• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This year's Iron Bowl

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me more about having a relevant rival.

Sounds fun.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will there be any living trees an the Auburn campus after the curbstomp Alabama?

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how people automatically assume Bama is struggling because of one game that they struggled in. Otherwise, it's been a beat down vs everyone outside of LSU (14 point win) and A&M (8 point win), both of which are good teams, and one of those was on the road.

The Iron Bowl will be a good one. I predicted them beat UGA, but not nearly as bad as they did. I fear UGA is still too 1 dimensional, and teams like Auburn who have the ability to load the box and play man to man, will do well against this UGA team.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO at full strength Alabama would probably win going away. But their linebacker corps is thin and they possibly lost a starter on the O line with a high ankle sprain. We have more than a puncher's chance so I am cautiously optimistic about the game.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO at full strength Alabama would probably win going away. But their linebacker corps is thin and they possibly lost a starter on the O line with a high ankle sprain. We have more than a puncher's chance so I am cautiously optimistic about the game.
... whereas I'm as nervous as a long-tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... whereas I'm as nervous as a long-tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

IMHO the ILB injuries are the biggest threat to Bama. That is where all of the pre snap calls start and is THE leadership spot on the D. The younger guys are talented but lack the experience to fully fulfil the role. It could just click for them or Coach Saban may have to simplify their D. It is going to be interesting.

BTW, I am not one that expects us to win every game, every season. I do expect us to compete for a win every game and we have not been doing that well over the last few seasons.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One things for sure, at least we got a little film to study so these young guys can see what went wrong.... Nobody has run on Bama for the last 4-5 years. Adjustments have to be made.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO the ILB injuries are the biggest threat to Bama. That is where all of the pre snap calls start and is THE leadership spot on the D. The younger guys are talented but lack the experience to fully fulfil the role. It could just click for them or Coach Saban may have to simplify their D. It is going to be interesting.

BTW, I am not one that expects us to win every game, every season. I do expect us to compete for a win every game and we have not been doing that well over the last few seasons.

Fitzpatrick calls the secondaries set & Rashaan Evans is veteran LB, he's the QB for the front 7 & he is healthy.

Last edited:

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzpatrick calls the secondaries set & Rashaan Evans is veteran LB, he's the QB for the front 7 & he is healthy.

Mea culpa ... I thought Coach Saban had the ILB make the sets and adjustments. Who was making them for the secondary when Fitzpatrick is out?

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mea culpa ... I thought Coach Saban had the ILB make the sets and adjustments. Who was making them for the secondary when Fitzpatrick is out?

That's why Fitzy didn't sit out long... Nobody on the team has the football IQ Minkah has.... I'm sure they called it from the sidelines

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why Fitzy didn't sit out long... Nobody on the team has the football IQ Minkah has.... I'm sure they called it from the sidelines

In a just world, Fitzpatrick would be invited to New York. BTW, I misspoke earlier ... when I said all of the pre snap calls, I was referring to the front seven. I knew Fitz set the back end. It was stupid of me to think that a position(ILB) would be locked into a leadership role on a Saban coached team. What's the old saying ... leadership is an action, not a position.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand Bama is depleted. But Stidham type QBs aren't the ones that have recently bothered and beaten Bama. The last two years the only teams to beat them are Ole Miss and Clemson...and neither had traditional pocket passing QBs. Stidham's not a "back yard" guy that can ad lib and beat a team with his legs when things break down. Baker Mayfield types are a better match up type against Bama IMHO.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAUB0070_WarDamnEagleSilhouette_72x36_grande.jpeg