• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Urban Meyer thing is taking a turn for the worse/R.I.P. Ohio State/It was a good run

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to only be common sense to you

I've heard national sports radio saying Gene could go and Urban stay.

If they fire Urban, there is no need to fire Gene Smith. That doesn't make sense.

One person or zero persons will lose their job unless there is something deeper we don't know about.

If anyone is dismissed it will be both Urbs and Gene Smith.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. So this isn't all about Zack Smith not being convicted in a court of law, is it?

It's about university policy now.

Well some people think Meyer not firing Smith sooner is a grounds for Meyer himself being fired. Which of course is not true. You can debate the "morals" of it all you want but yea......

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said they "expect" it to be finished within 2 weeks.

Not sure how "thorough" of an investigation you need. Pretty much the only question is "did Meyer follow the proper protocol as required by his contract" I'd say there is a pretty easy answer there from the people inside the Athletic Department and University Higher Ups.

Urbs could have/should have fired Zack Smith if Zack Smith violated university policy.
Gene Smith also could have/should have told Urbs to fire Zack Smith if Zack Smith violated university policy.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urbs could have/should have fired Zack Smith if Zack Smith violated university policy.
Gene Smith also could have/should have told Urbs to fire Zack Smith if Zack Smith violated university policy.

Well if the police said "nothing to see here" In RE:2015 incident. Do you fire someone based on rumors/allegations alone? Once again you can argue the "morals" of it all you want, but if the university saw no grounds to fire Smith, it is what it is.

Gene Smith knew about it, he has the ultimate power. I'm sure Smith would have been gone for sure if Smith saw fit then.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well some people think Meyer not firing Smith sooner is a grounds for Meyer himself being fired. Which of course is not true. You can debate the "morals" of it all you want but yea......

No. Some people (SportsHoopla buckeye fans) think Gene Smith should be the lone fall guy for not doing what Urbs had every bit of authority to do himself. "ANYBODY BUT URBS".

I ask again....Who had more reason/motivation to keep Zack Smith on staff, Urb's or Gene Smith?

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Some people (SportsHoopla buckeye fans) think Gene Smith should be the lone fall guy for not doing what Urbs had every bit of authority to do himself. "ANYBODY BUT URBS".

I ask again....Who had more reason/motivation to keep Zack Smith on staff, Urb's or Gene Smith?

I don't think anyone should get fired. If someone's gonna take the fall here it is likely going to be Gene Smith though. At this point however i'd say nobody is going to get fired. Rightfully so. Technically nobody did anything "wrong" based on policy and contract language.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have some otherwise completely sane and normal friends who transform into repulsive mutants the moment tOSU is threatened. I'm hearing things like "that stupid bitch is just a gold digger" and "great timing by this c word!"

Pretty alarming reactions from Blackeye Nation.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So every violation of university policy has to be resolved with a firing? Again if Meyer dissuaded prosecution or interfered with an investigation ... fire him. If not, fire him and maybe he will be Michigan's next head coach.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get this through your head. Urban Meyer could have fired Zack Smith.
He is the first link in Zack Smith's chain of command.

That you want Gene Smith fired for something Urbs himself could have done is a laugher.
Zack Smith was more Urbs employee and personal family friend than Gene Smith was.

Common sense says if you dismiss Gene Smith you must also dismiss Urbs.
Calm down douchebag, you don't even know what you're talking about. I don't think either of them should lose their job just because Smith wasn't fired back then, and if you weren't so wildly biased, neither would you. Gene Smith should lose his job because it sounds like the information died with him and he didn't follow proper protocol himself. He's also really fucking bad at his job.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the police said "nothing to see here" In RE:2015 incident. Do you fire someone based on rumors/allegations alone? Once again you can argue the "morals" of it all you want, but if the university saw no grounds to fire Smith, it is what it is.

Gene Smith knew about it, he has the ultimate power. I'm sure Smith would have been gone for sure if Smith saw fit then.

We do not know the depth of the university's investigation back then, do we? Hence the formation of a committee now to investigate what happened in 2015.

For all we know the entire issue (2015) could have been handled between Zack Smith, Urbs, and Gene Smith. The three of them alone in a room.

Do you trust the outcome of that?

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do not know the depth of the university's investigation back then, do we? Hence the formation of a committee now to investigate what happened in 2015.

For all we know the entire issue (2015) could have been handled between Zack Smith, Urbs, and Gene Smith. The three of them alone in a room.

Do you trust the outcome of that?

Well the university does, lol.

That's why I say if anyone was going to get fired, it would have happened already. No point in bringing an "independent committee" in if you know the outcome is going to be that. You can just call the committed the "damage control committee" at this point pretty much.

Unless literally everyone is lying, seems like the issue was handled internally in 2015. What more do you want if proper protocol was followed by Meyer and the Athletic Department in 2015? At that point it becomes wanting peoples jobs based on personal feelings.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone should get fired. If someone's gonna take the fall here it is likely going to be Gene Smith though. At this point however i'd say nobody is going to get fired. Rightfully so. Technically nobody did anything "wrong" based on policy and contract language.

And I say IF Gene Smith is dismissed, then Urbs will be too.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So every violation of university policy has to be resolved with a firing? Again if Meyer dissuaded prosecution or interfered with an investigation ... fire him. If not, fire him and maybe he will be Michigan's next head coach.

Yeah, because that's exactly what I said word-for-word. GTFO

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're like a pro death penalty for jaywalking person, aren't you?
He's just like the majority of michigan fans and fans of other fanbases that OSU routinely destroys - they just want a pound of flesh and to see a greater program than their's get hurt. They feign outrage and morality when in all honesty if Urban was coaching Tulane, they couldn't give a shit less.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course you'd think that.
Gene Smith isn't a Top 5 coach.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people seem to think that Ohio State firing Smith somehow would have stopped Smith from beating his wife?

At least that seems like what it is.

Hell if anything I'd argue it would make him more likely to beat on her more.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just like the majority of michigan fans and fans of other fanbases that OSU routinely destroys - they just want a pound of flesh and to see a greater program than their's get hurt. They feign outrage and morality when in all honesty if Urban was coaching Tulane, they couldn't give a shit less.

I guess they just don't have my hate for ohio state. I want a pound of flesh from ohio state and Suburban. If y'all are dumb enough to fire him unjustly, I'd hire him (if I had the power) and take two pounds of flesh from ohio state. It's a shame Tressel got away.