• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Cuse?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Cuse reminds me of a slightly better on offense Cincinnati. Defense, rebound, drag the other team down so that their offense at least gives them a chance. 'Cuse has more reliable options on offense, but I'm not so sure these two teams are extremely different.

I agree SU has a couple of shooters....but UC got some big, ugly, mean people on the baseline.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much is needed for Cuse fans to hit the panic button. Many Cuse have been hitting the panic button for some time now.

I like it when the bus gets empty. I get great mileage. :suds:

You're still FAR better off than Ohio State. I threw panic button out and switched over to the i don't give a fuck button weeks ago.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're still FAR better off than Ohio State. I threw panic button out and switched over to the i don't give a fuck button weeks ago.

It was bound to happen. tOSU has been sending kids to the draft the last few years. You hate seeing it, but it's a rebuilding year when the B10 is ruling. It's tuff up in there.

If Cuse had continued winning, they would most likely lose Fair, Grant and Ennis to the NBA. And Keita is a Senior too. SU has nothing to really get excited about coming in the 2014 class. SU would be mid to the bottom of the ACC next year if that happens.

My guess is Ennis's draft stock is slipping and if Grant doesn't come back soon...guns a blazing, his will fall too.

So....do I hope SU goes on a run and another fianl four team with a good potential of Ennis and Grant going pro. Or do I hope SU continues to fall and have a good potential that both Ennis and Grant return?

I don't hope for either. I just enjoy the ride. The glass is half full brother when the worst that can happen is SU rebounds and makes a deep run in the dance.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, I watched OSU against Indiana and they have become a train wreck. Still, Syracuse is like one of those animals at the zoo. You know it looks harmless behind the fence, but you still don't dare reach your arm in and feed it a candy bar.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I watched OSU against Indiana and they have become a train wreck. Still, Syracuse is like one of those animals at the zoo. You know it looks harmless behind the fence, but you still don't dare reach your arm in and feed it a candy bar.

yeah, Thomas was a HUGE loss. We just don't have anyone capable of stepping up and taking over as go-to-guy. Ross and Smith just aren't that good. Right now Sam Thompson is the guy who's coming along better than anyone else. Anyways, I'll be happy if we get outta the first round.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was bound to happen. tOSU has been sending kids to the draft the last few years. You hate seeing it, but it's a rebuilding year when the B10 is ruling. It's tuff up in there.

If Cuse had continued winning, they would most likely lose Fair, Grant and Ennis to the NBA. And Keita is a Senior too. SU has nothing to really get excited about coming in the 2014 class. SU would be mid to the bottom of the ACC next year if that happens.

My guess is Ennis's draft stock is slipping and if Grant doesn't come back soon...guns a blazing, his will fall too.

So....do I hope SU goes on a run and another fianl four team with a good potential of Ennis and Grant going pro. Or do I hope SU continues to fall and have a good potential that both Ennis and Grant return?

I don't hope for either. I just enjoy the ride. The glass is half full brother when the worst that can happen is SU rebounds and makes a deep run in the dance.

I'm with you. Besides that, look at Ok. St... Smart comes back and they look like the team to beat and now look at the year they had.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you. Besides that, look at Ok. St... Smart comes back and they look like the team to beat and now look at the year they had.

the team to beat? what exactly do you mean by that? the team to beat out for a 9 seed? a team that could make the sweet 16 if they get lucky?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the team to beat? what exactly do you mean by that? the team to beat out for a 9 seed? a team that could make the sweet 16 if they get lucky?

Maybe not the team to beat, but when Smart made the decision to come back, they were rated in the top 5 and considered by most to be at least a final four caliber team. Now look where they are. I guess I'm just saying that having good players decide to stay doesn't always pan out.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They "look" like the team to beat is not an absolute statement. I'm sure the jest is OSU is a different team with Smart than they are without him. And the comparison of SU playing without Grant ... he's given jonvi some hope. :suds:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not the team to beat, but when Smart made the decision to come back, they were rated in the top 5 and considered by most to be at least a final four caliber team. Now look where they are. I guess I'm just saying that having good players decide to stay doesn't always pan out.

It didn't in Smart's case. Kind of like Sullinger a few years back. Smart was a projected lottery pick. Anytime a kid is projected as a lottery, they should go. Earn a few Mil and if the NBA doesn't work out, keep a couple hundred K to finish a degree program after you go bust.

If at the end of the season, Grant is projected a lottery pick, it wouldn't be in his best interest to return. But if the back never recovers and his stock drops, staying another year will be a good thing.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all Cuse's buzzer beaters and comeback from behind wins this year already one of two things I thought would happen

1. They would run the table

or

2. Do exactly what they are doing right now and have "luck" run out.

It doesn't really matter right now because Boheim will have these kids ready to play come tournament time and they should be relatively healthly by then, no?

To take your point a step farther Dougie..... SU is like that quiet shy girl who sits in the corner but once it finds something it likes it holds onto it and never lets it go

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keita has been playing so I dont use Keita is banged up as an excuse like other Cuse fans.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you could say that Syracuse has maybe the 2 worst losses in all of college basketball, in terms of disparity in rpi/bpi with the BC and GT losses.

But they have a solid resume against the top 50 at 8 - 2.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keita has been playing so I dont use Keita is banged up as an excuse like other Cuse fans.

Wellllll....other than reading that keita is still limited in latteral movement and can't jump, is unable to go to the floor after the 50/50 balls due to the injury......

Hey....you can always sue SU for emotional distress and bruised ego.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wellllll....other than reading that keita is still limited in latteral movement and can't jump, is unable to go to the floor after the 50/50 balls due to the injury......

Hey....you can always sue SU for emotional distress and bruised ego.

I get what he's saying, though.

If he's injured, he shouldn't be playing.

If he's playing, then you really can't use him being hurt as an excuse. If he's hurt, and hurting the team...then that's just a poor call on playing him by the coach and training staff.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what he's saying, though.

If he's injured, he shouldn't be playing.

If he's playing, then you really can't use him being hurt as an excuse. If he's hurt, and hurting the team...then that's just a poor call on playing him by the coach and training staff.

SU played only 7 last night. Keita logged only 16 minutes. Why Malibu insist the guy is healthy, he's either trolling or stupid. Neither deserve a response but I try to help SU fans out.

Not playing Ketia would leave them only 6 players last night with one being a true freshman and the other a Sophomore transfer and neither know the system.

Keita is playing through the injury, doing what the coach is asking. In his 16 minutes he snagged 3 boards, 1 point and 4 fouls.

In the Big East and NCAA tournaments last year, Keita posted a 8.3 points and 4.8 rebounds per game average.

Any fan saying he doesn't use Keita playing hurt as an excuse, is trying too hard to prove a point. And doing it poorly.

Last edited by a moderator:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ahhh i thought you meant that now that he is back from suspension they are the team to beat. that's why I was so surprised because that wouldn't make any sense

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh i thought you meant that now that he is back from suspension they are the team to beat. that's why I was so surprised because that wouldn't make any sense

Yeah, definitely pre-season... even though they're starting to play better ball, they're still not the team to beat.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU played only 7 last night. Keita logged only 16 minutes. Why Malibu insist the guy is healthy, he's either trolling or stupid. Neither deserve a response but I try to help SU fans out.

Not playing Ketia would leave them only 6 players last night with one being a true freshman and the other a Sophomore transfer and neither know the system.

Keita is playing through the injury, doing what the coach is asking. In his 16 minutes he snagged 3 boards, 1 point and 4 fouls.

In the Big East and NCAA tournaments last year, Keita posted a 8.3 points and 4.8 rebounds per game average.

Any fan saying he doesn't use Keita playing hurt as an excuse, is trying too hard to prove a point. And doing it poorly.

If Keita isnt healthy then he shouldnt be playing at all. Against Maryland Keita played 30 minutes so he was healthy then. Quit with the excuses. When a person has to insult me that just proves to me how desperate you really are and you are just full of excuses. Jonvi man up and quit crying about injuries. It was G Tech. Thats a game they should win even without Grant. I post there offensive stats with proof while you just insult people. Stay classey. You are better then this.