• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Trubisky (and draft so far)

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go that far.

No way to know right now. If he ends up a stud, then it was the right move. If a bust, then obviously not.

Contrary to popular opinion, they did not give up too much, unless the guy is a bust, which no one can say for certain.
Exactly. If Trubisky is the second coming of (insert name of any better than average QB) then the Bears made out, IMO. If he is fucking awesome, the Bears stole the draft.

As far as the other guys drafted, if just one of them ends up a starter then Pace's gamble works.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even remember the last 3rd round pick we've had that didn't make the team. Possibly never.

I am honestly convinced you really don't follow the draft. 3rd round picks are expected to turn into starting players dude...

Only the 1st two rounds,after that screw it.......I hate watching college football,so the only players I know of are the top names from doing a little research....So I could careless about who we get from the 3rd on down.

And I`m absolutely convinced you try to convince people your this Mr.All Knowledge of football,when in reality your full of shit.........And hear you you really thought we were gonna take a dback or an d-lineman....lmao
I liked Fournette,but I just rattled off that name cause it seems we never draft like the way we think it should go,but according to you that was absurd.....And if I said qb,you would`ve thought that was absurd too,just like telling BF it was absurd.....Well guess what,he was 10xs closer than you oh Mr.Wizard........

Oh.........And one more thing:

Should 3rd rd`ers be expected to start someday............Well duh!
Id hope every draftee could be a starter someday..........

So go along now,stick your dick back in your Mom and Dads toaster or wherever the hell you were telling everyone where you were putting it................dumbass.:pound:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. If Trubisky is the second coming of (insert name of any better than average QB) then the Bears made out, IMO. If he is fucking awesome, the Bears stole the draft.

As far as the other guys drafted, if just one of them ends up a starter then Pace's gamble works.

WRONG. What Trubisky will or will not turn out to be is irrelevant to whether we overpaid for him NOW.

I don't understand why people don't get this.

For the sake of arguments lets say we could have had the #2 pick by only giving SF our #3 and a 4th round pick. Now lets say Trubisky turns into Joe Montana. Well all those other picks we needlessly gave up to acquire the #2 pick could have produced Walter Payton and Mike Singletary.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It turns out to basically be this year's 3rd and next year's 3rd.

Fwiw, Payton was drafted 4th overall, and Singletary was taken in the 2nd round, so that analogy...ya know...sucks en sech

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG. What Trubisky will or will not turn out to be is irrelevant to whether we overpaid for him NOW.

I don't understand why people don't get this.

For the sake of arguments lets say we could have had the #2 pick by only giving SF our #3 and a 4th round pick. Now lets say Trubisky turns into Joe Montana. Well all those other picks we needlessly gave up to acquire the #2 pick could have produced Walter Payton and Mike Singletary.

None of us will know whether we overpaid for him or not until a few years down the line.........Not sure why you don`t get this.

This day-n-age(especially us) its gonna take a little extra to get these top-notch qbs..........So we gave a little extra,who cares.

Its not like we sold the farm for him..........

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AGAIN, The bears had a pro bowl Q that incidentally holds nearly every chicago bears passing record in franchise history and you guys all consider him a bust so to even suggest this kid has a chance to be THE ONE is ridiculous.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most experts are grading this draft pretty poorly considering the needs this team had, but think it might be a good draft after we wait a few years.

Biggest question mark is not drafting a CB, especially after declining the fifth year contract for Fuller. He is on a prove it year. Did not think Prince and Cooper were long term answers.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AGAIN, The bears had a pro bowl Q that incidentally holds nearly every chicago bears passing record in franchise history and you guys all consider him a bust so to even suggest this kid has a chance to be THE ONE is ridiculous.

Seriously. What in the fuck are you talking about? Jay Cutler made the Pro Bowl ONCE and it was a decade ago with another fucking team!?

You can honestly sit here and suggest that we should've stayed with Cutler??

What kind of fruitcake is still pining over Cutler at this point? Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense. JFC, get a fucking clue.

You know what's ridiculous? Your Post.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most experts are grading this draft pretty poorly considering the needs this team had, but think it might be a good draft after we wait a few years.

Biggest question mark is not drafting a CB, especially after declining the fifth year contract for Fuller. He is on a prove it year. Did not think Prince and Cooper were long term answers.

And well they should.......I thought it sucked myself........I like the qb pick,but not sure we got the right one,nor am I satisfied that we took one right away........I could have seen us taking a 2nd round qb,but hopefully Tru is daguy.

and don`t get me started with the dumb trade of the 2nd round pick either.....That was asinine.

We traded down of our 2nd pick to garner our picks that we traded away for Tru just so we could get them back.......Did I hear right.........?.....Holy fuck was that dumb........Lets trade down so the better players get drafted ahead of our next pick,Eff`in stupid!!!

Hopefully Adam Shaheen proves to be the next Gronk as he was compared to:

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Ashland_logo.gif

Ashland_logo.gif
Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland
Height: 6-6. Weight: 278. Arm: 33.5. Hand: 9.63.
40 Time: 4.79.
Projected Round (2017): 2-4.

4/25/17: Sources say that Shaheen is a freak athlete who has a ton of upside for the NFL. Shaheen is impressive in workouts, and team sources say that his tape showed serious receiving ability for the next level. Even though he is tall and thick, Shaheen has surprising speed and athleticism for such a big tight end. Teams think that Shaheen could be a versatile tight end to create mismatches in the passing game.

Shaheen caught 57 passes for 867 yards with 16 touchdowns in 2016. The previous season, he had 70 receptions for 803 yards and 10 touchdowns. Some team sources even compared Shaheen to Patriots star tight end Rob Gronkowski.

Ok AI.........I`m with you,we`ll see what happens in the future.lol

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, if Trubs turns out to be THEE guy, and Shaheen plays like Gronk, nobody will gaf about this draft.

The Shaheen pick is not as far from the norm as people would like to think. I saw plenty of Mocks where he went in the 2nd or 3rd.

I think he went 85 or around there in our SportsHoopla mock.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And well they should.......I thought it sucked myself........I like the qb pick,but not sure we got the right one,nor am I satisfied that we took one right away........I could have seen us taking a 2nd round qb,but hopefully Tru is daguy.

and don`t get me started with the dumb trade of the 2nd round pick either.....That was asinine.

We traded down of our 2nd pick to garner our picks that we traded away for Tru just so we could get them back.......Did I hear right.........?.....Holy fuck was that dumb........Lets trade down so the better players get drafted ahead of our next pick,Eff`in stupid!!!

Hopefully Adam Shaheen proves to be the next Gronk as he was compared to:

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Ashland_logo.gif

Ashland_logo.gif
Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland
Height: 6-6. Weight: 278. Arm: 33.5. Hand: 9.63.
40 Time: 4.79.
Projected Round (2017): 2-4.

4/25/17: Sources say that Shaheen is a freak athlete who has a ton of upside for the NFL. Shaheen is impressive in workouts, and team sources say that his tape showed serious receiving ability for the next level. Even though he is tall and thick, Shaheen has surprising speed and athleticism for such a big tight end. Teams think that Shaheen could be a versatile tight end to create mismatches in the passing game.

Shaheen caught 57 passes for 867 yards with 16 touchdowns in 2016. The previous season, he had 70 receptions for 803 yards and 10 touchdowns. Some team sources even compared Shaheen to Patriots star tight end Rob Gronkowski.

Ok AI.........I`m with you,we`ll see what happens in the future.lol

Well, the one thing I am trying to find on Shaheen is why he was in a division 2 school. I understand he had a basketball scholarship, so maybe he was not recruited to a big school, but I have to question the fact that you wonder if he was qualified to attend Division 1. You know, kids go to Memphis college to major in basketball, fly thru the classes they sometimes attend.

I am hoping to find something like he wanted to stay with his family, or be close to home for weekends, or something along those lines, because we know what makes the great ones in the pro's is their classroom time when they get here. If he is on limited routes he might have some trouble.

The final guy was a tackle in college, even though they see him more as a guard when he was coached at the senior bowl. The little running back, well, I liked Garret Wolfe, but he never really got the opportunity, so its a simple role and most probably considering they will be moving Carey or Langford. If you are picking him to return punts, fine, but to just play special teams, dont know.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the one thing I am trying to find on Shaheen is why he was in a division 2 school. I understand he had a basketball scholarship, so maybe he was not recruited to a big school, but I have to question the fact that you wonder if he was qualified to attend Division 1. You know, kids go to Memphis college to major in basketball, fly thru the classes they sometimes attend.

I am hoping to find something like he wanted to stay with his family, or be close to home for weekends, or something along those lines, because we know what makes the great ones in the pro's is their classroom time when they get here. If he is on limited routes he might have some trouble.

The final guy was a tackle in college, even though they see him more as a guard when he was coached at the senior bowl. The little running back, well, I liked Garret Wolfe, but he never really got the opportunity, so its a simple role and most probably considering they will be moving Carey or Langford. If you are picking him to return punts, fine, but to just play special teams, dont know.

Dude, Gronk is fuck-retarded, and he is dominant.

Some things can't be taught anyway.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It turns out to basically be this year's 3rd and next year's 3rd.

Fwiw, Payton was drafted 4th overall, and Singletary was taken in the 2nd round, so that analogy...ya know...sucks en sech

Do we really have to run down the list of really good players who have been selected 3rd round or later? Come on... you people need to get a grip here with this, and stop acting like we gave up nothing.

For chrissake, our best player last year. Howard, was taken in the 5th.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shaheen wanted to play both basketball and football in college.

Shaheen was also only 210 pounds and skinny as a board coming out of HS. He put on over 60 pounds in college, when he decided football was his main focus.

There's your reasoning for going D-II

Wolfe got many opportunities. He wasn't good, and he was slow for NFL standards. This kid is quite different than Wolfe. He's not called "the human joystick" because he's slow. 4.42 at the combine and a sub-4.40 at his pro-day.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not pining after cutler, merely pointing out the FACT that the bears can fuck up a pro bowl caliber QB with NFL experience I find it a bit of a reach that this organisation can take a wet behind the ears puppy and turn him into a franchise player let alone a competent QB. You beardown are the one that keeps interpreting statements to spew garbage.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I will take your advice and get the f outta here tho'.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we really have to run down the list of really good players who have been selected 3rd round or later? Come on... you people need to get a grip here with this, and stop acting like we gave up nothing.

For chrissake, our best player last year. Howard, was taken in the 5th.

The same could be said of shitty players 3rd or later. It was a risk to go get their guy. BFD. I just looked outside...the sky is still there.

They gave what was needed to move up one spot. No one knows if he would've been there at 3. But we do know what the trade value is to move up to that spot, and what the Bears gave up matched it. They didn't give up too much, they gave up what it took.