• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE TRADE THREAD!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard that somebody thinks that Pau will be traded for chandler...no way that happens right? I mean from NY's stand point that seems horrible because there goes your best player but then it would free up some cap space to maybe fire sale everything and start over.

Actually, the deal that is apparently being discussed is Shumpert and Chandler for Pau (it's about the only way to make the money work, I believe) and it actually makes sense for both teams. I haven't seen it yet, but apparently there is an article on SB Nation about it.

The Knicks could use a player who can score consistently in the low post. That is something Pau can provide when he's used properly. Pau's biggest problem on the Lakers is that he is simply a bad fit in D'Antoni's system. His presence in the post would actually make it easier for 'Melo to score as well as other Knicks because aside from his ability to score, he is an excellent passer as well. Also, he has an expiring contract, so if it doesn't work out, the Knicks don't have to re-sign him.

I think Pau and 'Melo could play well together because Pau is already used to playing along side a superstar who needs a lot of touches.

Chandler and Shumpert would help the Lakers defensively which they desperately need. Not saying this trade happens, but apparently it's being discussed.

Also, where do you get the idea that Chandler is the Knicks best player? Because of you think that, I need some of what you're smoking because what I have isn't nearly strong enough.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just need to decide if they still wanna compete or make a few trades and start over, but more importantly need to stick to that plan. You never know what could happen once you make the playoffs, but without Rose, I don't see us making much noise. Depending on where we end up in the playoff picture.

One way or another, I think they need to get another scorer. When your point guard is your best scorer, that's not good. So whether it's through the draft, free agency or a trade, they need to find scoring. Then, with the defense they play, when they get Rose back, they could be very dangerous.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, great thread BOT!! It's created some very interesting discussion that's likely to only get more interesting as the deadline gets nearer.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyson Chandler is still a very good presence in the paint defensively as far as i can remember. I wouldn't be averse to having him...

One of the problems the Lakers are having this season is giving up way too many points in the paint and giving up way too many offensive rebounds. Gasol's the better scorer obviously but Chandler at least isn't afraid of physicality...

The only problem I have with Chandler is that his injury prone, but maybe our training staff can do a better job I believe with Dr. Vitti :10:

I do love his defense & wouldn't mind having a Compton native back home :nod:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem I have with Chandler is that his injury prone, but maybe our training staff can do a better job I believe with Dr. Vitti :10:

I do love his defense & wouldn't mind having a Compton native back home :nod:

Heck, it seems like half the team is injury prone at this point!! What's one more?:lol:

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get Shump and Chandler for Pau, I say DO IT. This season is shot, and I now don't want Melo if Dantoni's system is here to stay. Chandler's contract comes off the books after next year and Shumpert is one of the better defenders in the league. He is also somewhat talented so he'd be a REAL good fit long term.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Trojan that it is a good thread . Should be a crazy trade year as it will also be influenced by this draft. I know a great pg by the way that would be easy to move as he only makes 10m per year. But some team has to give something really good back. I still say he is in play regardless what Danny says

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is a thought, Celtics trade Rondo to LA for their two remaining picks through 2019? LA has to take bad contracts like Wallace and Lee. Celtics take Gasol and maybe one of those youngsters.

Celts still have trade exception. They then move Crawford and the trade exceptions to Minnesota for Love. They give Minnesota 3 round 1 draft picks.

In the end, they get Love, clear all remaining cap space, and only use one of their 9 first round picks.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, where do you get the idea that Chandler is the Knicks best player? Because of you think that, I need some of what you're smoking because what I have isn't nearly strong enough.:lol:

If you were drafting players to build a team to win rings who would you choose off the Knicks roster?

Also, if Melo went down but Chandler was healthy I really doubt they suck the way they did.

Chandler plays D and understands a team concept. If I were going to play in the park I would still not take Melo because chuckers are a dime a dozen but a 7 foot post present?

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is a thought, Celtics trade Rondo to LA for their two remaining picks through 2019? LA has to take bad contracts like Wallace and Lee. Celtics take Gasol and maybe one of those youngsters.

Celts still have trade exception. They then move Crawford and the trade exceptions to Minnesota for Love. They give Minnesota 3 round 1 draft picks.

In the end, they get Love, clear all remaining cap space, and only use one of their 9 first round picks.

it can happen if you're dealing with GM's who are either dumb or stupid or both....you don't know what you're getting with Rondo after his injury. is he back next month?

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is back in January. Give a month to verify his health, then see who is willing and what do they give. Maybe the better choice is to keep him. So many choices .

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
totally agree as need to see what his game looks like....so just how many millions could your team spend on FA's next year? this is something that's rarely talked about by you or other Celtics posters....how much under the cap will they be?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing notable coming off the books for the Cs is Humphries but it looks like they could have enough room for a max contract and little else before the luxury.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls looking to rebuild and Rose not liking it...

Obviously he is saying what he has to say but on the inside how could he not want that? Unless he thinks he is the one being moved? This core is 2 years older and 2 season ending Rose injuries from being bounced by the Heat in 5 games, I would have to think this team will not get it done.

I would try to build around Noah and Deng and your rebuild is already has the hardest part in a center and defensive scorer. Wing players are a dime a dozen. PFs seem to be lately too. Some how find Love, a Norris Cole type and one more shooter, a younger not piece of shit version of jason Terry? Boom you are a Durant or LBJ away from being a serious contender.

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard this one on the radio yesterday. It'll never happen, but I think the premise seems to work.

Chris Bosh for Pau Gasol. The idea that the guy who suggested it had, was that Pau would give Miami the low post presence that they lack despite Bosh attempting to provide it.

Bosh would then play an Amare Stoudemire role in D'Antoni's offense. Pau is often lost in D'Antoni's offense because it takes him away from the paint too often and Bosh is often forgotten about it Miami's offense because he is essentially a perimeter player which is something Miami has plenty of.

Also possibly attractive for Miami is that Pau has an expiring contract. If he works out, great. They can re-sign him at a lower amount than they will be paying Bosh. If he doesn't, they simply don't re-sign him and get cap relief to bring in someone else.

Bosh has a manageable contract for the Lakers, he's younger and would fit well in D'Antoni's offense. The Lakers could still afford some good FA's and land another max player after Kobe's contract expires.

Makes perfect sense to me. Benefits both teams. The Heat need to make a trade like this if they want to win the ring this season. If the Lakers are going to keep Dantoni, Bosh is a better fit than Pau.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do not think that Pau for Bosh is good for the Heat this year.

Maybe if their goal was to have a decent shot and go after a true center in the offseason.

Beasley being healthy and starting is a much better and in place route that does not completely change the chemistry of the team.

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe if their goal was to have a decent shot and go after a true center in the offseason.

Beasley being healthy and starting is a much better and in place route that does not completely change the chemistry of the team.

Pau for Bosh is good every year that Pau is healthy and young enough. Bosh stinks and is overrated and he provides no inside defensive presence. I don't know why you Heat fans are so desperate to keep Bosh.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree only because of Pau's "basketball i.q.". Pau has the ability to learn his role very quickly. Remember how easily he fit in to the Lakers triangle offense when he joined the team mid-season? The triangle is one of the toughest to learn and Pau fit in like he's playing it his whole career.

Pau would actually fit seamlessly into Miami's offense.