• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This hit cost him 21K? LOL at the Goodell and the NFL

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I will not argue it because even if I do show you an example, you will not get it or try to twist it, so as I said, it is not worth my time or effort.

We are arguing?

I asked for an example and I also asked you if you think every and any time helmets collide a penalty and/or a 5 figure fine is warranted?

You do not think there are times when helmets collide?

Yes, and show me in a sketch how these tackles are made with a helmet leading.

I mean should every single tackle in football be made with such precision. In college Clowney will be kicked out for his hit.

Is this an imperfect form tackle?

Last edited by a moderator:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too make it worse he wasn't even flagged on the play. Now he gets a fine for a completely legit tackle imo.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are arguing?

I asked for an example and I also asked you if you think every and any time helmets collide a penalty and/or a 5 figure fine is warranted?

You do not think there are times when helmets collide?

Yes, and show me in a sketch how these tackles are made with a helmet leading.

I mean should every single tackle in football be made with such precision. In college Clowney will be kicked out for his hit.

Is this an imperfect form tackle?

No, and the vid you put up is a perfect example of when it should not be. Clowney hit the runner in the chest with his helmet. Clowneys head then comes up and strikes the runners helmet. Was it a perfect form tackle, no. Clowney's head makes initial contact and takes the brunt of the contact. For a form tackle, the shoulder should be taking the brunt of the collision, not the head.

The Atwater/Okoye is not a perfect form tackle either, Atwater does not wrap up Okoye, but the initial contact by Atwater is what he should be doing (Okoye lowers his head and takes the brunt of the collision to the head and that is not Atwater's fault). Atwater takes the initial collision on the shoulder pad, where he should.

What I am saying BB is, the initial contact on a hit should not be with the head. That is all, nothing else, no deep mysteries.

Last edited by a moderator:

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I would call the epitome of a form tackle.

I do not, Clowney lead with his head. Even in saying that, there is nothing wrong with it except for the damage that Clowney is doing to himself. /shrug, but whatever, all of those helmet tackles that Seau did worked out for him... Oh wait.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to start boycotting the NFL Hall of Fame. Time to start blaming these ex players aka the Players Union for ruining the NFL they paved for us. This is not about Goodell. This is about lawyers, and the money these greedy, dishonorable ex players are STEALING from the players of today. Goodell has no choice but to levy these ridiculous fines for as long as the players union threaten to sue for concussions. It's internal terrorism of the NFL and it's killing the sport.

Do firefighters sue when they get burned? Do cops sue when they get shot? Do pilots sue when their planes go down? It's criminal that these law suits even exist. Until someone stands up for the sport and tells these ex-players to live with their choices and stop selfishly hurting the sport they paved for everyone else, nothing will change. It will only get worse.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to start boycotting the NFL Hall of Fame. Time to start blaming these ex players aka the Players Union for ruining the NFL they paved for us. This is not about Goodell. This is about lawyers, and the money these greedy, dishonorable ex players are STEALING from the players of today. Goodell has no choice but to levy these ridiculous fines for as long as the players union threaten to sue for concussions. It's internal terrorism of the NFL and it's killing the sport.

Do firefighters sue when they get burned? Do cops sue when they get shot? Do pilots sue when their planes go down? It's criminal that these law suits even exist. Until someone stands up for the sport and tells these ex-players to live with their choices and stop selfishly hurting the sport they paved for everyone else, nothing will change. It will only get worse.

Good post. I'm not sure how effective a boycott would actually be, but your points are good.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, and the vid you put up is a perfect example of when it should not be. Clowney hit the runner in the chest with his helmet. Clowneys head then comes up and strikes the runners helmet. Was it a perfect form tackle, no. Clowney's head makes initial contact and takes the brunt of the contact. For a form tackle, the shoulder should be taking the brunt of the collision, not the head.

The Atwater/Okoye is not a perfect form tackle either, Atwater does not wrap up Okoye, but the initial contact by Atwater is what he should be doing (Okoye lowers his head and takes the brunt of the collision to the head and that is not Atwater's fault). Atwater takes the initial collision on the shoulder pad, where he should.

What I am saying BB is, the initial contact on a hit should not be with the head. That is all, nothing else, no deep mysteries.

And I am saying to you that in football it is literally impossible to make adjustments in the split seconds that it would take.

Literally.

The oh well shoulder shrug shit and their attempts to make the "safer" is all bullshit. Why? Cause it is football and it will never be "safe."

Those that play the game know the ramifications and risks. Just that when they are broke and convinced by some shyster that they will have a nice pay day is when the stories are nonstop and mostly exaggerated. Same with people who dragged smoke in their lungs for 40 years every day and claim they did not know it was unhealthy.

While Seau's tragedy was a tragedy, he also lived a very good life. ALso 95% of football players do not have massive head problems.

They get paid very well in the NFL.

I am pretty much pissing in the wind with this one. It is blatantly obvious to me that certain people have never played the sport when ever they suggest that ALL helmet to helmet can be avoided in split seconds. It will lead to all sorts of other injuries that no one is considering.

You will get tacklers hesitating, exposing other body parts to all sorts of compromised positions, and there will still be collisions.

Once they are done with football in this country they better move on to all other professions that are unhealthy in the long term. Start with hockey.

Trust me, there is some LAWYA cooking some sort of bullshit up right now.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am saying to you that in football it is literally impossible to make adjustments in the split seconds that it would take.

Literally.

I never said it was BB, I am saying it should be taught to attempt to avoid it by teaching/coaching to not use your head to try and make a hit/tackle.

The oh well shoulder shrug shit and their attempts to make the "safer" is all bullshit. Why? Cause it is football and it will never be "safe."

Those that play the game know the ramifications and risks. Just that when they are broke and convinced by some shyster that they will have a nice pay day is when the stories are nonstop and mostly exaggerated. Same with people who dragged smoke in their lungs for 40 years every day and claim they did not know it was unhealthy.

Could not agree more.

While Seau's tragedy was a tragedy, he also lived a very good life. ALso 95% of football players do not have massive head problems.

Sacking Dr. Omalu - It's All Over, Fat Man!

I am pretty much pissing in the wind with this one. It is blatantly obvious to me that certain people have never played the sport when ever they suggest that ALL helmet to helmet can be avoided in split seconds. It will lead to all sorts of other injuries that no one is considering.

You would be wrong and once again BB, you miss the point, fly off on a tangent, or put words in peoples mouths, good job, I expected nothing else.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, after getting to see this on a bigger screen, I rescind. No reason for the fine. The ball carriers head moves first because Bostic's helmet hits the faceguard. My apologies BB.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, after getting to see this on a bigger screen, I rescind. No reason for the fine. The ball carriers head moves first because Bostic's helmet hits the faceguard. My apologies BB.

tumblr_mpm3bpRYnn1su4cb8o1_500.gif