• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Trubisky (and draft so far)

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to ease up on the insults, for everyone except for AI. Because that's a promise that I cannot keep, when he goes off making up tall-tales about Jay Cutler's backups and his wife driving Olsen out of town... or whatever the hell that was.

Honestly, the ESPN board was chaos, and I guess I grew completely cold to that stuff over the years. I never look at it as personal, but I can see others take it that way. I honestly think it's a funny aspect of the board, that two posters can be vehemently hating each other in one thread, while simultaneously getting along in another.

I honestly think a board being a bit off balance is somewhat of a good thing.

As for BS, that dude's been doing that shit since the beginning of the Lovie era. I just look past all of that now, and respond to the football aspect of his posts. There was a brief lapse where I forgot to do that when he returned here, but then it came back to me. lol
Yeah, I remember the "Lets Focus on Seattle" thread. That was pretty epic.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another Beardown07 who is incapable of deeper thinking.[/QUOT

I know it is difficult to maintain gratification through self-absorption but to do it on a sports board? Now that's genius.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those experts' job is to keep your retarded ass glued to their every word.

They're job is to sensationalize. Your lemming ass jumps right in line.
But remember, Howard sucks.

Classic douchebag.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I didn't. Wood attempted to say that 3rd round picks sometimes don't even make the team. He downplayed their importance, and went about it in quite a ridiculous fashion. If you felt I was too harsh in response, whoops...

Nor did I ever do it to you.

You accused me of putting words in people's mouths. I never did.

Now, stop being a little baby boy

Well that is different than saying never.............And all picks are important......Some are more than others.

And as far as being harsh.......I scoff at the shit posters spew out..............Theres not a damn thing you can say or do that's to harsh for me.....I`ll just laugh about it.

But one thing for sure tho.............Amnyone who writes the trash about theirselves all over this site is the real true moronic dipshit.........Right toaster boy.........lmao......Or was it a waffle iron?
I don`t know,there were so many dumb things you bragged about putting your pecker in,but none of which were female..........what a classic imbecile.

so go ahead......harsh away.......
giphy.gif

Last edited:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if any of you listen to ESPN Waddle and Sylvie radio show?

They had HOF architect Bill Polian today, and they asked him (1) about the Trubisky deal, and (2) the Division 2 picks that Ryan Pace made.

If you're interested, here's the podcast link. The Polian spot starts 2 hours into the show and lasts about 15 minutes.

Waddle and Silvy

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if any of you listen to ESPN Waddle and Sylvie radio show?

They had HOF architect Bill Polian today, and they asked him (1) about the Trubisky deal, and (2) the Division 2 picks that Ryan Pace made.

If you're interested, here's the podcast link. The Polian spot starts 2 hours into the show and lasts about 15 minutes.

Waddle and Silvy

Good stuff. For those that want a quick recap w/out listening.

Polian basically says:

"Stroke of genius by Bears for keeping quiet on Trubisky. Great organizational move, great discipline. Draft management at its best. A lesson to be learned by the Browns who everyone knew wanted Trubisky.

Trubisky has most ability but a developmental project. Good/Superior athlete, natural thrower. Accurate thrower. Will throw awful at times as he has some growing to do. Having Glennon ahead of him is a positive one where he can learn from. Glennon is a great "bridge QB".

Prefers Trubisky not play a down next year. Would only start Trubisky late in the season provided you could protect him and Glennon gets injured.

Great job for Chicago Bears."

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is different than saying never.............And all picks are important......Some are more than others.

And as far as being harsh.......I scoff at the shit posters spew out..............Theres not a damn thing you can say or do that's to harsh for me.....I`ll just laugh about it.

But one thing for sure tho.............Amnyone who writes the trash about theirselves all over this site is the real true moronic dipshit.........Right toaster boy.........lmao......Or was it a waffle iron?
I don`t know,there were so many dumb things you bragged about putting your pecker in,but none of which were female..........what a classic imbecile.

so go ahead......harsh away.......
giphy.gif

All is quiet on New Years day.........

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky will be our future... I just want to caution everyone... Mike Glennon is your starting QB. As of this moment take Trubisky out of your mind. Watch him during preseason, hope for the best- but gear up to support Mike Glennon.
Let him be the new guy- If Trubisky was never drafted or if they took a later round QB. Glennon would still be the guy. Let him. Cheer him, give him some time to make mistakes. The phrase "the #2 QB is always the most popular guy" is HUGE in Chicago. Don't FALL into that crap. Mike will make mistakes- he will throw picks and some may be *BAD! (*all QB's do this...it's true- even HOFers)
IF the fanbase calls for Trubisky too soon. They ruin everything. < yep, the fanbase ruins everything in Chicago.

Think about it: What happens if Glennon is booed out of a starting job?
  1. Pace & Fox are on the hot seat. Fox is fired for sure. Bringing in another coaching staff, another new offense for Mitch to learn.
  2. Glennon's year one salary is wasted, and his trade value is diminished severely.
  3. Forcing Mitch to be the savior. Which is a huge ask of a rookie with 13 college starts. Possibly forcing him to press the issue and not play with confidence. (He already has enough pressure on him as a #2 pick who was traded up for)
  4. The mood and moral of the team will be low. Questioning the overall franchise- causing other players to try and do more than what they are capable of- causing more miscues and more bad play.
  5. By the end of the season: Glennon is considered bad, Mitch considered a bust, team with low moral, fox fired, Starting over yet again.

Now what about if we support Glennon?
  1. Glennon get's a chance to cure mistakes. Prove himself... IF he doesn't and plays poorly all year- we all learn he wasn't the guy, and can move on to Mitch with full support a year of PRO practice experience under his belt, and a year removed from the questionable trade up for him. (and another full year of draft picks and FA's to help him)
  2. Glennon's confidence and the teams confidence in him will help everyone.
  3. The big argument for years was to let a rookie learn under a starter- (Aaron Rogers) Bears fans have always wanted this- LET them have it. DON'T force Mitch too soon!
  4. Glennon isn't Cutler. Something LOT's of people simply wanted. Anyone but Jay. Don't make Mike out to be Jay. He's a different player- don't project Jay's bad plays on him...and automatically dump him.
  5. They may still NEED him. If you bench Mike early- what happens when you need to go back to him after injury to Mitch or Mark?
  6. By the end of the season: The team builds on new players (there are LOTS!!) Glennon will be a known commodity. Good or bad, either way- question marks can go away. Trade him, continue to start him, win with him... Trubisky will still be an UNKNOWN. <which is better than calling him a bust in a rookie year with a handful of playing time on a sinking team. He'll still have "hope" for the future... and gained some much needed professional experience.
I would love nothing more than for Mike Glennon to have a good year. I'm not asking for HOF numbers. I'm asking for good QB play. And that's all anyone should be asking for. This means we would have 2 potential GOOD qbs. When has that happened?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky will be our future... I just want to caution everyone... Mike Glennon is your starting QB. As of this moment take Trubisky out of your mind. Watch him during preseason, hope for the best- but gear up to support Mike Glennon.
Let him be the new guy- If Trubisky was never drafted or if they took a later round QB. Glennon would still be the guy. Let him. Cheer him, give him some time to make mistakes. The phrase "the #2 QB is always the most popular guy" is HUGE in Chicago. Don't FALL into that crap. Mike will make mistakes- he will throw picks and some may be *BAD! (*all QB's do this...it's true- even HOFers)
IF the fanbase calls for Trubisky too soon. They ruin everything. < yep, the fanbase ruins everything in Chicago.

Think about it: What happens if Glennon is booed out of a starting job?
  1. Pace & Fox are on the hot seat. Fox is fired for sure. Bringing in another coaching staff, another new offense for Mitch to learn.
  2. Glennon's year one salary is wasted, and his trade value is diminished severely.
  3. Forcing Mitch to be the savior. Which is a huge ask of a rookie with 13 college starts. Possibly forcing him to press the issue and not play with confidence. (He already has enough pressure on him as a #2 pick who was traded up for)
  4. The mood and moral of the team will be low. Questioning the overall franchise- causing other players to try and do more than what they are capable of- causing more miscues and more bad play.
  5. By the end of the season: Glennon is considered bad, Mitch considered a bust, team with low moral, fox fired, Starting over yet again.

Now what about if we support Glennon?
  1. Glennon get's a chance to cure mistakes. Prove himself... IF he doesn't and plays poorly all year- we all learn he wasn't the guy, and can move on to Mitch with full support a year of PRO practice experience under his belt, and a year removed from the questionable trade up for him. (and another full year of draft picks and FA's to help him)
  2. Glennon's confidence and the teams confidence in him will help everyone.
  3. The big argument for years was to let a rookie learn under a starter- (Aaron Rogers) Bears fans have always wanted this- LET them have it. DON'T force Mitch too soon!
  4. Glennon isn't Cutler. Something LOT's of people simply wanted. Anyone but Jay. Don't make Mike out to be Jay. He's a different player- don't project Jay's bad plays on him...and automatically dump him.
  5. They may still NEED him. If you bench Mike early- what happens when you need to go back to him after injury to Mitch or Mark?
  6. By the end of the season: The team builds on new players (there are LOTS!!) Glennon will be a known commodity. Good or bad, either way- question marks can go away. Trade him, continue to start him, win with him... Trubisky will still be an UNKNOWN. <which is better than calling him a bust in a rookie year with a handful of playing time on a sinking team. He'll still have "hope" for the future... and gained some much needed professional experience.
I would love nothing more than for Mike Glennon to have a good year. I'm not asking for HOF numbers. I'm asking for good QB play. And that's all anyone should be asking for. This means we would have 2 potential GOOD qbs. When has that happened?

Good lord what a long post full of Captain Obvious stuff.

One thing that can make Glennon fail here is he's basically a statue. If there's even a hint of pressure he's going down. That may not work too well behind this line.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One thing that can make Glennon fail here is he's basically a statue. If there's even a hint of pressure he's going down. That may not work too well behind this line.
Good lord, what a tool. What a long list of posts full of hot air... :10:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our O-line SHOULD be a strength of the team, depending on how well Long recovers.

Our tackles aren't perfect, but the interior, on paper, is pretty solid.

Glennon, btw, is not as much of a statue as you might think. Is he NIFTY? No. Not necessarily. Can he run a bootleg, or scramble up the middle for a substantial gain? Yup.

Mike Vick is not needed.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our O-line SHOULD be a strength of the team, depending on how well Long recovers.

Our tackles aren't perfect, but the interior, on paper, is pretty solid.

Glennon, btw, is not as much of a statue as you might think. Is he NIFTY? No. Not necessarily. Can he run a bootleg, or scramble up the middle for a substantial gain? Yup.

Mike Vick is not needed.

Just hope that he feels the pressure that is "really" there and steps up.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glennon, btw, is not as much of a statue as you might think.
Mike Vick is not needed.
Yep. Glennon can move. Just watch a tape the guy plenty mobile. We don't need or want a running QB.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just cruising through some old threads because I'm bored. Saw this one....and fuck there are some awful takes on every page.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just cruising through some old threads because I'm bored. Saw this one....and fuck there are some awful takes on every page.

Wait... You mean it's easy to look good as a hindsight football genius after reading through a draft thread from 2.5 years ago? No way!

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about someone give a recap of what happened in this thread.