• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Urban Meyer thing is taking a turn for the worse/R.I.P. Ohio State/It was a good run

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is your prerogative. If you think lying is proper conduct for people paid to develop kids than their isn’t much anyone can say to you

I'm sorry...I have no sympathy for the press who destroy peoples lives daily with lies. Their motto is "it's okay to lie we're the press". Maybe Meyer lied to protect the Smith children from the vultures of the press. I will wait to hear Meyer's side of the story before I make a judgment on his "lie".

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry...I have no sympathy for the press who destroy peoples lives daily with lies. Their motto is "it's okay to lie we're the press". Maybe Meyer lied to protect the Smith children from the vultures of the press. I will wait to hear Meyer's side of the story before I make a judgment on his "lie".

That is my point. We have heard Meyer twice and those 2 statements are in direct conflict with each other. Now you maybe waiting for a reason to latch on to that makes the lies palatable, the fact that he lied is not in question.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is my point. We have heard Meyer twice and those 2 statements are in direct conflict with each other. Now you maybe waiting for a reason to latch on to that makes the lies palatable, the fact that he lied is not in question.

I'm not trying to latch onto anything...I'm just saying he may have had a good reason to lie.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to latch onto anything...I'm just saying he may have had a good reason to lie.

I would love to hear the reason. I highly doubt the story is this big if Meyer simply said “I can not comment on the matter as it is still being investigated”, basically hide behind the lawyers. It’s not like he is a young coach, new to the big time, or even new to controversy.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to every D1 program coming clean.

Do you now or did you ever:
Have a coach on your staff accused of Domestic Violence (does not matter if they were charged, accusations are enough)?
  • Did your head coach know about it?
  • If he didn't, he should have. Fire him.
  • If he did and didn't report it, Fire him.
  • If he did and reported it but didn't fire the accused:
  • Did the police know?
  • Yes? Fire him
  • No? Fire him yesterday.
If he ever lied to a reporter at a press conference, fire him.
I honestly expected 100 "likes" on this by now. What's the matter? Afraid you are living in a glass house or something?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only reason he lied is to protect his own ass. Period.

The only reason he changed his story is to protect his own ass. Period.

Either story he goes with, I don't think it saves his job (but, the rest of the investigation needs to be completed, of course). In fact, throwing the administration under the bus probably made it worse. Now, not only is he going to end up fired, everyone else is going to end up fired, they just invited the NCAA to investigate not just a Title IX failure, but a full-blown coverup, which could constitute a failure to monitor/control the program, and NCAA sanctions.

Opening his mouth back up was not the wisest move on his part, for him, or OSU.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may not translate to elite NFL talent though.

huh?

there were plenty of Buckeyes coming into the NFL before Urban was coach, and there will be plenty coming into the NFL after Urban is coach.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly expected 100 "likes" on this by now. What's the matter? Afraid you are living in a glass house or something?
While every program may not have an assistant coach/domestic abuse type thing, they ALL have to deal with inappropriate behavior of some kind from both adults and players. None are immune.

The issue becomes HOW they are dealt with. For the life of me I can't understand why these people just don't face the brutal facts and own up to 'em.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, if a coach is lying to the media about something like this, it's because he has already lied to school administrators about it.
And given that it was media day, you know the lie was calculated, because there is no way in hell he would have been unable to predict that someone would ask about the firing of Zach Smith.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he did. He didn't want people to know that he knew about the incidents in 2015.

Kinda like when a kid lies about taking cookies from the cookie jar. He does it because he doesn't want to be held accountable for his actions.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And given that it was media day, you know the lie was calculated, because there is no way in hell he would have been unable to predict that someone would ask about the firing of Zach Smith.
I honestly believe Urban was pissed that it was falsely reported that Zach had been arrested for Felonious Domestic Assault and lost his mind over it.

If you look at the way McMurphy has edited his story (Arrested, investigated and arrested, allegedly investigated), I can understand that but it was still moronic. The answer should have been, "We dismissed an employee for reasons not related to job performance. I will not take any more questions on this matter. I am here to discuss the 2018 Buckeye Football team."

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he did. He didn't want people to know that he knew about the incidents in 2015.

Kinda like when a kid lies about taking cookies from the cookie jar. He does it because he doesn't want to be held accountable for his actions.

If he followed protocol what action would he be held accountable for by anyone?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about all these 'they knew, they all knew' lately.

How can anyone know if its real or bullshit? Hear something once and you run to the press/cops. Idk how anyone can prove exactly what anyone knew.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just keep repeating myself:

I'm looking forward to every D1 program coming clean.

Do you now or did you ever:
Have a coach on your staff accused of Domestic Violence (does not matter if they were charged, accusations are enough)?
  • Did your head coach know about it?
  • If he didn't, he should have. Fire him.
  • If he did and didn't report it, Fire him.
  • If he did and reported it but didn't fire the accused:
  • Did the police know?
  • Yes? Fire him
  • No? Fire him yesterday.
If he ever lied to a reporter at a press conference, fire him.