• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger Woods to be DQed

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you must think this is "real" huh ?

220px-Europe_2007_Disk_1_340.jpg

It is real, I've been there and saw douches all over the place just like him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeh, you should LOL. you understand nothing about golf, or photography, apparently.
:laugh3:

:L:L

I have played more golf in a year then you have in your whole life....but yah you're right :rollseyes:

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a conversation with a USGA rules official today about this... It's a very controversial issue.. I don't expect people outside of the game to understand, but its very hard to argue with what happened. Hopefully others get the benefit of the doubt as far as continuing in tourneys moving forward.. That said, I am done with the topic but the hate will continue.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a conversation with a USGA rules official today about this... It's a very controversial issue.. I don't expect people outside of the game to understand, but its very hard to argue with what happened. Hopefully others get the benefit of the doubt as far as continuing in tourneys moving forward.. That said, I am done with the topic but the hate will continue.

Can you please explain what he told you. Because the rule I have read on the usga website says that he should have been DQd. I am assuming the usga thinks they should catch all penalties and because they didnt catch it he shouldn't be penalized properly?

Category 5o

Errday Trollin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forced perspective, how does it work?

Forced perspective would be a legitimate argument...

...if the camera angle, tigers height, shadow sizes, shadow locations, dying patch of grass size and location, shadow behind dying grass line, divots and many other things were different in one picture or the other.

You could have said photoshopped and been more correct than you were citing perspective.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forced perspective would be a legitimate argument...

...if the camera angle, tigers height, shadow sizes, shadow locations, dying patch of grass size and location, shadow behind dying grass line, divots and many other things were different in one picture or the other.

You could have said photoshopped and been more correct than you were citing perspective.

You can't tell the difference in a couple of inches and a foot or two from that angle. We have no way of knowing how far he is from the brown patch of grass and the divots. If he's 80 yards or 79 yards you won't be able to tell from that angle. Here's a picture of his drop and you can see it's clearly not as close as possible to the divot he left on the previous shot

TIGERR1.jpg

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well..... This is interesting...
72775f74-1025-40de-831f-bc969dc59af3_tiger-shots-side-by-side.jpg

Y! SPORTS

:L What does that really show? If anything it shows he is further back because te big brown grass area is closer to his head an the big divot behind him is further down his leg on the second shot. Same with the little circles by his feet

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L What does that really show? If anything it shows he is further back because te big brown grass area is closer to his head an the big divot behind him is further down his leg on the second shot. Same with the little circles by his feet

You don't get to place the ball on the ground where the first shot was..........you drop the ball. The ball can roll a foot backwards when you drop it.

Literally based on that picture right there it looks like he is within inches of where he was on the first shot.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get to place the ball on the ground where the first shot was..........you drop the ball. The ball can roll a foot backwards when you drop it.

Literally based on that picture right there it looks like he is within inches of where he was on the first shot.

How far do you think the camera man was from the spot he dropped the ball? The depth perception from that angle isn't that beneficial. Also, do you really think he tried to go back two yards but in somehow accidentally ended up only going back 4-5 inches more than he should have?