• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The problem with the O-Line

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the offense in general is that the formations are all bunched inside. No way to know who is going to rush the passer when we allow 9 guys around the LOS.

I am starting to get pissed with the shenanigans on offense. Spread everyone out wide and throw all game until we are up 17. Then go to the idiotic offense we seem to use most of the game to slow the game down and run out the clock.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're starting to sound like that LWM guy by touching base on the overpaid actors gig.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that Greg Robinson is going to dress as an offensive lineman ... for Halloween.

GRob.jpg

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they run Numba Nine back out there, morons.
I can recall in 2012 when Shawn Hill came in for Stafford and got the Lions back in the game being 14 points down but Raiola snapped the ball on 4th and 1 for what was suppose to be an attempt to draw the Titans off sides for a 1st down in OT only to lose the game when a field goal would've tied it keeping the Lions alive. The moral of the story IMO... Stafford doesn't wear a Lions jersey unless it serves his purpose.

Reactions: Rob

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can recall in 2012 when Shawn Hill came in for Stafford and got the Lions back in the game being 14 points down but Raiola snapped the ball on 4th and 1 for what was suppose to be an attempt to draw the Titans off sides for a 1st down in OT only to lose the game when a field goal would've tied it keeping the Lions alive. The moral of the story IMO... Stafford doesn't wear a Lions jersey unless it serves his purpose.

He's started like 100 games in a row.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe Pettigr-OOPS had two huge fumbles in that game and Titus caught a hail mary to force OT. Then that F’ing idiot snapped the ball. I punted my remote control after that play.

That Raiola snap still haunts me. Nobody in the stadium but Raiola thought that ball was supposed to be snapped.

I need a drink.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Pettigr-OOPS had two huge fumbles in that game
Pettigrew only had one huge turnover, he got robbed late in the 4th quarter that the Titans defense scored on. You're probably thinking of Special Teams giving up a punt return lateral for a touchdown. Might remember Special Teams gave up a kickoff return TD and a punt return TD the following week against the Vikings.

and Titus caught a hail mary to force OT.
Yeap, Shawn Hill had two TD passes(Calvin and Titus) within like the last minute of the game to force OT.

That Raiola snap still haunts me. Nobody in the stadium but Raiola thought that ball was supposed to be snapped.
The whole 2012 season had someone new stepping up for every loss to take the blame. I still believe it was deliberate on Raiola part, because honestly I don't believe Raiola was that dumb. I still call the Lions overpaid actors.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decker will practice Wednesday. IMO it does not create a RB that can cause missed tackles. So I'm not overly optimistic that this will be huge improvement in running game.

No, but it may help a little in the passing game. If it does, then the Lions may be able to use the pass to set up the run. Some part of the offense has to be a legitimate threat for this team to move forward. Even the coaching staff doesn't seem to have confidence in either the run or the pass with the way they've been calling games. Get a legitimate identity, use it and challenge the opposition to try and stop what is your forte.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but it may help a little in the passing game. If it does, then the Lions may be able to use the pass to set up the run. Some part of the offense has to be a legitimate threat for this team to move forward. Even the coaching staff doesn't seem to have confidence in either the run or the pass with the way they've been calling games. Get a legitimate identity, use it and challenge the opposition to try and stop what is your forte.

Watched them pass the ball to get inside ten, twice, to start running the ball.

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decker will practice Wednesday. IMO it does not create a RB that can cause missed tackles. So I'm not overly optimistic that this will be huge improvement in running game.

I think Abdullah and Riddick can make one guy miss, not the 4 or 5 that usually get passed our O-line.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Abdullah and Riddick can make one guy miss, not the 4 or 5 that usually get passed our O-line.

They can make a move in space to make guys miss. Inside the tackle box or with contact, not so much.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After careful study of the O-line this year. The biggest problem I see is that they suck.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team that sucks wouldn't be able to maintain the 4th quarter heroics crap year after year, just sayin'

Watched them pass the ball to get inside ten, twice, to start running the ball.
Playing hard and playing to win have two different endings. The first turnover on down had it been a field goal would've given the Lions the lead and negated a Stafford sack and the Steelers big play late in the 3rd quarter. Seeing how the Lions defense was keeping Big Ben and company at bay it would have mess up Stafford's 4th quarter heroics crap to take the lead then.