• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger Woods to be DQed

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they say he talked to the officials before the round was over and they didn't think anything was wrong then before he signed his card. It was only after he signed and then had his press conference that they all went back again to review the film for the second time.

So as a player, you speak with officials about it before you sign your card and art that time everything is okay. Only after wards duo they realize he should be penalized. So instead of disqualifying him for signing an incorrect scorecard which they Iiitially said was correct, they decided to retroactively apply the two shot penalty that should have been called essentially correcting the scorecard. Disqualifying him would have punished him for a mistake he and the officials made which I guess they deemed unfair because they told him it was okay before he signed.

They all agree he should have been penalized, it's just a matter of it not being all his fault in signing when they themselves thought it was good to go.

The committee should have talked to him before saying that the ruling was appropriate. I'm not sure they actually told him he didn't violate a rule though, I haven't heard that, but I guess it's possible. I just have a hard time imagining they go up to every player who had a penalty called in on him and say "hey man, someone called you in for a penalty, but we reviewed the tape and there was nothing there".

The committee error is what saved him, not the rule that is in place.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lindsay Vonn's ex-husband ^^^

Last edited by a moderator:

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lindsay Vonn's ex-husband ^^^

:spit:

wFphugI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they say he talked to the officials before the round was over and they didn't think anything was wrong then before he signed his card. It was only after he signed and then had his press conference that they all went back again to review the film for the second time.

So as a player, you speak with officials about it before you sign your card and art that time everything is okay. Only after wards duo they realize he should be penalized. So instead of disqualifying him for signing an incorrect scorecard which they Iiitially said was correct, they decided to retroactively apply the two shot penalty that should have been called essentially correcting the scorecard. Disqualifying him would have punished him for a mistake he and the officials made which I guess they deemed unfair because they told him it was okay before he signed.

They all agree he should have been penalized, it's just a matter of it not being all his fault in signing when they themselves thought it was good to go.

Tiger's penalty elicits competitors' reactions

“We did not talk to Tiger (after the round),” Ridley said.
They didn't tell him ahead of time that he didn't commit a violation

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sad. you really want this to be your posting legacy here? ignoring your own CD? fellating trolls and arguing non-facts?

sorry I dented your fetal forehead, bro..

:suds:

LOL...I expect more from you. You have been here a long time...long time troll...smh

Your opinion means nothing, but I guess you know this by now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he didnt want to hit the pin or roll over the back. If he wouldn't have said that nobody would've thought anything of it. Obviously he thought he was gaining an advantage

I wouldn't say advantage, what are odds of hitting the pin again. He didn't want the drop zone a little muddy, so he picked that spot.

But pple are acting like he was trying to cheat, wasn't the situation and officials fucked up not telling him. It was an all-around bad situation that was not handled properly. It was blown way out of proportion, but in the end the 2 stroke penalty was the right call.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say advantage, what are odds of hitting the pin again. He didn't want the drop zone a little muddy, so he picked that spot.

But pple are acting like he was trying to cheat, wasn't the situation and officials fucked up not telling him. It was an all-around bad situation that was not handled properly. It was blown way out of proportion, but in the end the 2 stroke penalty was the right call.

Why was only a 2 stroke penalty correct? The rule says that it was not correct. People are not acting like he was trying to cheat, they are liking like he broke a rule, which he did. He dropped illegally. The reason he dropped where he did, according to him, was to gain an advantage. He said he did it because he didn't want to hit the pin again, or roll over the back.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was only a 2 stroke penalty correct? The rule says that it was not correct. People are not acting like he was trying to cheat, they are liking like he broke a rule, which he did. He dropped illegally. The reason he dropped where he did, according to him, was to gain an advantage. He said he did it because he didn't want to hit the pin again, or roll over the back.

Ok, but does every player know every rule in the book. Maybe, maybe not. If the rules committee would of told him before the signed card, he would of changed it. But they didn't even know, so for them not to even know it is strange to think he even knew. The facts are they concluded he was unknown of what he did that is why no DQ and te fact they didn't tell him.

So actually we will never know if he did it on purpose. Everyone will have their opinion, but the only ones who will truly know is TW and the guy upstairs.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but does every player know every rule in the book. Maybe, maybe not. If the rules committee would of told him before the signed card, he would of changed it. But they didn't even know, so for them not to even know it is strange to think he even knew. The facts are they concluded he was unknown of what he did that is why no DQ and te fact they didn't tell him.

So actually we will never know if he did it on purpose. Everyone will have their opinion, but the only ones who will truly know is TW and the guy upstairs.

It doesn't matter whether or not he knew. The rules committee can't watch everyone. If he has a question about a rule he should ask. He shouldn't pretend to know the rules if you doesn't he should ask. The rules committee didn't know he took an illegal drop until he said it in his post round comments. Nowhere does the rule say they have to intend to break it.

The fact is he could have easily found out prior to turning in his scorecard that dropping two yards farther back was a violation. And under rule 33-7/4.5 that is a penalty which results in disqualification.

I am not sure why his intent is relevant at all. I don't think he intentionally took an illegal drop, but I think he violated the rule.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter whether or not he knew. The rules committee can't watch everyone. If he has a question about a rule he should ask. He shouldn't pretend to know the rules if you doesn't he should ask. The rules committee didn't know he took an illegal drop until he said it in his post round comments. Nowhere does the rule say they have to intend to break it.

The fact is he could have easily found out prior to turning in his scorecard that dropping two yards farther back was a violation. And under rule 33-7/4.5 that is a penalty which results in disqualification.

I am not sure why his intent is relevant at all. I don't think he intentionally took an illegal drop, but I think he violated the rule.

yes, this is all I am saying. It was illegal no doubt, just don't see the intention and reason of why he would deliberately do it. He has been in this situation many times, he probably didn't think and probably in sort of shock of what had just happened.

I mean IF he doesn't hit the pin, he birdies, at worst has par. That is 3 maybe 4 strokes he gets back at the end of the day. Just a bonehead decision.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, this is all I am saying. It was illegal no doubt, just don't see the intention and reason of why he would deliberately do it. He has been in this situation many times, he probably didn't think and probably in sort of shock of what had just happened.

I mean IF he doesn't hit the pin, he birdies, at worst has par. That is 3 maybe 4 strokes he gets back at the end of the day. Just a bonehead decision.

So...if it was illegal why shouldn't he be penalized appropriately?

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He thought he was within the rules...he, or no PGA Tour player would ever intentionally break the rules...

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what part of his post round press conference is STILL eluding you?

:L

He knows he dropped it where he wasn't suppose to. His point is that he didn't know he was breaking the rule when he dropped it back there. I think.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what part of his post round press conference is STILL eluding you?

:L

Drop it man. The facts are rules committee concluded it was not done with intent to break the rules. You still haven't gave me a reason why he would deliberately do it when he knows they would eventually find, no sane player does that.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He thought he was within the rules...he, or no PGA Tour player would ever intentionally break the rules...

Yeah, I agree. Players are penalized all the time for breaking rules though. I'm sure you have been penalized for hitting out of bounds. Carl Petterson was penalized at Kiawah for making contact with a leaf in his backswing. Intent doesn't prevent penalties though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drop it man. The facts are rules committee concluded it was not done with intent to break the rules. You still haven't gave me a reason why he would deliberately do it when he knows they would eventually find, no sane player does that.

Relevancy? He broke a rule. Regardless of whether or not he intended to he did.