame but himself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that think he can play, are too caught up in that mini Denver run he had.

I've been saying since his college days, that he won't make it in the pros.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So why the NFL exile? If you think there are 2,880 football players on this planet better than Tim Tebow, then you’re as brainless as a lobotomy.

This is the dumbest statement of the offseason (and there have been plenty). Apparently it's not hard to become a sports writer, and I love the irony of this statement.

There are probably 10,000 football players in the world better than Tebow. And 6,000 of them are quarterbacks. The guy is a terrible, terrible, terrible a million times terrible football player (by NFL standards). He's one of the most useless players to ever put on cleats in the NFL. He wasn't "exhiled;" He sucks.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question should be: Are there 32 better backup QB(s) in the NFL?

The answer is: A definite no.

Why is it that Tebow doesn't have a backup QB job if were lucky, maybe there are 10 better backup QB(s) around the NFL? Because NFL teams don't like dealing with drama. He doesn't need to switch positions, he just needs the media to chill the fuck out & stop trying to make money off of him.

Tebow > Gabbart, Weeden, Clausen, who ever the fuck is the backup in Cleveland, & more than half the NFL backups.

I do not think he would ever make it now, and there is no way a franchise could endure the circus that the main stream media would bring. If he was that great, then maybe. Well, he is far from that and no franchise is willing to endure the chants for Tebow if and when the starting QB does bad.

Like I have mentioned, I think Tebow could have worked out pretty well if people did not overly tinker with this throwing motion.

It was a throwing motion that was not perfect, but it was accurate. It is actually shown by statistical evidence. However, in his zeal to be perfect, he paid more attention to his throwing motion rather than getting the ball to the spot it needed to be.

That was the main problem as I saw it. He would "aim" the ball rather than just throwing it the way he had always done. Like I said, when the Broncos went on that unusual run and Tebow would make plays in the final 5 minutes, it was often because they were in a hurry up no huddle offense. Tebow would stop thinking and he would turn into the play maker he is.

Tebow could have been something special if the know it all prognosticators just left him alone.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He struggled surely. I also know that the fact that they kept winning like that was ELway's worst nightmare. Hence, the reason they were so desperate to sign Manning.

Having said that, I always thought and I maintain he did not have such a problem with his throwing motion where he needed to change EVERYTHING.

He tried to change it and he became too mechanical. He would think too much. In those games where he made things happen, Broncos would go to a hurry up offense. He would STOP thinking so much and he became the play maker he is.

He could run the spread read option and if he did not obsess over his throwing motion and listen to the long list of prognosticators (Remember the same types that said Jamarcus Russell would be great), he could have been great.

We will never know, and there will always be a giant freaking circus where ever he goes. The haters, like I said, far outnumber the fans. The funny thing is how they think it is the opposite.
Are there really Tebow haters or people who just think he sucks at QB? Just because people think he sucks doesn't mean they are haters.

3riverbabe

32 flavors & then some
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there really Tebow haters or people who just think he sucks at QB? Just because people think he sucks doesn't mean they are haters.

I don't hate Tim Tebow. I just don't think he's NFL QB material. That opinion seems to be shared by NFL owners.

If he really wanted to play in the NFL, he'd at least consider switching positions. Hines Ward will make the HOF as a wide receiver. There are plenty of examples of college QBs switching positions & having NFL success. But Timmy wants to be a QB, and that's not gonna happen, so let him have his TV career & make motivational speeches or whatever. He's made his choice.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not a Tebow hater. I think that his throwing motion and mechanics are screwy and the offense that he run is unsustainable. But I don't hate him, wouldn't bother me if had success.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I was right. The Tebow haters far outnumber the Tebow fans, and it is not close.

We all know why too.

I do find it interesting how Tebow is such a pathetic QB, how in the world was he perhaps the most recruited HS player (QB) in the history of recruiting, how he managed to break a UF record for completion percentage over 20 yards, how he had such a better college career than greats like Brady and Manning, and how he still has more accomplishments as a pro than Bradford.

Does make you wonder.

In the meantime.....God Bless.

You can deny he was a play maker. He was a play maker.

Who said Tebow wasn't a great COLLEGE Quarterback? I don't know if anyone has ever denied that. But it was clear in college that he would never make it in the NFL. CLEAR! He simply does not have the skillset to make it in the NFL. Personally I told people he'd be cut in his 5th preseason. He got cut in his 4th. And for anyone who says it is all about the circus, the media attention, you need to pay attention. Teams (and I say teams as in any team, any sport, any league, any city, any country) will deal with distractions, will deal with attention, even the absurd obsession that follows Tebow, if the player is good. Tebow sucks, period. As far as the religious angle your obviously going for, 83% of Americans identify themselves as Christians. Your theory holds no water.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question should be: Are there 32 better backup QB(s) in the NFL?

The answer is: A definite no.

Why is it that Tebow doesn't have a backup QB job if were lucky, maybe there are 10 better backup QB(s) around the NFL? Because NFL teams don't like dealing with drama. He doesn't need to switch positions, he just needs the media to chill the fuck out & stop trying to make money off of him.

Tebow > Gabbart, Weeden, Clausen, who ever the fuck is the backup in Cleveland, & more than half the NFL backups.

I'd take all of those QBs over Tebow. they all have more of an NFL skillset. Even more so, why would any team put up with the circus for a backup QB? that's just absurd.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think he would ever make it now, and there is no way a franchise could endure the circus that the main stream media would bring. If he was that great, then maybe. Well, he is far from that and no franchise is willing to endure the chants for Tebow if and when the starting QB does bad.

Like I have mentioned, I think Tebow could have worked out pretty well if people did not overly tinker with this throwing motion.

It was a throwing motion that was not perfect, but it was accurate. It is actually shown by statistical evidence. However, in his zeal to be perfect, he paid more attention to his throwing motion rather than getting the ball to the spot it needed to be.

That was the main problem as I saw it. He would "aim" the ball rather than just throwing it the way he had always done. Like I said, when the Broncos went on that unusual run and Tebow would make plays in the final 5 minutes, it was often because they were in a hurry up no huddle offense. Tebow would stop thinking and he would turn into the play maker he is.

Tebow could have been something special if the know it all prognosticators just left him alone.

Statistics show that he was under 50% for his career. Film shows that even when he got the ball to his target, many times the target made a good play on the ball. Even the NFL play he's most famous for, the OT pass to Thomas against Pitt, the ball was high and behind Thomas who made a great catch and run. I mean Thomas was about 6 yards away and still had to make a great play that Tebow got all the credit for. Tebow was outstanding in Urban Meyer's spread option attack. They spread out the defense, he was able to read that collapsing end and either hand off, throw a (mostly) short pass, or run through big holes. He had a lot of talent around him that helped him be that successful. the talent gap between those Florida teams and most of their competition is far greater than the very best and very worst in the NFL. I always tell people who ask me how players can be so good in college and fall flat on their faces in the pros and I tell them that in football and basketball you can dominate in college by simply being the best athlete. In the pros you actually have to master the skills. Tebow doesn't have the skill base to master passing at an NFL level which is why it was just a pipe dream of his and all of the Tebow lovers that he could have ever made it in the NFL. All of you, Timmy included, will feel better about the situation if you give it up already.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sorry ass Cleveland Browns don't even want Tebow. Time for him to give that dream up.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me the disdain that fans have for a clean cut young man that you can't find one speck of dirt on him, on or off the field, yet they support the ones with repeated troubled history.....
The problem with the article's analogy is that Tim only counts in the qb position, so how many qb's are in the 2880 players he speaks of is the only relative comparison and that is not near as daunting a number that he used to support his whole theory.....
Tim has proven he can win at the NFL level, and there are many qb's in the league that have proven they can't, yet are still working....Go Figure !!!!!
Can you say prejudice, and not because of skin color but beliefs...:2cents:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow is in demand as a motivational speaker and is doing very well financially. I'm sure he'd be interested if the right opportunity in the NFL came along but I'm sure he wouldn't be distraught if it didn't.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me the disdain that fans have for a clean cut young man that you can't find one speck of dirt on him, on or off the field, yet they support the ones with repeated troubled history.....
The problem with the article's analogy is that Tim only counts in the qb position, so how many qb's are in the 2880 players he speaks of is the only relative comparison and that is not near as daunting a number that he used to support his whole theory.....
Tim has proven he can win at the NFL level, and there are many qb's in the league that have proven they can't, yet are still working....Go Figure !!!!!
He is savaged by critics and fans for his strong religious conviction which has nothing to do with football. You can be a woman beater, a drug addict or a steroid abuser but don't express your religious conviction or you will be trashed.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt it could be the ugliest 3 quarters of football you ever saw, but he had a knack for getting it down when it counted. (granted, Elam kicked several long FG's to win several of those games during that magical playoff run) As a life long Bronco fan, I had more fun watching Tebow that year than all the Manning years combined. The hair on the back of my neck would stand up when it was late and it was "Tebow Time". Just a great competitor and (by almost all accounts) and great human being. I am not religious at all, but I don't doubt that TT is a "true believer" and I respect him for all the good he seeks to do in the word.

I miss seeing him play.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistics show that he was under 50% for his career. Film shows that even when he got the ball to his target, many times the target made a good play on the ball. Even the NFL play he's most famous for, the OT pass to Thomas against Pitt, the ball was high and behind Thomas who made a great catch and run. I mean Thomas was about 6 yards away and still had to make a great play that Tebow got all the credit for. Tebow was outstanding in Urban Meyer's spread option attack. They spread out the defense, he was able to read that collapsing end and either hand off, throw a (mostly) short pass, or run through big holes. He had a lot of talent around him that helped him be that successful. the talent gap between those Florida teams and most of their competition is far greater than the very best and very worst in the NFL. I always tell people who ask me how players can be so good in college and fall flat on their faces in the pros and I tell them that in football and basketball you can dominate in college by simply being the best athlete. In the pros you actually have to master the skills. Tebow doesn't have the skill base to master passing at an NFL level which is why it was just a pipe dream of his and all of the Tebow lovers that he could have ever made it in the NFL. All of you, Timmy included, will feel better about the situation if you give it up already.

Looked like a pretty good throw to me. I have a ton of friend that are Steeler fans. Tebow torched them on the ground and in the air that day. You just can't take that performance away from him.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your receiver doesn't break stride, its a good enough throw. Tebow is so polarizing, I am not surprised someone would nit pick that throw. :lol:

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is savaged by critics and fans for his strong religious conviction which has nothing to do with football. You can be a woman beater, a drug addict or a steroid abuser but don't express your religious conviction or you will be trashed.

Except...no one here has said a word about Tebow the person (who is, I agree, an outstanding young man). There is more than enough evidence to show he can't play without getting personal. If you want to argue that Tebow isn't in the league because of his faith, you're going to have to accept the converse of that argument: Mike Sam isn't on anyones roster because he is openly gay.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is this:

Tebow took the same team Kyle Orton had and won the AFC West (8-8) and won a playoff game. Orton started for Buffalo last year. Now I know Tebow isn't that good, but is he better than Orton? As ugly as Denver won that year Tebow was QB, he still got it done and had a few 4th Q comebacks.

So the real question is:

Is he not in the NFL because he's too much of a media circus for a back-up QB?

The NFL has a few teams with lousy QB's, hell the Rams started Shaun Hill for much of the last 2 years because Samantha was hurt.

I agree with a lot of this including the media circus part . Look, those games in Denver with Tebow as qb were a lot of fun. 55 minutes of terrible football and then 5 minutes of amazing football to get the comeback win. It beat the hell out of 60 minutes of bad football with Orton.

I always thought that Tebow's best chance would be to go to a team like the Patriots, Saints, Chargers, Steelers or stay with the Broncos when they got Manning. On teams like that, with established elite qb's, he could have spent a few seasons as a backup working on mechanics, etc. without having to worry about "We want Tebow" chants after every incomplete pass or interception.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He struggled surely. I also know that the fact that they kept winning like that was ELway's worst nightmare. Hence, the reason they were so desperate to sign Manning.

Having said that, I always thought and I maintain he did not have such a problem with his throwing motion where he needed to change EVERYTHING.

He tried to change it and he became too mechanical. He would think too much. In those games where he made things happen, Broncos would go to a hurry up offense. He would STOP thinking so much and he became the play maker he is.

He could run the spread read option and if he did not obsess over his throwing motion and listen to the long list of prognosticators (Remember the same types that said Jamarcus Russell would be great), he could have been great.

We will never know, and there will always be a giant freaking circus where ever he goes. The haters, like I said, far outnumber the fans. The funny thing is how they think it is the opposite.

He mainly needed/needs to shorten his throwing motion. He could get away with it in college because receivers are open longer. In the NFL, the receiver would be open, but by the time he made the throw or was ready to, they were covered.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt it could be the ugliest 3 quarters of football you ever saw, but he had a knack for getting it down when it counted. (granted, Elam kicked several long FG's to win several of those games during that magical playoff run) As a life long Bronco fan, I had more fun watching Tebow that year than all the Manning years combined. The hair on the back of my neck would stand up when it was late and it was "Tebow Time". Just a great competitor and (by almost all accounts) and great human being. I am not religious at all, but I don't doubt that TT is a "true believer" and I respect him for all the good he seeks to do in the word.

I miss seeing him play.

I hate the Bronco's and Tebow actually had me rooting for them. That playoff run was so much fun to watch that I couldn't help but root for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.