• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THEE universities of ohio

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are comparing coaches at the same school who won NC's a decade apart, so what's the difference in me comparing 1 coach's record at different schools?

Its a completely different argument that no one is making.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dayton played damn good ball yesterday and was clutch till the end.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodness...OSU didn't take Myer. He left Florida because his health was crappy and his wife was going to leave him because he was obsessed with his coaching. His family was turning on him and they pretty much gave him a choice...leave football or leave us.

If he wanted to stay at Florida, he would have had better chances at NC's than moving to the crappy BIG10.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why all the love just for ohio, let's not forget cincinnati.......

Dayton beat OSU.

UC choked. 16 missed shots within 5 feet, and at least 8 of those were missed layups/dunks.

I give Harvard some credit, but ultimately, a good team beats Harvard by 20 points yesterday. Unfortunately, UC was not a good team.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodness...OSU didn't take Myer. He left Florida because his health was crappy and his wife was going to leave him because he was obsessed with his coaching. His family was turning on him and they pretty much gave him a choice...leave football or leave us.

If he wanted to stay at Florida, he would have had better chances at NC's than moving to the crappy BIG10.

Since everyone just makes up their own reasons for why Urban left I am going to go with he left because he didn't like it there.

he wanted to be at a more elite school like Ohio State.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since everyone just makes up their own reasons for why Urban left I am going to go with he left because he didn't like it there.

he wanted to be at a more elite school like Ohio State.

Actually, the reasons I gave are fact based, and Urban actually talked about them several times while he was away from football.

Talks about his family commitments here as well as health:

Urban Meyer stepping down at Florida Gators - ESPN

Talks about his health here:

Urban Meyer resigns as Florida Gators football coach, cites family as reason - Orlando Sentinel

If he wanted to have true title contenders he would have stayed in the SEC and not going to the crappy BIG10...

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the reasons I gave are fact based, and Urban actually talked about them several times while he was away from football.

Talks about his family commitments here as well as health:

Urban Meyer stepping down at Florida Gators - ESPN

Talks about his health here:

Urban Meyer resigns as Florida Gators football coach, cites family as reason - Orlando Sentinel

If he wanted to have true title contenders he would have stayed in the SEC and not going to the crappy BIG10...

Where is the wife leaving him part?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also, if you read the articles, why he has "restrictions" in place. He must be home by certain times, and leaving the office. He must make time to attend sporting events with his kids. All of these things the family put in place to force him to step away from work.

That doesn't happen without ultimatums.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could go into detail, but I won't other than to say you have no clue and your remarks are patently stupid. Seems to me you Ohio State fans are more interested in discussing football issues instead of wondering what the hell happened to your team. As I said before, One guy gives his life's blood; the rest, not so much. Maybe better leadership is in your future. I don't know and that's for you to decide. There is a problem there that needs fixed.

LOL!! and I'm going to fix it?? this is out of my hands. I know why we lost. The same reason we lost all those other games. You have some good seasons and some not so good seasons. Next season will bring something new.. that's all I know.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's look at the previous 3 years at each school before Meyer arrived:
OSU went 6-7 in 2011, 12-1 in 2010, 11-2 in 2009.
Florida went 7-5 in 2004, 8-5 in 2003, 8-5 in 2002.

I think this pretty much destroys the thought that Florida was in better shape than OSU was when Meyer arrived at each school.

Throwing numbers around doesn't make you right. We have a brand new coaching staff. We still have sanctions on us.. and we went 12-0 in conf. that is just horrible right now in football. + we didn't go to a bowl game.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!! and I'm going to fix it?? this is out of my hands. I know why we lost. The same reason we lost all those other games. You have some good seasons and some not so good seasons. Next season will bring something new.. that's all I know.

Like sands through the hour glass. The circle of life in D1 BBall continues.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like sands through the hour glass. The circle of life in D1 BBall continues.

Yup, that's the fun of this whole thing. You just never know what's going to happen. I feel sorry for Craft.. to have to go out with a team like this is rough. He was all they had. Take Craft off this team and they're not even an NIT team.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: "I have nothing to defend spurrior with when comparing him to Urban Meyer so I will just bail out of the argument now while I am behind"

No, the translation is I have enough style not to take personal shots at other team's coaches or players; especially when I have no inside information. You don't know what went on here at Florida and when you make blanket statements you show your ignorance. At this time, there are 5 sports programs at Florida that are currently ranked NR1. That has never happened at Ohio State...have a nice day.

....and you Ohio State folks continue to change this thread from your team's lack of play to the Florida football team. Can't say I blame you.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, virtually every Florida fan would state Steve Spurrier is the best coach of all time. I stated many times that Urban is a good coach; however his play calling is very predictable and he can't seem to break that habit; hence Ohio State lost their final two games; both games that they should have won.

I suspect that Ohio State basketball fans are just a teenie bit upset regarding the expectations at the beginning of the year and the collapse at the end of the year and that has nothing to do with Florida....and no, Billy Donovan has no plans to join Urban Meyer....LOL

urban_meyer_greased_lightning.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU made it to at least the Swet 16 4 years in a row. It was a good run, lack of recruiting shooters and big men has been a problem.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida fans still bitter about Ohio State grabbing the best Football coach they ever had.

I'm starting to wonder....

Do you really contribute anything on these boards or just look to get a rise outta people as much as possible?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the translation is I have enough style not to take personal shots at other team's coaches or players; especially when I have no inside information. You don't know what went on here at Florida and when you make blanket statements you show your ignorance. At this time, there are 5 sports programs at Florida that are currently ranked NR1. That has never happened at Ohio State...have a nice day.

....and you Ohio State folks continue to change this thread from your team's lack of play to the Florida football team. Can't say I blame you.

Can't say I blame you for completely dodging the argument considering you have nothing to back up what you said.