• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches who are on the Hot Seat this year...or could be

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of curiosity, do you think Dantoni is gone if he repeats 2016 again?
3-9 distinct possibility. 6-6 not a chance in hell. I don't think he should be gone at 3-9 but fans are stupid. Anything less than 8 wins and the whole coaching staff outside of Dantonio need to get the fuck out.

Ari-Gold-Get-The-Fuck-Out.gif

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strangely, Bielema is not on the hot seat this year. I think he should be b/c he's consistently blown 4th quarter leads against good teams, but he inherited a team that was in shambles and after going 3-9 in his first season, he's gone 7-6, 8-5 and 7-6. Over those last 3 seasons, despite having much lower ranked recruiting classes, Bielema's record is comparable to Sumlin's and Malzahn's, but their seats are much hotter due to their huge early success. Having said that, unless the team shows improvement against its SEC peers, I think Bielema's seat will start to get hot in 2018.

OVerall, I agree with you. Barring a big turn around, guys like Sumlin and Malzahn might as well have their stuff packed. Kingsbury and Mora have to be feeling the heat this year too

It's really not about the amount of games that he wins or loses for me, its how they happen. We were on track for a 9-4 season last year but then we blow a 24-7 lead to a bad Missouri team and then a 24-0 lead in the bowl game. We were good enough to kill Florida 31-10 but lost to Auburn 56-3. It's hard to explain that.

I love what he's doing with the program off the field but the one or two games a year that he loses that we have no business losing may be his downfall if it keeps happening. He is recruiting better than Nutt or Petrino ever did though, I saw a stat where 8 of the top 11 highest rated recruits we've signed since recruiting services have existed have been under him.