• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Trubisky (and draft so far)

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it every time Beardown07 is part of a thread, that thread degenerates into crap? Hmmm...

Beardown07 offers nothing to this board.

cc40c34a43be3ab1c455903ea4fbfe7c.jpg

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo, everyone agrees that no one knows shit, and that only time will tell if this draft was great or a steaming turd.

Good...glad that's settled.

Edit: Inb4 @BsGenius claims he is the exception to this, cuz ya know, he's an internet genius en sech.
Yeah, but we still wanna argue!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did it to me and you just did it to wood.

No, I didn't. Wood attempted to say that 3rd round picks sometimes don't even make the team. He downplayed their importance, and went about it in quite a ridiculous fashion. If you felt I was too harsh in response, whoops...

Nor did I ever do it to you.

You accused me of putting words in people's mouths. I never did.

Now, stop being a little baby boy

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson is better. The Texans got a steal.

I would say that Watson got a "steal" by going to a team that has just about everything else you could ask for besides a QB.

That will certainly aide him early on. Is he a better NFL prospect than Trub? I really don't see how, but only time will tell.

One other thing that IS certain though, BTW...

Typhlosion > Croconaw

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I didn't. Wood attempted to say that 3rd round picks sometimes don't even make the team. He downplayed their importance, and went about it in quite a ridiculous fashion. If you felt I was too harsh in response, whoops...

Nor did I ever do it to you.

You accused me of putting words in people's mouths. I never did.

Now, stop being a little baby boy
You must be delusional.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be delusional.

Not sure what you want.

I never put words in Wood's mouth. If I didn't quote him COMPLETELY perfectly, holy shit... what a nightmare.

Get the sand out of your vag.

CroconawKings

Go Kings Go
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that Watson got a "steal" by going to a team that has just about everything else you could ask for besides a QB.

That will certainly aide him early on. Is he a better NFL prospect than Trub? I really don't see how, but only time will tell.

One other thing that IS certain though, BTW...

Typhlosion > Croconaw
Water > Fire

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you want.

I never put words in Wood's mouth. If I didn't quote him COMPLETELY perfectly, holy shit... what a nightmare.

Get the sand out of your vag.
Taking a statement and altering it sound more extreme to help fit your argument is putting words in someone's mouth. You do that all of the time. It's annoying and really makes posting here a chore. You're one of the few reasons this board is so disfunctional.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more that the NFL hype machine/media does this after the combine for guys like Goff and Trubinsky. I have nothing against them, just thought they were both reaches.

No dog in the fight for me. I hope Trubisky turns out to be a great QB, but the reality he was basically the best prospect in this draft...nothing more, nothing less.

Will he be a franchise type QB?...the odds say no only because franchise QBs are so rare in this league, but that doesn't mean he won't be a good QB.

The Bears over paid, but you almost always do when you move up in the top 5. Whether you move 1 spot or 15 spots, that's par for the course and they knew that before they even made the call to SF.

At this point it's up to the FO to surround the kid with enough talent to be successful.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking a statement and altering it sound more extreme to help fit your argument is putting words in someone's mouth. You do that all of the time. It's annoying and really makes posting here a chore. You're one of the few reasons this board is so disfunctional.

No, I really don't do that. I'll keep an eye for it though. The word you're looking for is "hyperbole" by the way.

This board is not dysfunctional. No idea how you could say that.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I really don't do that. I'll keep an eye for it though. The word you're looking for is "hyperbole" by the way.

This board is not dysfunctional. No idea how you could say that.
Yeah, it kinda is, and the root of a lot of it is you hurling insults at everyone that disagrees with you. You also act like you are superior to everyone else.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it kinda is, and the root of a lot of it is you hurling insults at everyone that disagrees with you. You also act like you are superior to everyone else.

Well, yeah... And? :D

Get it all out. Let's go. This is good

I have been insulting people too much, you're right. I'll stop with everyone, except for AI. No mercy for when he makes up lies.

This board is not dysfunctional though. Every good board is a bit off-balance.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, yeah... And? :D

Get it all out. Let's go. This is good

I do insult people too much, you're right. I'll stop with everyone, except for AI.
That's about it. I'm only telling you these things because I think you have the capacity to change. I'm not even going to start with @BsGenius. That dude is a straight headcase.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's about it. I'm only telling you these things because I think you have the capacity to change. I'm not even going to start with @BsGenius. That dude is a straight headcase.

I'm going to ease up on the insults, for everyone except for AI. Because that's a promise that I cannot keep, when he goes off making up tall-tales about Jay Cutler's backups and his wife driving Olsen out of town... or whatever the hell that was.

Honestly, the ESPN board was chaos, and I guess I grew completely cold to that stuff over the years. I never look at it as personal, but I can see others take it that way. I honestly think it's a funny aspect of the board, that two posters can be vehemently hating each other in one thread, while simultaneously getting along in another.

I honestly think a board being a bit off balance is somewhat of a good thing.

As for BS, that dude's been doing that shit since the beginning of the Lovie era. I just look past all of that now, and respond to the football aspect of his posts. There was a brief lapse where I forgot to do that when he returned here, but then it came back to me. lol