• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Trubisky (and draft so far)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same could be said of shitty players 3rd or later. It was a risk to go get their guy. BFD. I just looked outside...the sky is still there.

They gave what was needed to move up one spot. No one knows if he would've been there at 3. But we do know what the trade value is to move up to that spot, and what the Bears gave up matched it. They didn't give up too much, they gave up what it took.

Okay, shall we go through the list of shitty first round players then? By your logic, that means a first round pick does not matter. 3rd round picks are expected to be starters. 4th round picks are expected to AT LEAST be contributors on special teams, with starting upside.

I never even said it was the wrong move...

However, we need to stop acting like we just gave away nothing. We gave away two starting players and another borderline starter. We come off like absurd homers when we try to say that these picks aren't important.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I will take your advice and get the f outta here tho'.

I mean, dude... if you're going to show up here and immediately just bitch about EVERYTHING. From releasing a 31 year old, washed up CB that no one else wants... to the players we signed in free agency, to the players we drafted. To how the schedule is impossible to get a win out of. To how the organization in it's entirety should just basically go out back and shoot themselves.

In what world, did you think that would warrant a warm reception? lol

Especially in matters like this, where you're complaining about how THIS organization supposedly messed up Cutler. I mean, Cutler's numbers were essentially the same here over the years as they were in Denver in his pro bowl season.

Not only that, we're two regimes removed from that front office and coaching staff. This regime inherited Cutler in 2015, with the knowledge that he wasn't the long-term guy and they just had to ride out the final years of his guaranteed contract before moving on.

This was moving on... what the fuck do you want?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, shall we go through the list of shitty first round players then? By your logic, that means a first round pick does not matter. 3rd round picks are expected to be starters. 4th round picks are expected to AT LEAST be contributors on special teams, with starting upside.

I never even said it was the wrong move...

However, we need to stop acting like we just gave away nothing. We gave away two starting players and another borderline starter. We come off like absurd homers when we try to say that these picks aren't important.

I am not saying we gave up nothing. What I am saying is what we DID give up was fair market value, right down the fucking line, almost dead nuts on the trade value chart. Not some selling the farm bullshit like everyone wants to call it.

What I am also saying, is that two mid-rounders for a franchise QB is ostensibly NOTHING.(Obviously, that part is contingent on how he turns out) I have also stated at least twice on here, that I wish to fuck we would have done THE EXACT SAME THING in 2014 in order to ensure us getting Aaron Donald. We did not, and lost out on arguably the best defensive player in the NFL.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying we gave up nothing. What I am saying is what we DID give up was fair market value, right down the fucking line, almost dead nuts on the trade value chart. Not some selling the farm bullshit like everyone wants to call it.

What I am also saying, is that two mid-rounders for a franchise QB is ostensibly NOTHING.(Obviously, that part is contingent on how he turns out) I have also stated at least twice on here, that I wish to fuck we would have done THE EXACT SAME THING in 2014 in order to ensure us getting Aaron Donald. We did not, and lost out on arguably the best defensive player in the NFL.

Good, we're in agreement.

What I am also saying, is that two mid-rounders for a franchise QB is ostensibly NOTHING.

Well, this is assuming that he is, in fact a franchise QB.

I suppose that I misunderstood you, and thought you agreeing with Wood that 3rd and 4th round picks simply "don't really matter".

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good, we're in agreement.

What I am also saying, is that two mid-rounders for a franchise QB is ostensibly NOTHING.

Well, this is assuming that he is, in fact a franchise QB.

I suppose that I misunderstood you, and thought you agreeing with Wood that 3rd and 4th round picks simply "don't really matter".

They matter, but the Bears did what they had to do to get their guy, and it was fair market value, so I'm ok with that. If he pans out, nobody will give two fucks about those picks.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They matter, but the Bears did what they had to do to get their guy, and it was fair market value, so I'm ok with that. If he pans out, nobody will give two fucks about those picks.

:suds: :agree:

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG. What Trubisky will or will not turn out to be is irrelevant to whether we overpaid for him NOW.

I don't understand why people don't get this.

For the sake of arguments lets say we could have had the #2 pick by only giving SF our #3 and a 4th round pick. Now lets say Trubisky turns into Joe Montana. Well all those other picks we needlessly gave up to acquire the #2 pick could have produced Walter Payton and Mike Singletary.
No, what we paid for him now is relevant. I don't agree with the Bears decision to trade up for him, but if the man ends up leading the Bears to the SB it will be worth it. If you don't agree so be it, but apparently Pace agreed with my line of thinking.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, what we paid for him now is relevant. I don't agree with the Bears decision to trade up for him, but if the man ends up leading the Bears to the SB it will be worth it. If you don't agree so be it, but apparently Pace agreed with my line of thinking.

Just another Beardown07 who is incapable of deeper thinking.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What......?
BD had to put it in simpler terms of what I said for you to agree.........?

And cause they usually don`t pan out............

Last edited:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not pining after cutler, merely pointing out the FACT that the bears can fuck up a pro bowl caliber QB with NFL experience I find it a bit of a reach that this organisation can take a wet behind the ears puppy and turn him into a franchise player let alone a competent QB. You beardown are the one that keeps interpreting statements to spew garbage.

All I can say is you take the pro bowl caliber QB with NFL experience and what is it 8 different systems? If Loggains is a keeper, and he stays with Loggains its a different story. Point being, if Loggains is not a keeper, move on and get a keeper. How many different offenses did Rodgers, Brady, some part Brees have to deal with? Eventually you find a guy like Reid that finds Alex Smith and makes it work, but the term around town now is develop a keeper, not fix the QB.

Anyway, John Fox is on the protect my job parade now by actually using the word Rebuild more than once.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Popcorn.gif

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was fair only to u and your little 30 year old chart. While every expert and non expert talking of this subject is questioning how much we have up. I guess they are all wrong and only your two cent brain is right. (Rolls eyes). Stop trying to be a genius. There's only one genius on this board and that person is me. You are too stupid to figure it out though so stay bliss you clown.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was fair only to u and your little 30 year old chart. While every expert and non expert talking of this subject is questioning how much we have up. I guess they are all wrong and only your two cent brain is right. (Rolls eyes). Stop trying to be a genius. There's only one genius on this board and that person is me. You are too stupid to figure it out though so stay bliss you clown.

Those experts' job is to keep your retarded ass glued to their every word.

They're job is to sensationalize. Your lemming ass jumps right in line.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What......?
BD had to put it in simpler terms of what I said for you to agree.........?

Hey, stupid... you blatantly said 3rd and 4th round picks never turn into anything meaningful

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope....sorry........But if turns out to be a franchise qb,then it was well worth it.......if he doesn`t....oh well we tried and gave a couple mid round picks for him.......no biggies.
Qbs are hard to come by......I kinda figured you should know this..............Mr.(we have not had a qb how long now)Big Bear fan.
And how many of these so-called 3rd and 4th round picks ever stay with the team........?...........Not many is my guess.....So who cares about the few extra picks we gave up to begin with..........

What should really piss all of us off is the fact we traded a great positional 2nd round pick to move further down the ladder to pick up the picks we gave away for Tru..........Dumb,just plain eff`ing dumb.

Mid round picks to me is 3rd thru the 6th.........

And yeah all picks matter.........Cause you wouldn`t have a Tom Brady or a Richard Dent with out them.But it seems from about the 3rd on down, those picks either do not make the team or they just don`t last long on the team...........So actually those picks we traded,meh.

Hey, stupid... you blatantly said 3rd and 4th round picks never turn into anything meaningful

Hmmmmmmm ok..............Seems is the word I used,not NEVER ........and I never uttered one word about them being not meaningful........All I said was they usually don`t pan out....It happens oh Mr.Wizard.......I expect a lot from our 1st and 2nd picks...3rd on down eh.....Don`t know how to explain it any different,but that's ok,I really don`t care what you think to begin with........

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmmmmm ok..............Seems is the word I used,not NEVER ........and I never uttered one word about them being not meaningful........All I said was they usually don`t pan out....It happens oh Mr.Wizard.......I expect a lot from our 1st and 2nd picks...3rd on down eh.....Don`t know how to explain it any different,but that's ok,I really don`t care what you think to begin with........

All I said was they usually don`t pan out

I rest my case.

Horrifically stupid. Honestly, embarrassing.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo, everyone agrees that no one knows shit, and that only time will tell if this draft was great or a steaming turd.

Good...glad that's settled.

Edit: Inb4 @BsGenius claims he is the exception to this, cuz ya know, he's an internet genius en sech.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it every time Beardown07 is part of a thread, that thread degenerates into crap? Hmmm...

Beardown07 offers nothing to this board.