• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Urban Meyer thing is taking a turn for the worse/R.I.P. Ohio State/It was a good run

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the guy from Iowa St?
Yup. Started out at Toledo. He'd be a fantastic coach at OSU, and honestly I think he's their target whenever Urban hangs it up, even if it's not this year.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Started out at Toledo. He'd be a fantastic coach at OSU, and honestly I think he's their target whenever Urban hangs it up, even if it's not this year.

He really flipped Iowa St last year. They were terrible the year before he came. That would be a SOLID guy to have, and he seems pretty young too.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again the question is avoided.

"THAT FUCKING BITCH"

It;s an irrelevant questions that does not matter in the grand scheme.

At least admit that you just want Meyer's head on a platter. Because that is exactly where you seem to be coming from.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really flipped Iowa St last year. They were terrible the year before he came. That would be a SOLID guy to have, and he seems pretty young too.
He turns 40 this fall, so he's seemingly got a lot of years left. I'd imagine he won't be long for Iowa State if he keeps them trending upwards.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It;s an irrelevant questions that does not matter in the grand scheme.

At least admit that you just want Meyer's head on a platter. Because that is exactly where you seem to be coming from.

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have some pretty unreasonable expectations. He fired him all the way back in July for cryin' out loud. That was what? 2 whole weeks ago?

Why would he expect to be asked about such old news? :dhd:

"It all happened so long ago, what difference does it make now?" :whistle:

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if you want an honest answer.

Nobody had "good reason" or "benefited" from having him on. Guy wasn't even that good of a WR coach. The only reason he was ever hired was because he's Earle Bruce's grandson

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is fired, it won't be for cause. Ohio State has the worst lawyers anywhere. They lost in court to the basketball coach. He was fired because he gave a recruit an envelope full of cash. How bad do you have to be as a lawyer to lose that case?

:think:

Are they Buckeye alums? :noidea:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you want an honest answer.

Nobody had "good reason" or "benefited" from having him on. Guy wasn't even that good of a WR coach. The only reason he was ever hired was because he's Earle Bruce's grandson

LOL

He's like a son to Urbs. The Meyers have known him since birth. He's been taken care of by Urbs since his playing days at Bowling Green and every coaching job since.

It was Urbs who had reason/motivation to retain Zack Smith not only in gratitude to Urbs mentor Earl Bruce, but economically for Zack Smith and his family.

Urbs (who had authority to fire Smith) had more reason to retain him than Gene Smith did.

There. I said what you avoided saying.

IF Gene Smith is dismissed, so too will Urbs.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Urban at all, but there is no doubt he is a better recruiter and coach than Harbaugh. Personally, I would stick with Harbaugh if given the choice between them, simply because I'd be scared of some skeleton in Meyer's closet could hurt the program down the road, but again, there is no doubt who the superior coach is between them...and it isn't even close.

If Meyer goes down, it would be a HUGE victory for Michigan on the field and off the field....until OSU lands another big time coach...which they seem to always do. Even Cooper won a TON of games for them, so it has been a while since they've had a coach who had a series of crappy seasons in a row.

I don't see it as a victory .... I want Michigan to beat ohio state and I want them to do it with Suburban Meyer at the helm for a couple of years,

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif
LOL at putting the big, dumb Okie up top.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope from MI, paper tigers just like the football team.

ohio state can't afford lawyers with a Michigan Degree. I'm not say ohio state is a bad school ... matter of fact they rank in the top 10 for community colleges in Franklin County, Ohio.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it as a victory .... I want Michigan to beat ohio state and I want them to do it with Suburban Meyer at the helm for a couple of years,

I would love to see them beat an Urban led team, but in the long run, it is WAY better if Michigan doesn't have to compete with him in the realm of recruiting. Michigan IMMEDIATELY gets a MUCH stronger foothold in recruiting if you take away the top recruiter in our region. For longevity sake, if Urban goes down, it could add as many as 2-3 top recruits to the next class or two. That is a HUGE victory for Michigan.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohio state can't afford lawyers with a Michigan Degree. I'm not say ohio state is a bad school ... matter of fact they rank in the top 10 for community colleges in Franklin County, Ohio.
200.gif

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State spends their money on football players while Michigan spends it on basketball players?

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see them beat an Urban led team, but in the long run, it is WAY better if Michigan doesn't have to compete with him in the realm of recruiting. Michigan IMMEDIATELY gets a MUCH stronger foothold in recruiting if you take away the top recruiter in our region.

It is not just victories and recruits I am after .... it is good old fashion revenge!!! That's what makes a rivalry great!!