• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Urban Meyer thing is taking a turn for the worse/R.I.P. Ohio State/It was a good run

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to every D1 program coming clean.

Do you now or did you ever:
Have a coach on your staff accused of Domestic Violence (does not matter if they were charged, accusations are enough)?
  • Did your head coach know about it?
  • If he didn't, he should have. Fire him.
  • If he did and didn't report it, Fire him.
  • If he did and reported it but didn't fire the accused:
  • Did the police know?
  • Yes? Fire him
  • No? Fire him yesterday.
If he ever lied to a reporter at a press conference, fire him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plays right into the media narrative.

Meyer shouldn't have lied to the media in the 1st place. There was no reason for him to do that. He fucked himself. I didn't defend Tricky Tressel w/ that cover-up of his & I won't defend Meyer for what he just did.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyer shouldn't have lied to the media in the 1st place. There was no reason for him to do that. He fucked himself. I didn't defend Tricky Tressel w/ that cover-up of his & I won't defend Meyer for what he just did.

Lying to the media isn't a crime coaches do it all the time.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you saying you think Meyer did nothing wrong? It might not be a crime. But it's a very bad look.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They do not. Context is important here. Playing down your team or pretending not to know who is your starting QB is completely different. Denying that you know about what could be a title 9 infraction is a different level. Urban has embarrassed OSU. He has made the institution look anywhere from incompetent to nefarious, depending on your particular view. People get fired for things like this all the time

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness the media is extremely sensitive lately. If you even call them out on a spelling error in an article they flip out and blame Trump.

That's because he paid Russian hackers to break their spellcheck.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now they are asking other coaches what they think, with expected responses.

What Major College Football Coaches Are Saying About Urban Meyer, Ohio State

It's gaining momentum
Not good.

giphy.gif

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do not. Context is important here. Playing down your team or pretending not to know who is your starting QB is completely different. Denying that you know about what could be a title 9 infraction is a different level. Urban has embarrassed OSU. He has made the institution look anywhere from incompetent to nefarious, depending on your particular view. People get fired for things like this all the time

^^^This^^^

It's not even just about about lying to the media, imo. I mean, who cares about lying to them.

The problem is, if a coach is lying to the media about something like this, it's because he has already lied to school administrators about it.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Nick Saban lie about what he knew of Johnathan Taylor multiple felony domestic violence? I bet I could did something up on Mack Brown.

giphy.gif

Like who?

Happens in business all the time. CEOs lose jobs for dumb comments during earnings calls. This isn’t a hard concept. If you don’t think having your coach go up and flat out lie is embarrassing, I am not sure what to say. Not only that, he went from straight out denial to pointing the finger up the ladder. So if you believe the latest Meyer statement,you now have to believe this was not a coach making a poor decision, but an administrative decision. That may not be OSU’s biggest issue right now. Urban has invited the press to put OSU football under a microscope and that is the biggest issue, because there is not a football program in the country that wants that liability

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happens in business all the time. CEOs lose jobs for dumb comments during earnings calls. This isn’t a hard concept. If you don’t think having your coach go up and flat out lie is embarrassing, I am not sure what to say. Not only that, he went from straight out denial to pointing the finger up the ladder. So if you believe the latest Meyer statement,you now have to believe this was not a coach making a poor decision, but an administrative decision

No..I don't think it is embarrassing. It's fuel for self righteous, pretentious, and hypocritical people.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No..I don't think it is embarrassing. It's fuel for self righteous, pretentious, and hypocritical people.

That is your prerogative. If you think lying is proper conduct for people paid to develop kids than their isn’t much anyone can say to you