• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL The Patriots starting QB in week 1 of the 2018 season will be...

The Patriots starting QB in week 1 of the 2018 season will be...

• Tom Brady

• Jimmy Garoppolo

• Effing potato salad, but I'm putting eggs in it

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems like a cool spot to chill
totally. bay area. i have a LOT of friends out there. no jess this time. she made me walk with my head to the ground in santa monica and malibu.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was simply pointing out a scenario that is likely and again I stated early on the Pats may just trade TB for picks there are options on the table other than one must go.

I never said you didn't provide options. I said your options don't make a lot of sense. Brady being traded is probably your more plausible one so far.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
totally. bay area. i have a LOT of friends out there. no jess this time. she made me walk with my head to the ground in santa monica and malibu.

Wish I was out in Santa Barbara, we could have hooked up

But yeah, Bay area is phenomenal, definitely need to go check out a Giants game, that stadium is supposed to be awesome

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I was out in Santa Barbara, we could have hooked up

But yeah, Bay area is phenomenal, definitely need to go check out a Giants game, that stadium is supposed to be awesome
missed you by a few, and missed buddies on business by a DAY.

i managed to get out of going to vegas. fat guys in the desert dont do well. not a drinker, not a gambler...and pots not legal there.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
missed you by a few, and missed buddies on business by a DAY.

i managed to get out of going to vegas. fat guys in the desert dont do well. not a drinker, not a gambler...and pots not legal there.

Vegas is overrated unless you are with the exact right crew of people.......If you dont gamble, a business trip out there would blow I would imagine

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just asking for a friend.

your giants may make noise this year before they boot eli.

Full disclosure, I cant find a weakness outside of Eli, ive lost a lot of trust

Beckham, Marshall, Shepard and this new TE should provide plenty of chances to be explosive

I think their defense can be in the discussion for the best in the league

I do wish they woudl have signed Blount, thought he was the perfect compliment to Paul Perkins

I'm more excited than in a while, but Eli has no excuses

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue is that your multiple options just do not make sense in the real world. They are more in fantasy land where you think every player just wants to play for the Pats for life and are willing to take these incredible discounts to play for them. That isn't the case in the real world on a regular basis. Yes some players every once in a while will do a nice discount but that isn't the norm.
We are not talking about every player we are talking about one that has been there his whole career and has has nothing but success. One player who knows this is the end, one player that doesn't need the money, one player that if he feels has another shot at the SB with the team he spent his career with may be willing to stay at a reduced rate. At this point SBs are far more important to Brady then money is.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are not talking about every player we are talking about one that has been there his whole career and has has nothing but success. One player who knows this is the end, one player that doesn't need the money, one player that if he feels has another shot at the SB with the team he spent his career with may be willing to stay at a reduced rate. At this point SBs are far more important to Brady then money is.

LMAO

That is some Fanboy type stuff right there

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full disclosure, I cant find a weakness outside of Eli, ive lost a lot of trust

Beckham, Marshall, Shepard and this new TE should provide plenty of chances to be explosive

I think their defense can be in the discussion for the best in the league

I do wish they woudl have signed Blount, thought he was the perfect compliment to Paul Perkins

I'm more excited than in a while, but Eli has no excuses
giants win the NFC east by a game

dallas falls back

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is where your scenario breaks down though. No matter what his cap hit still has to be decent because of the signing bonus/guaranteed money they keep pushing back. They can't all of a sudden just make that disappear. They have to have that count against the cap. So yes he can take a very discounted salary but his cap hit would still be up there.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giants win the NFC east by a game

dallas falls back

Dallas still has tons of talent on offense, but did nothing this offseason to improve that defense, or that receiving corps for when Dez inevitably goes down

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is where your scenario breaks down though. No matter what his cap hit still has to be decent because of the signing bonus/guaranteed money they keep pushing back. They can't all of a sudden just make that disappear. They have to have that count against the cap. So yes he can take a very discounted salary but his cap hit would still be up there.
If he chose to take Vet min on a new contract how would that be so impossible to then retain Jimmy if they so wanted?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas still has tons of talent on offense, but did nothing this offseason to improve that defense, or that receiving corps for when Dez inevitably goes down
bingo

they caught lightning last year. teams have a year of tape on dak now too.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he chose to take Vet min on a new contract how would that be so impossible to then retain Jimmy if they so wanted?

Well it would still have the Pats among the top-3 teams in the league for the QB position. So I guess possible. Good luck getting him to take vet minimum though. That is a discount that has never been done before by an MVP caliber player. Yes he has plenty of money. That isn't usually the issue for these guys. It is more about respect from the organization.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it would still have the Pats among the top-3 teams in the league for the QB position. So I guess possible. Good luck getting him to take vet minimum though. That is a discount that has never been done before by an MVP caliber player. Yes he has plenty of money. That isn't usually the issue for these guys. It is more about respect from the organization.

Pipe Dream to think Brady is taking the vet min to accommodate his replacement, ESPECIALLY considering all signs point to him NOT wanting to be replaced any time soon