• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Todd Haley?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan seems like a huge hot head. But willing to give it more time and from all honesty it seems like Ben hates his offense. So I see him gone by years end.

With that said when you don't have a running game, no offensive line and a bad case of dropped passes nothing will ever go right.

But if they do tank it this year and get a top pick would it be nice to Jadeveon Clowney in a Steeler uni...

I wouldn't mind seeing Clowney in a Pitt jersey either... Either him or (if he declares) Marqise Lee.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all get frustrated with the dink & dunk old-school philosophy... Especially with offenses like Den, Wash, Atl, NO, Phi, GB & such out there.... Even more especially when it doesn't f'n work.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything his offense does comes off play action and if the run isn't there, neither is play action - and that's the problem with the offense right now, no running game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed... Play action is useless when you don't establish a running game. All it does is give the defense more time to get to the passer if they know you aren't running the ball.

kevito32

Steelers & Islanders Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I want Haley fired! Yesterday was an embarrassment, this dink and dunk check down offense is a complete joke. Arians looks a genius compared to Haley. It's a shame.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give him a few more games before I start calling for his head as well...

:lm:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offensive line is just no good.... and they got even shittier with Pouncey going down!!! With out a good line, there is no running game. Haley's offensive game plan will never work without the running game. Which might I add Mr Rooney himself said he wanted us to go back to the running game. But the whole thing stems on the run.... If the run dont work, the whole game plan is shot, and because of this its already cause for concern... Ben and Haley were shown more than once on the sidelines having words... and not good ones!!!!!

We are in deep shit!!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offensive line is just no good.... and they got even shittier with Pouncey going down!!! With out a good line, there is no running game. Haley's offensive game plan will never work without the running game. Which might I add Mr Rooney himself said he wanted us to go back to the running game. But the whole thing stems on the run.... If the run dont work, the whole game plan is shot, and because of this its already cause for concern... Ben and Haley were shown more than once on the sidelines having words... and not good ones!!!!!

We are in deep shit!!!!

Psych you should read the post I put on the media thread today... It made me feel a little more comfortable! :hope:

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been a Haley fan and told everyone last year on ESPN we need to get rid of him. He has done nothing in the past, especially after being fired as a HC. Sure, being a HC has more challenges, but he just doesn't have his crap together. I have tried to give him time, but I think he and Colbert need to go.

Don't get me wrong, I like most of the drafts we picked this year, but we passed on a few good one's. One thing is for sure, we can't do any worse. Maybe we should be like the Bronco's and have Terry Bradshaw come in and take the helm. :lol:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week One

Thumbs down Haley.

Here's why.

At home...you and your OFC coaches had an entire half to watch the TN DEF.

PIT got the ball to start the 3Q and go 3 & out, 3 & out, 3 & out, not one 1st down on the first 3 possessions in the 3Q...keep in mind, this is AFTER already seeing the DEF for an entire half. If you remember the play sequences or pull the play by play...you can maybe see how LSH got hurt...he went from a bit guy to a workhorse in the 3Q...like 10+ touches.

Another thing that I don't like about Haley for a guy that's supposed to revive the running game...3rd and 2, Ben will be in shotgun everytime...bank on it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are in deep shit!!!!

Rooney in his own way could be effecting the play calling...as you say there was a mandate to run the ball better.

OL is not good...but look around the NFL at the good OL, SF is a good example...the core of the OL has been around for a while, all 5 starters played all 16 games LY...NE, lot of continuity in the OL...on the flip, GB has a lot new guys on their OL, ATL does too...these lines are thought be weak. PIT has has way too many OL combinations due to injury that 5 games as a unit

So...the point here is you can't just throw an OL together. Now that there is a C on the team that plays every week, hopefully this group will get better as they play as a unit but it's going to take a few games under live bullets.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rooney in his own way could be effecting the play calling...as you say there was a mandate to run the ball better.

OL is not good...but look around the NFL at the good OL, SF is a good example...the core of the OL has been around for a while, all 5 starters played all 16 games LY...NE, lot of continuity in the OL...on the flip, GB has a lot new guys on their OL, ATL does too...these lines are thought be weak. PIT has has way too many OL combinations due to injury that 5 games as a unit

So...the point here is you can't just throw an OL together. Now that there is a C on the team that plays every week, hopefully this group will get better as they play as a unit but it's going to take a few games under live bullets.

:agree:

But the core of the o line played together at FSU and were doing well together and the other two were fitting together pretty good. But the second Pouncey went down, so did the rest of the O-line!!! Do I blame the O-line.... No. But lets face it, if the o-line is broke NOTHING else is going to work. I mean yea, you will get a few lucky runs here and there, and Ben is going to do some scrabbling and make an amazing play now and then.... but its not going to be enough to win us games!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL is broken...I'm with you there. But if we're to think the OL was going to be good in week one is just not realistic. Unless you have absolute studs @ T (which few teams in the NFL have) most OLs take some time to gel as a unit.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We havent had much of a line since 2005-06.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ben was a sitting duck, he would be sacked 100 times a yr.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...back when 5 guys we knew played every week, not the musical chair game they've been playing the last few years. Still...that doesn't mean this OL will be bad all year.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben needs to call his own plays

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see if Todd still has a job. I think he is done after the season for sure. But how much longer will the Rooney's allow him to embarrass the team and the family?

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haley needs canned .. He took a good offense and destroyed it.. and it was supposed to protect Ben . Hell Ben has been on his back more than ever since Haley took over