• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The XFL might make a comeback in 2018

If it came back, will it succeed this time?

• Total voters

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to vote Potato Salad but then decided there is no way it succeeds so I went no.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting taking the anti NFL route. I get it, it'll get the people who are currently pissed off at the NFL on board early, now's the Time to cash in on that. At the same time, they aren't kicking off for 2 years, all the current stuff could very well be a distant memory by then. Also, passively advertising yourself as a wholesome NFL alternative is a bold move.

The whole thing seems like a bold, and weird move, really. Like he sees people being pissed off at the NFL as his opportunity to retool and put all he can behind making a previously failed experiment work.

cuiBXzB.png

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting taking the anti NFL route. I get it, it'll get the people who are currently pissed off at the NFL on board early, now's the Time to cash in on that. At the same time, they aren't kicking off for 2 years, all the current stuff could very well be a distant memory by then. Also, passively advertising yourself as a wholesome NFL alternative is a bold move.

The whole thing seems like a bold, and weird move, really. Like he sees people being pissed off at the NFL as his opportunity to retool and put all he can behind making a previously failed experiment work.

cuiBXzB.png

I wasn't planning on watching anymore after this season ( Bengals fan ). At least until 2020 when the Bengals have the option to fire Marvin Lewis again, which won't happen. So this alternative fits perfectly for me.

I'm just fed up with the NFLPatriots. As long as the XFL is less scripted, can identify what a catch is, and enforce the rules equally for every team, they have a viewer.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I had enough money to burn it away on a bad idea...twice

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less scripted? Heh. Too funny

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
XFL will be much better around this time

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on the definition of successful but I'd wager this XFL will be as successful as any other league opposed to the NFL outside of the AFL.

That's not saying a lot. The first go around was a joke and I don't think that this is going to go much better.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
January 2020
If nothing else, I guess they'll have time to plan this adventure

That has some merit. In the 30 for 30, the coaches had just a few weeks to assemble their staffs. Vince needs to hire some good football guys to be able to get this off the ground.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not saying a lot. The first go around was a joke and I don't think that this is going to go much better.

Their first go around was all about promotion and what was on the field was different. This time he gives himself time to get coaches and players more than a month before the first game.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Will the XFL Operate as a Single-Entity League?

The U.S. Supreme Court is clear that a parent and its wholly owned subsidiaries are incapable of conspiring with each other for purposes of Section 1. This is good news for the XFL and its eight teams. At the same time, the Supreme Court has rejected extending single-entity recognition to other kinds of sports leagues. In 2010, the U.S. Supreme Court, in a rare 9-0 decision, held that the NFL is not a single entity for business purposes because NFL teams are individually owned and to some degree autonomous.

Without needing to worry about Section 1, the XFL could unilaterally impose aggressive wage restrictions, strict drug-testing procedures and other workplace requirements that would surely attract opposition from the NFLPA if the NFL tried the same. If XFL players don’t like those rules, they could seek professional football opportunities elsewhere. This structure was exactly what sports attorney Alan Rothenberg had in mind when he designed MLS as a single entity. He wanted the league to avoid Section 1 lawsuits.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanted to remind people how bad the XFL actually was. Not just the play on the field, but how it was run altogether. Hopefully they learn from this crap.
The had 1,2 and 3 point conversions. Not horrible, but just an added gimmick.

The name for their superbowl was - The big game at the end. The ended up changing it to the Million dollar game.
-Do you realize how stupid the "Super Bowl" sounded when they started?

The way possession was handled. A mad dash to get to the ball first.
-I like this more than a touchback.

Any punt traveling more than 25 yards past the line of scrimmage is a live ball and can be recovered by either team.
-I like this one.

Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler were the announcers along with Jesse Ventura and sometimes the Rock.

Nick names on the Jerseys. - Just another thing that made the league seem 3rd rate.

Names like the New Jersey Hitmen

I know that everyone is not like me, but what turned me off was that it seemed worse than Arena ball and made it a point to appeal to wrestling fans instead of football fans.