• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL The Zeke Elliot Fiasco

How does this fiasco end?

• Zeke caves, reports, and honors his contract.

• Jerry Jones caves, signs Zeke to an extension.

• Zeke holds out for the year or longer.

• All aboard the Jerry Jones grab ass bus for potato salad.

Results are only viewable after voting.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If on the roster on the 5th day of the 2020 league year his 2021 salary becomes guaranteed and if on the roster on the 5th day of the 2021 league year his 2022 salary will be fully guaranteed.
I see that, but the chart shows him as just under $11M in dead cap space if he is a 2022 pre-June1 cut.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how this can be perceived as a non-cave. A few weeks back he was being offered a "top 5" contract and you Cowboys fans were saying Zeke has no leverage and Jerry wouldn't/shouldn't make him the highest paid running back and call his bluff and let him sit.

Zeke got his highest paid RB deal that he was aiming for.

Jerry Jones helped reset the RB market. It's probably the best thing he's ever done.

When the Giants have to sign Barkley, and the Eagles and Skins hopefully have to sign Sanders and Guice, it will all be financially even from a competitive standpoint. He doesn't hurt himself.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, I even said he signed the highest contract.....but he's not the highest paid.

Not really debatable, nor is this semantics. And the headline "Zeke is highest paid RB" will get clicks from guys like you (who are the target and the majority who click). Moreso than "Zeke will be highest paid RB when his deal kicks in so long as no one passes him in next 2-3 years"
That's a good point. Who's to say the Giants don't pay Saquon even more in 2 years. Zeke is one of the best at the position and the Cowboys now control him for the foreseeable future. He is now happy and they are still in good shape to sign their other players. Easy win.

Reactions: GNG

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point. Who's to say the Giants don't pay Saquon even more in 2 years. Zeke is one of the best at the position and the Cowboys now control him for the foreseeable future. He is now happy and they are still in good shape to sign their other players. Easy win.
And going first is the key to these deals. Everyone wants to one-up the last deal. However, now everyone who gets more money will be viewed as a worse contract because they aren't even the top rusher in the league.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, I even said he signed the highest contract.....but he's not the highest paid.

Not really debatable, nor is this semantics. And the headline "Zeke is highest paid RB" will get clicks from guys like you (who are the target and the majority who click). Moreso than "Zeke will be highest paid RB when his deal kicks in so long as no one passes him in next 2-3 years"

It's entirely semantics. It's arguing for the sake of arguing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that, but the chart shows him as just under $11M in dead cap space if he is a 2022 pre-June1 cut.
The chart doesn't account for it because it has not yet been guaranteed so you need to add it. Think of it this way. If his 2022 salary is guaranteed before the 2021 season and he is cut in between the 2021 and 2022 seasons, how can it not be dead money?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chart doesn't account for it because it has not yet been guaranteed so you need to add it. Think of it this way. If his 2022 salary is guaranteed before the 2021 season and he is cut in between the 2021 and 2022 seasons, how can it not be dead money?
I agree with that, but the way bonus money is applied to the cap and all the other nuances in the NFL "hard cap" I'm never completely sure. And anythign that looks obvious is usually not correct when it comes the NFL :pound:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones helped reset the RB market. It's probably the best thing he's ever done.

When the Giants have to sign Barkley, and the Eagles
and Skins hopefully have to sign Sanders and Guice, it will all be financially even from a competitive standpoint. He doesn't hurt himself.
Which of these things is not like the others
Zeke
Gurley
Saquon
Miles Sanders

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which of these things is not like the others
Zeke
Gurley
Saquon
Miles Sanders
Three are mediocre and one is an emerging star

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy debating something that is factually correct.

Fact is he signed the largest contract for a RB in league history. But go ahead and argue the sementics of it for...who knows why?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is he signed the largest contract for a RB in league history. But go ahead and argue the sementics of it for...who knows why?
Let's try this one more time. The irrational refuse to answer direct questions as you have done, but here's another shot...

If your boss gives you a raise starting in 2-3 years to slightly more than the highest paid guy in your company makes now are you NOW the highest paid guy in the company?

Maybe this helps you..

A) Yes
B) No

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's try this one more time. The irrational refuse to answer direct questions as you have done, but here's another shot...

If your boss gives you a raise starting in 2-3 years to slightly more than the highest paid guy in your company makes now are you NOW the highest paid guy in the company?

Maybe this helps you..

A) Yes
B) No

Giving a raise isn't signing a contract with guaranteed money and a signing bonus.

But I'm done with you. You're like talking to a wall, extremely boring and arguing a semantically point just for the sake of arguing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving a raise isn't signing a contract with guaranteed money and a signing bonus.

But I'm done with you. You're like talking to a wall, extremely boring and arguing a semantically point just for the sake of arguing.
choices were Yes or No.

would Y or N be easier?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
choices were Yes or No.

would Y or N be easier?

I don't understand what the basis is for you trying to argue right now over a completely worthless thing to argue over.

Do you think I believe it's a bad contract?

Do you think it is somehow Jerry not caving?

I don't get it, why are you so caught up on semantics and want so badly to disregard the fact that Zeke secured the largest contract in the sports history for a RB?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand what the basis is for you trying to argue right now over a completely worthless thing to argue over.

Do you think I believe it's a bad contract?

Do you think it is somehow Jerry not caving?

I don't get it, why are you so caught up on semantics and want so badly to disregard the fact that Zeke secured the largest contract in the sports history for a RB?
Never said it was not the largest contract....in fact I said it was. But the question was is he the highest paid and he is not. That is not semantics. It's fact.

Wanna give this a try.....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
choices were Yes or No.

would Y or N be easier?
Have you seen his posts over the last month? Your question is way too difficult for him to understand.

That being said, while I get your point and agree with the "concept" for this year, I think you are wrong in 2020. In 2020 Zeke will likely have the highest W-2 reported salary of any RB. He will be paid his $13M option bonus and also a salary of $6.8M. His cash payment in year 2020 is expected to be $19.8M which I believe is tops in the league

IMO Zeke is the highest paid RB in the league (for now and not by much) no matter how you frame it. At some point we have to just simplify things a little, no?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke is signed and the Cowboys should win the NFC East.