• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The XFL might make a comeback in 2018

If it came back, will it succeed this time?

• Total voters

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Travel. Enjoy your golden years. There are thousands of things that a person can do if they are bored that won't be a 100 million dollar risk.

But I don't think retirement suits him. Remember that Retirement is not for everyone.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time an XFL player takes a knee during the anthem:

game

Hoopla Cash
$ 9.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Travel. Enjoy your golden years. There are thousands of things that a person can do if they are bored that won't be a 100 million dollar risk.

The guy doesn't sleep. He works constantly, and travels while doing so. What else is he going to do with his money?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Football probably. Not with other things.

Watch the 30 for 30( I think I have it right) on the XFL but I think Iowa hit the nail on the head.

If he doesn't include Wrestling ( which he is slowly transferring control to his son in law) than this might have a chance.
I dont think he can leave the wrestling out of it. Most football fans don't want the show in football.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently it is coming back according to 2 sources (espn alert notification and a wrestling news site)

Vince is looking at a 2020 date.

Announcement expected at noon Pacific.

As for WWE being involved. The only thing that I know now is the WWE production staff( who IMHO is working some serious overtime the past week) is working on a return video

Last edited:

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently it is coming back according to 2 sources (espn alert notification and a wrestling news site)

Vince is looking at a 2020 date.

Announcement expected at noon Pacific
I'm not really excited about it this time. I was last time, but the product they put out there was too much fluff and not enough real football. Spring/summer football would be nice. Bring back the USFL.
Worst thing Trump ever did was ruining that league.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really excited about it this time. I was last time, but the product they put out there was too much fluff and not enough real football. Spring/summer football would be nice. Bring back the USFL.
Worst thing Trump ever did was ruining that league.

Smartest thing they'd do is be willing to take players before they are NFL draft eligible. Imagine getting a Leonard Fournette after that monstrous sophomore year.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smartest thing they'd do is be willing to take players before they are NFL draft eligible. Imagine getting a Leonard Fournette after that monstrous sophomore year.
That would be interesting. They'll have to make it more "real" football as opposed to the show that it was last time.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be interesting. They'll have to make it more "real" football as opposed to the show that it was last time.

I mean, you can say what you want.

guys made the league from there.

it was less rigged than the NFL.

I was pretty happy. :)

There were some halfway decent QBs and RBs as well.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But you are right.

It needs to be WWE pre-game, USFL during game.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, you can say what you want.

guys made the league from there.

it was less rigged than the NFL.

I was pretty happy. :)

There were some halfway decent QBs and RBs as well.

Not as much as I would have thought.
https://www.thesportster.com/football/ranking-all-38-nflers-who-played-in-the-xfl/

The better players on that list played in the NFL first and only played in the XFL after being cut many times from NFL teams. Heck, their most popular player:
Rod Smart played in his first regular season, professional football game with the XFL’s Las Vegas Outlaws where he was known by the nickname “He Hate Me,” which led to being the league’s most sold jersey. Although he didn’t see regular season action until his time in the XFL, Smart began his professional career as an undrafted rookie free agent with the San Diego Chargers, but was released before the start of the season. While in the XFL, he finished the season ranked second in rushing with 555 yards.

Although Smart gained popularity in the XFL, his NFL numbers were horrific. In five seasons that he saw action after the XFL year, Smart recorded just 29 carries for 67 yards and no touchdowns despite suiting up for 53 regular season games.

They went too "all in" with gimmicks and poor wrestling type of SportsHoopla.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanted to remind people how bad the XFL actually was. Not just the play on the field, but how it was run altogether. Hopefully they learn from this crap.
The had 1,2 and 3 point conversions. Not horrible, but just an added gimmick.

The name for their superbowl was - The big game at the end. The ended up changing it to the Million dollar game.

The way possession was handled. A mad dash to get to the ball first.

Any punt traveling more than 25 yards past the line of scrimmage is a live ball and can be recovered by either team.

Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler were the announcers along with Jesse Ventura and sometimes the Rock.

Nick names on the Jerseys. - Just another thing that made the league seem 3rd rate.

Names like the New Jersey Hitmen

I know that everyone is not like me, but what turned me off was that it seemed worse than Arena ball and made it a point to appeal to wrestling fans instead of football fans.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that'd make a big difference in their talent pool, especially right away. They'd have to make it a few years and establish the league as more than the joke it's currently thought of before any serious players are going to go that route. Otherwise, If you're thinking just requiring 2 years out of high school instead of the 3 that the NFL requires, is one year of XFL salary really worth dropping what you already have going for you? If they can reestablishing themselves as a legit league and offer serious compensation, it might work. If it were me, and I could chose to go make 50k to play for a team called the Orlando Rage for a year before I could declare for the NFL, or stick out one more year of a free ride at college in a proven system, where I'd at least be able to finish a degree if I get hurt, I'd take the latter every time.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanted to remind people how bad the XFL actually was. Not just the play on the field, but how it was run altogether. Hopefully they learn from this crap.
The had 1,2 and 3 point conversions. Not horrible, but just an added gimmick.

The name for their superbowl was - The big game at the end. The ended up changing it to the Million dollar game.

The way possession was handled. A mad dash to get to the ball first.

Any punt traveling more than 25 yards past the line of scrimmage is a live ball and can be recovered by either team.

Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler were the announcers along with Jesse Ventura and sometimes the Rock.

Nick names on the Jerseys. - Just another thing that made the league seem 3rd rate.

Names like the New Jersey Hitmen

I know that everyone is not like me, but what turned me off was that it seemed worse than Arena ball and made it a point to appeal to wrestling fans instead of football fans.

Id keep at least 2. The 25 yard punt rule and the team names.

Ross and Ventura were very good. I would expect Jesse to be back though

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you ever watched the lingerie league? Women in lingerie playing tackle football! Google it, that is what we need to be pushing for.